Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why? Psychologically page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm here because I'm looking to become healthy having had a heart attack four years ago. Physicians don't understand that desire
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I will have my own home grown beef this December. The wait is KILLING ME! I hate buying beef from the store, especially since it's so dang expensive. I have a never ending supply of chicken, but I don't particularly enjoy the butchering process.

Pink Slim is a scary thing. I do prefer buying fresh round and grinding it. Or Chuck.

I think the reason I am not wanting to eat many vegetables nowadays is because I know they are GMO pesticide filled. I am anxiously awaiting the growing season, but it is taking it's sweet ass time. My goal this year is to put by enough veg to pull my family through the winter so I don't have to buy from the store. That means no winter time salads.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Tashi is offline Junior Member
    I am here because I believe in Mark and the primal blueprint.

I also need an outlet, and somewhere positive I can come to and read about positive things people are doing.

I have many demons that I have overcome over the years and a few I am still struggling with.

I want to feel pretty and be happy with the way i look (without starving myself) I wan to stop putting chemicals and toxins into my body, and since I joined the MDA forum I have found alternative and Natural ways to treat my anxiety and some physical pain that prevents me from being active. So far so good.

I came here because I was unhappy and now ive found something to look forward to, something to value, to strive for every day. (other than supporting my family)

I feel confident that this is it. This is going to help me live a better life where I can play with my 2 year old and 4 year old and not let them begin lazy habits of staying home and DOING nothing.

Im here and Im happy, I continue to be here because I love the Primal Blueprint and I need my husband to join along with me. I see his health deteriorate every year. Ive learned to make small goals here, Ive reached a few, but the next two are
    # 1 try to get "coca cola" out of my husbands diet.
    # 2 create a soccer field in the backyard and play with the girls every day

I am here to make friends to help me and motivate me to carry out my short term goals, and hopefully one day realize my dreams of being a healthy family. because changing only myself is not enough. If im going Primal, im taking every one with me.
    friends, family and whoever else is willing to follow.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I am here for cultural indoctrination. If I'm around you guys enough, I will become more like you.

So, I'm reading "Travels" by Michael Crickton. He started out to be an M.D. and found out he hated it. He strongly objected to treating people as a bag of bio-chemical reactions and then treating the enzymes.
    What a silly and, really, selfish reason. We are chemical processes and nothing more.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I am here for cultural indoctrination. If I'm around you guys enough, I will become more like you.

What a silly and, really, selfish reason. We are chemical processes and nothing more.

M.
    I'm sitting here, mean mugging my computer screen because I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Serious on both accounts.

M.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    We are chemical processes and nothing more.
    I'm too egotistic to believe that. But then again, perhaps it's only a chemical process that makes me that way.
    ---------------
    Last edited by JoanieL; 03-27-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: part of post in wrong thread
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Serious? Chemical process and nothing more. Please. Haven't you ever heard of souls? You honestly believe your personality is JUST a chemical process? To each their own.... but whoa... To save from an argument on an otherwise great thread, I choose to agree to disagree!

Joanie- are you referring to the soylent thread?

Could have a time and a place.. but.... we already have MREs for those times and places.

Honestly, if I have to choose between a rockin' hot guy made of powder or a lesser attractive guy made out of human (hehe) I would go with the less attractive. I think that's the point you're trying to make, right? I'm having an off "I can't read people's intentions or meanings" type of day.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Crap.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Ok, ok, I'm rambling. But that's my answer.

My father is very aware of our situation. Always has been. He's been talking to us about it for as long as I can remember. In the last two years I have come aware of it as well. There are a lot of issues, and I do not think it will get better before it gets worse. I won't say a lot... but there was an initial reason in which I started this farm, and it had nothing to do with the urge to be dirty and stinky all the time.
    Good Morning, Gladmorning,
    You gave me the "I had a heart attack, you dummy" answer. You got fat and wanted to loose weight. We're all here to either change our weight or get healthy or both. That's the direct, conscious answer. But what is the psychological or unconscious answer. Why did you gain weight in the first place? What problems did that solve? Did it have to do with your father? (I'll bet there were a lot of issues. We all have or had them.)

We're programmed to believe our conscious mind is choosing it's responses. But it's usually our unconscious (parasympathetic) that chooses and acts and our conscious mind just justifies those actions. "I do not think it will get better before it gets worse", is very likely true. You've just past the crises point. It will help to bring into consciousness the causes and resultant changes that are in the process of happening.

God, I hope this doesn't sound condenscending. Does it? I don't mean it to be.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast