Thread: Vestibular Migraine (Vertigo) page

RichyF is offline Junior Member

Vestibular Migraine (Vertigo)

Shop Now
    I am 27, male and in fairly good health other than having to deal with chronic vertigo.

Basically, 1 year ago I woke up one morning and felt like I was on a boat. The floor feeling like it moves below my feet and objects in my vision appearing to move.

I have had all manner of tests to rule out other conditions e.g. MRI, full vestibular testing for eyes and ear issues, blood tests etc etc....

The neurologists have all come to the conclusion that this is caused by a form of migraine which can apparently attack your vestibular system on a continuous basis.

Its been with me ever since and still is to this day.

I am about to embark upon the Primal diet and am really hoping it may help my symptoms in some way.

Has anyone else experience anything similar and had improvements being on primal?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I had the same thing. Boy did I have it. I also had deteriotating muscles so that when I tried to stand up the muscles in my legs shook strongly, my head swam, my arms supporting me shook, and I was so weak and dizzy I was afraid of falling down.

I had 'carb flu' on PB for almost 3 weeks, rather badly. The symptoms were not so different, but I felt worse. (I went strictly 100% PB.)Then the vertigo and shaking muscles just disappeared.

I hope you reap the same benefits.

RichyF is offline Junior Member
    god that would be amazing if i had the same reaction. This dizziness is so debilitating

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Traditional Chinese medicine cured my vertigo. Mine was only periodic though. Good luck.

bathsheba is offline Junior Member
    Yes, I had the same migraine variant vertigo. I went gluten, dairy and soy free and only had vertigo twice in 2 years. I haven't had it since going primal, but I still get motion sickness or randomly dizzy sometimes. I think gluten was the trigger for me. It is amazing to not worry about waking up with the room spinning though!
    Good luck to you!

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Traditional Chinese medicine cured my vertigo. Mine was only periodic though. Good luck.
    What kind of traditional Chinese medicine? I have recurrent issues ... ears ringing, dizziness, hearing loss. I would try just about anything to fix it. Or at least keep it from getting worse.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichyF View Post
    The neurologists have all come to the conclusion that this is caused by a form of migraine which can apparently attack your vestibular system on a continuous basis.
    Has anyone else experience anything similar and had improvements being on primal?
    Interesting. I'm not an expert on migraines but I have researched Primal and neurological health a lot wrt my epilepsy. I have been having great results with a ketogenic diet keeping that in check on 25% less medication. Side benefit, the migraine headaches I used to get are gone, completely gone.

I do know that migraines and epilepsy have a large overlap, people who have one have a bigger chance of having the other.

Check out my thread on epilepsy and jump in with your experiences.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread64225.html