Thread: primally approved gum? page

candy corn is offline Member

primally approved gum?

Shop Now
    My local store has this stuff called spry. Not real sure if its a decent choice or not. I haven't had a piece of gum in like 10 years but i'd really like some.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    North Carolina
    It doesn't look like the worst thing in the world:

Xlear Online Ordering

Xylitol, gum base, natural flavor (Cinnamon oil), vegetable glycerin, gum Arabic, soy lecithin, beeswax

I generally try to avoid artificial sweeteners and flavors. I wouldn't sweat the soy lecithin unless you are seriously allergic to soy. More info:
    Are Sugar Alcohols Healthy? | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple (<- Mentions xylitol)

Also, if you want a truly "primal" gum, look into chicle or mastic.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Ah I was going to mention the same as yodiewan: mastic. I'm in Amsterdam and the other day a Greek woman in my class offered me some gum, and it was mastiha. Tasted like a tree for about 30 seconds, and then it was like I had an eraser in my mouth. Not awful though. Definitely felt "fresh."

This stuff actually came in a bubble pack like normal gum, but I think you can just buy little pebbles of pure mastic.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Shop Now
    I wouldn't worry about 2g of xylitol or malitol. Spry is decent, but it loses its flavor after 15 - 30 minutes, and then develops a strange taste. I've tried a variety of natural brands of gum, and this one is the best by far:

Pur Gum - Home

It tastes just like conventional gum and doesn't lose its flavor or become crumbly. Definitely recommended.