Thread: Intermittent Fasting Question page

Angelo is offline Junior Member

Intermittent Fasting Question

Shop Now
    I have a question regarding IF. I train early in the morning at 7am. I consume BCAAs before and after my workout. I typically break fast at 12pm to eat most of my calories for the day (carbs, protein, fats, veggies), 3pm (mostly veggies, some meats and fats) and then around 7pm (mostly meats and fats and less veggies). Is this an acceptable schedule. My goal is to put on lean muscle mass. Would it be more beneficial to eat earlier given the length of time I waiting to eat after I train? Is it ok to consistently eat my first meal hours after training? Would eating earlier improve muscle recovery/metabolism or would it be the same regardless?

Also, do people who fast drink protein shakes or is that only when a person doesn't have time to eat? When would be the best time to have one?

Thanks

nburgraff is offline Member
    It really all depends on your reason for the intermittent fasting. If you are trying to be more fat adapted or if you are trying to increase growth hormone levels (which is a whole other topic) then what you are doing isn't bad. But if you are really trying to make big weight increases then you might want to include something before the workout. So it depends on your reason for fasting.

As for the shakes, if you consume a protein shake then you technically are not fasting anymore.

Hope that helps!

Angelo is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the post. I already pretty lean-155 pounds/5 foot 7- Was more interested in staying lean and getting more cut but did not want this to inhibit muscle