Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member

Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Primal Fuel
    Per the idea of Cierra, I wanted to start this topic to celebrate the SAD and CW foods and meals that make us happy that we eat mainly meats, fruits and vegetables and have more than one excuse to get us out of eating Aunt Sally's Macaroni Salad with sweetened condensed milk or our mother's cake made with diet coke and boxed cake mix. So when you see something that makes your teeth hurt, churns your stomach or makes you roll your eyes, bring it to use. Added bonus if you can Primalize it.

I'm going to get this started with the time I veganized Chicken Paprika. That's primal if you eat dairy- rich chicken, sour cream..... mmmmmm......

But my tragic version included drained tofu browned in canola oil, a sauce of soy milk, soy margarine and flour (plus tomato paste and paprika), lovingly plopped on pasta. I feel like I need to call the guests I served that to and apologize, except they brought an eclair cake made with graham crackers, chocolate icing from a tub, instant pudding and cool whip for dessert. That friendship did not last.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to develop seitan recipes. I was thinking of publishing a book, my recipes were so much better than purchased seitan or other recipes I saw. I ended up finding I was gluten intolerant. Connection? Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know. Tragic? Kind of.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Now my late ex-mother-in-law used to make lots of really nasty stuff. She actually did it "for me", because I was a "gourmet" and would appreciate things like a dish of unseasoned canned tomato sauce with drained canned mushrooms in it (served cold), or a french bread loaf hollowed out and stuffed with cream cheese, italian dressing mix, and red food coloring, mixed only until still lumpy. I think I'm having flashbacks.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    How about the "apple" pie made with plain ritz crackers?? And no apples:O So pie crust (grains) with crackers (grains) and some spices. Yumm It actually kind of tasted good at the time.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    How about the "apple" pie made with plain ritz crackers?? And no apples:O So pie crust (grains) with crackers (grains) and some spices. Yumm It actually kind of tasted good at the time.
    Jeffrey Steingarten did that! He wrote the Man Who Ate Everything... an excellent book by the way. But yes, he tried replicating all the old recipes that you found on the back of boxes and he did that one. He said it worked, but he wondered what the point was since apples are better for you anyway. XD

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    perfectly timed thread!!!

I just received a 'share' on my facebook from an acquaintance. Her recipe du jour: Dr. Pepper cake!!

1 box white cake mix
    1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
    3/4 cup canola oil
    10 oz dr. pepper.....

then you make a glaze using more of the Dr. pepper and some other stuff.

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    As a kid, there was something my mother made that we kids (all ominvorous, mind you) lovingly called "That Stuff" as in "Mom's making That Stuff again. Wanna go eat with the neighbors?" It involved canned biscuits, canned deviled chicken, canned mixed veggies, ramen noodles, and canned tomato sauce. It was foul.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

johnmjoy is offline Member
    Anything involving Bisquick.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    Anything made by HungryGirl. I hate her and her "swaps" with the fire of 1,000 suns.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    oh my gosh! I am sitting here eating bacon from the farmers market that has to be marked not for human consumption and am so very very thankful for it! I have to admit I can't really think of anything. Not that I ate a lot of good for you stuff but it was still yummy...fried chicken fried in bacon grease with rice and gravy, deep fried corn fritters, all very very yummy and would now make me very sick Well...maybe I could coat the chicken w/ almond flour...hmmmmm
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast