Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 9

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    What I think is bizarre is not the fact that cooking was done in the microwave, but the assortment of goo involved.
    What can I say, at 10 years old I could have lived on sweet, sticky gobs of goo slathered on top of cakes and pancakes every day

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    What can I say, at 10 years old I could have lived on sweet, sticky gobs of goo slathered on top of cakes and pancakes every day
    When I was 10 we used to pan-fry bologna or liverwurst slices.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Edit: LOL, i just remembered, this OTHER friend of mine went vegan later in college and became addicted to Trader Joe's chocolate covered raspberry sticks (which is unsurprising, because, well, they are super delicious).
    I remember those ! they are very good yes...

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Honestly if I could come up with a primal Ritz cracker, I could live on those.

I know that Knorr must use some bad stuff in their dry soup mixes because even Whole Foods won't carry them.
    Ritz crackers are just kinda buttery and salty tasting, a suitable substitute could possibly be found....

Knorr brand "vegetable" bouillon cubes on sale at the grocer but put them down after perusing ingredients... 3rd ingredient is MSG (which I don't mind myself so much, but yea), but many other unmentionables, including more caramel color than parsley... yuck ? (Salt, Palm Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Sugar, Onion Powder, Corn Starch, Water, Dehydrated Cabbage, Dehydrated Carrots, Celery Seed, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate, Dehydrated Parsley, Spices, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Turmeric (for color), Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, TBHQ (used to protect quality).)

My actually scary contribution for the day:

If you need to homogenize your meat into standardized shapes, you might as well give them names:

McDonald's Four Shapes Of Chicken McNuggets - Business Insider
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I was trying to think of bizarre CW recipes that I used to eat and I think Im actually somewhat fortunate in that I didnt really cook before going paleo
    Same here. I didn't cook much besides pasta.

One thing I remembered, though, comes from my freshman year of college. a friend of mine on the hall was vegan, and she was pretty much the first exposure I had to veganism. Luckily she wasnt vegangelical about it--she was clear that her opinion was eat whatever you want and dont be a dick about it--but whenever she talked about what she was eating, it was saturated with the feelings that come from the "health halo" surrounding vegan diets. So, subconsciously, that association started to leak into my brain.

LOL, i just remembered, this OTHER friend of mine went vegan later in college and became addicted to Trader Joe's chocolate covered raspberry sticks (which is unsurprising, because, well, they are super delicious). She would go through a tub of them within a week. Another friend of mine suggested maybe she should ease up on them. Her response? "But theyre VEGAN!!"
    I can relate to this. I knew a guy in 11th grade who was vegan, though he wasn't a jerk about it. He'd eat this one brand of fruit rollups for lunch everyday because they didn't have gelatin in them.
    He was skinny as a rail. Not necessary due to the veganism, because my brother who is a total CW eater is the same way, but, on the other hand, I do feel there's a reason that's the cliche look for vegan males.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    I remember once we tried a recipe for ham in cola. Now I've never liked cola at all, but this recipe assured us that it was delicious even if you didn't like cola, so we gave it a go.

Nope.

Never again. It was just sticky and sickly sweet. And this was long before we'd ever heard of primal.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    I remember once we tried a recipe for ham in cola. Now I've never liked cola at all, but this recipe assured us that it was delicious even if you didn't like cola, so we gave it a go.

Nope.

Never again. It was just sticky and sickly sweet. And this was long before we'd ever heard of primal.
    You could probably salvage that recipe with apple cider vinegar instead of cola. Youd also need something else for the glaze, since it calls for a lot of sugar, and treacle is just thick sugar syrup.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Somebody posted a recipe on facebook the other day that was for "2-ingredient strawberry fudge," aka an entire can of artificially flavored strawberry frosting mixed with a big bag of melted white chocolate chips. Talk about sugar overload. Makes me want to gag just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    Somebody posted a recipe on facebook the other day that was for "2-ingredient strawberry fudge," aka an entire can of artificially flavored strawberry frosting mixed with a big bag of melted white chocolate chips. Talk about sugar overload. Makes me want to gag just thinking about it.
    Just when you think the bar cannot possibly be set lower...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Not just sugar overload, but fat overload, most of it trans.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Just when you think the bar cannot possibly be set lower...
    It gets worse, somebody commented on how awesome it is that they will now be able to make SO many knew flavors of fudge because they can just substitute the strawberry frosting for other flavors! Apparently Duncan Hines now makes frosting in some really outrageous flavors, like bubblegum, cotton candy and pink lemonade... Double gag.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast