Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 6

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like gelatin-type things as long at they are homemade. My boyfriend likes jelly things so much I bought some agar powder to make into Asian jelly fruit cubes.

MattyH is offline Junior Member
    OK, here's my submission: anything at all in James Lilek's Gallery of Regrettable Foods.
    LILEKS (James) Gallery of Regrettable Food

My favorite is The Unbearable Sadness of Vegetables, but it's a tough choice. Let's put it this way - I can't go to this website at work cause laughing bothers the other inmates.

Matty
    Last edited by MattyH; 03-28-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I like gelatin-type things as long at they are homemade. My boyfriend likes jelly things so much I bought some agar powder to make into Asian jelly fruit cubes.
    What you are making will probably be very tasty. I've been tempted to make some sort of gelatin fruit thing lately but I can assure you it will not have olives or imitation flavor.

I had a room mate in college that used Hanson Soda in some sort of sauce, I can't recall exactly what kind.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    What you are making will probably be very tasty. I've been tempted to make some sort of gelatin fruit thing lately but I can assure you it will not have olives or imitation flavor.

I had a room mate in college that used Hanson Soda in some sort of sauce, I can't recall exactly what kind.
    We need to start reminding people when they post these recipes as "healthy low fat alternatives!!" that by adding soda--since the water tends to cook off and the carbonation evaporates of course--they are basically just pouring in HFCS into whatever they are making. That might jar some sense into them.

Well maybe not Hansens cause I think they use sugar, but you get the idea.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    We need to start reminding people when they post these recipes as "healthy low fat alternatives!!" that by adding soda--since the water tends to cook off and the carbonation evaporates of course--they are basically just pouring in HFCS into whatever they are making. That might jar some sense into them.

Well maybe not Hansens cause I think they use sugar, but you get the idea.
    These are for the most part people who don't think there's anything wrong with drinking a 2-Liter bottle of soda a day. Or more. They think people who talk about HFCS are kind of weird and misguided.

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    Pancakes made with Bisquick.

Add ample margarine-never, ever butter.

Drown in artificial maple flavored corn syrup.

I loved it....and the thought now frightens me.

My father died at 63........

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I remember toasting an Eggos waffle, and carefully squirting a shot of Parkay squeezable margarine into each square before topping it off with maple syrup. And feeling like I was having a healthy breakfast, because it was warm food, not just cold cereal. (Granted, I was nine at the time.)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    This isn't necissarily a recipe, but I was at a beloved southern cookin' restaurant in Texas, where I grew up. My grandparents love the place, as well as almost everyone I know. I thought I'd be able to order something there, but no. Literally, everything was breaded and deep fried: deep fried okra, onion rings, fried green tomatoes, chicken fried steak, etc. Theres also a designated "roll throw'r" who tosses baked rolls at you anytime you call him over. He also passed out sweet flavored muffins. I tried to order a salad, but once you take off the croutons an cheese and ranch dressing, it was just iceberg lettuce and sad tomatoes. Instead of forcing myself to have something I'd regret, I just enjoyed my company and passed on the food. It still blows my mind that *everything* was breaded!
    This totally sounds like the place we went for dinner last night. We are on vacation in Florida and Disney resort food is not very primal. We went to Cocoa beachfront a few days and tried to find a great Sea food place. The best rated place was totally packed and we had a wait even with reservations. The food was total crap like out of a box almost TV dinner style. I asked for pecan encrusted cod with butter sauce as I was told that it was wild caught. It came breaded ( WTF?), and the vege side was soggy like it sat in water all day. It feels like we're spending thousands of dollars on a vacation to go slumming it. I'm so spoiled by the good food I make at home and am so grateful that I can cook from scratch with healthy ingredients while the most of the US thinks this crap food is good!

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, urp!^^^^

Yeah, I used to eat a lot of those "Miracle Noodles". Yep, Miracle Noodles and fat free cheddar, mac'n'cheese. Good times.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Cierra.... wow. That sounds awful. Send the recipe to Hungry Girl!!!!!

It's peep season! I used to put them on graham crackers and microwave them. Like a S'more without fattening chocolate.

Southern and midwestern food is bat, but when people try and veganize it. Whoa. A healthfood store near us used to sell chicken fried tofu. I believe it was gluten free as it was coated in nutritional yeast and Braggs aminos. It was bizarre- the tofu was really spongey and then the coating was, well yeasty. I liked it with mashed potatoes.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast