Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 4

Darbyfett is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Chili Frito Pie, courtesy of The Duggar Family (thems with 17(??) kids)

12 (15 oz) cans mexican style chili beans
    2 bags Fritos™
    4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    2 small containers sour cream
    As a Texan, this offends me.

Also, grain free or not, Frito Pie is awesome.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbyfett View Post
    As a Texan, this offends me.

Also, grain free or not, Frito Pie is awesome.
    Ditto. Fritos are probably one of the least offensive of the chip world for me, so I indulge every once in a blue moon.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I'm not Texan and even I'm offended by beans in chilli.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I just hurt my brain trying to make sense out of the 'under the sea' salad.

Why is it considered 'under the sea'? I was expecting some sort of seafood involved, but no. Is it because it is (mildly) green from the lime jello? Why would someone mix pineapple with olives and serve it to a fellow human being? If you gave that to the family dog he would look at you, growl, and then go chew up your favorite shoes. He might also piss on your pillow to make sure you got the message.

I am going to have to stop now or I might stroke out thinking about that. And for heaven's sake, that poor defenseless lettuce leaf....

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    I just hurt my brain trying to make sense out of the 'under the sea' salad.

Why is it considered 'under the sea'? I was expecting some sort of seafood involved, but no. Is it because it is (mildly) green from the lime jello? Why would someone mix pineapple with olives and serve it to a fellow human being? If you gave that to the family dog he would look at you, growl, and then go chew up your favorite shoes. He might also piss on your pillow to make sure you got the message.

I am going to have to stop now or I might stroke out thinking about that. And for heaven's sake, that poor defenseless lettuce leaf....
    Cooking has changed a lot in the past century, as has the meaning of the word "salad". I have a large cookbook from the 50s that an entire section of nasty jello salad crap like that.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Out of some sense of Catholicism, my mother made almost the same meal every Friday: salmon patties and Tator Tots. I hated those tots. Started calling them Potato Poopies. Asked pretty please if she'd stop serving them. So, then we had the salmon patties on English Muffins. Okay, not totally gross, just not very nutritious.

I think I've finally gotten my last issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray - it was a gag gift. And gag I do as I search for things I can primalize. This month, she took a perfectly good frittata recipe, and threw in a cup and a half of Fritos.

Another lovely article this month was taking three different types of girl scout cookies, and just by crumbling them and adding lots of cream (good) and sugar (bad), come up with three lovely desserts: Thin Mint Cookies & Cream Pie, Apple Crisp (you even add apples!), and Peanut Butter Patty Parfait.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sad to say, I LOVED Frito Pie. Never again.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    My go to stress relief used to be fritos and french onion dip. Periodically I want that but when I really consider it I know they just will not taste as good as I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Sad to say, I LOVED Frito Pie. Never again.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    used to make this pudding out of the really soft kind of tofu mixed with melted chocolate bars and splenda. I thought I was being all heathy because I was using 72% chocolate and the whole thing was so low in fat.
    I used to buy a mix that you could mix in with the "Silken Tofu". It was kind of chalky IIRC.

I also confess to serving guests a home made Tofurkey. It had ground tofu, agar, chikenless broth flavor and about 657 other ingredients. It took like 6 hours to assemble. It reminded me of those Land O lakes turkey rolls my mom used to make that kind of had the texture of ground up turkey that might have had some feathers still in it. I loved those. My mom would make butternut squash with a stick of margarine and a cup of brown sugar as a side dish for it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Growing up in California with a European mother I never knew that Jello could be considered a "salad" until I visited the Midwest. It was on this same trip that I saw sugar being spooned on top of spaghetti like you would Parmesan. It was an eye opening experience.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast