Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 36

tres rios is offline Junior Member
    How about bolgna soup?? Boil water throw in some packeged bologna and a can of whatever vegetable and voila, soup du jour.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Egerland is offline Senior Member
    Dump Cakes and Dump Dinners... yuck! And they're "orgreenic"

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    Only have read the first few pages of this thread and it's hilarious! You know those metal cheese graters where you put a chunk of cheese in the top and turn a little handle? Now imagine a plate of hot spaghetti with a blob of store-bought sauce on top and the grater hovering above with a chunk of...

...Velveeta?!? Then imagine how Play-doh oozes out in sticky, lumpy strings. That was spaghetti in our house growing up!

pilot is offline Senior Member
    I found an autographed copy of "Mema's Manna Recipes for the Busy Person" at my mother's house after she died.

Amazon has it. Of course. An awful lot of the recipes have a can of some kind of soup as a main ingredient, usually Cream of Mushroom.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I'm just impressed (not the right word) by the number of recipes that include something like 'one packet white cake mix' as an ingredient.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I'm just impressed (not the right word) by the number of recipes that include something like 'one packet white cake mix' as an ingredient.
    Oh hell yah! I see that all the time on Allrecipe. I like that website but god, I want to bake a cake! Give me a real recipe!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Knifegill’s mom just posted this one on Facebook, saying, "Potluck Recipe!"

Ingredients
    1 can cherry pie filling
    1/2 cup butter
    16 ounces Sour Cream
    8 ounces Cream Cheese
    16 ounces marshmallows
    2 regular size keebler ready graham pie crusts ( save plastic as cover)
    Directions
    1. In med-large bowl mix together sour cream and cream cheese until smooth and set aside.
    2. On stove top melt stick of butter and mix in marshmallows little at a time until smooth.
    3. Quickly add marshmallow mix into the sour cream/cream cheese mix and quickly mix those together.
    4. Pour equal amount of cheesecake into each of the ready pie crusts. Cover the pies with the plastic that came with the pie Place in fridge overnight.
    5. Once pie is firm you may top with cherry pie filling or any other fruit you may want to top pie with
    Mmm, chemical marshmallows, “cherry” poison, and fake graham cracker crust. What a wonderful way to feed your friends and family!

The worst part is, she lived with us for four years, and the whole time was asking Knifegill which foods were healthy and how to prepare them. She now lives with Knifegill’s sister, who eats a mostly primal diet. Obviously, she doesn't really want to be healthy. Sigh.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    Knifegill’s mom just posted this one on Facebook, saying, "Potluck Recipe!"

Mmm, chemical marshmallows, “cherry” poison, and fake graham cracker crust. What a wonderful way to feed your friends and family!

The worst part is, she lived with us for four years, and the whole time was asking Knifegill which foods were healthy and how to prepare them. She now lives with Knifegill’s sister, who eats a mostly primal diet. Obviously, she doesn't really want to be healthy. Sigh.
    After I learned basic food, I always wondered how they got that gelatinous ooze so bright and thick and goopy. Honestly, I could probably figure it out, but I'm not sure I want to.

I am so confused by the marshmallows... Why? Where and how and why does that texture fit into the pseudo creamy pudding of a cake? Why?

One of my friends has this "cheese cake cake" she makes where it's no bake cheesecake on top of a cake and topped with canned fruit pie filling. She was sweet enough to make a gluten free one for me, though sadly, maybe, our shifts changed and the other shift ate it.

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of marshmallows, did anyone else eat "fluffernutters"? My elementary school served them, on white bread, of course. Gooey peanut butter plus gooier marshmallow creme. I also liked mashed bananas and mayo sandwiches at home...the school didn't provide those.

In older years, I used to get a giant oatmeal cookie plus a vanilla milkshake for lunch...then had enough change left over to get a grape soda after school. Favorite snack then was a 3 Musketeers candy bar (fluffy stuff with teeth hurting amount of sugar plus a "chocolate" coating.)

A friend of mine loved to make faux cookie dough by mixing margerine, chocolate chips, flour, and sugar then eating the bowlful.

Ended up with seven crowns by my mid-thirties, a coincidence no doubt. Now I am not particularly tempted by sugar, thank goodness.

rvee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Regarding the white bread cut in layers:This is *priceless*! The 1970's kid in me wants to MAKE that. But no part of me wants to eat it, lol.

Blech

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast