Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 35

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    My dad loves fried bologna. I am iffy on bologna type sausages. My brother loves fried spam, so maybe it's a man in my family thing. They're both meh on funky things I love (cheese and fissssh)
    SPAM is almost primal! The original variety, not any of the new flavors or the lower fat varieties.

From here: Spam (food) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, sugar, and sodium nitrite as a preservative. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.
    It's even got gelatin! Okay, so it's 80/20. Bologna is nowadays just icky, but I indulge occasionally.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Bologna is nowadays just icky, but I indulge occasionally.
    Bologna has ALWAYS been icky!

Getting a bit of American cheese with the wrapper still on and on an expensive fruit plate is funny.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    My favorite "food is fucked up" experiment to tell random people arguing nutrition now is this: pick up a can of spam and any other colourful thing, turn them over, and count the ingredients. Extra points for ones you can't pronounce.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I took just enough organic chemistry to be dangerous, especially to people trying to sell me crappy food. I know the compound names for everything I'm allergic to, and can point out alcohols, enzymes, and sugars just by looking at an ingredient name. Pisses my buddies off to no end when I point out what they're actually eating: "Sugar, water, enzyme, sugar, sugar, sugar, turns into sugar, one hydroxide from poison, alcohol..."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Here's a recipe for "Diet Bread" I found in a 1700s colonial American cookbook:

One pound sugar, 9 eggs, beat for an hour, add to 14 ounces flour, spoonful rose water, one do. cinnamon or coriander, bake quick.
    I think the diet part must have come from "beat for an hour," and the justaposition with "bake quick" is priceless.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

I think the diet part must have come from "beat for an hour," and the justaposition with "bake quick" is priceless.
    You want that bread? You better be willing to work for it, boyo! XD

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member

Wait.... that's talking about the dough?

I knew something was wrong.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    CW (April 2014): 207
    CBF: 16% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Gosh we Americans were poor eaters even from the early days!
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast