Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 32

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The local family-run high quality traditional bakers and confectioners always has seasonal window displays, and they do a lot of novelty confections for Christmas. The latest my partner saw today (I haven't seen it yet) is chocolate spaghetti Bolognese, white chocolate spaghetti with coloured dark chocolate sauce. She said it was true-to-life realistic to look at.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Very Merry Trollmas treat updates: I will be making chocolate chip cookie/oreo/brownie bar abominations and nutella stuffed cresent rolls. All in total, one can, one tub, two boxes, a pack of cookies, and a bag of sugar, so they totally meet the requirements of this social experiment. Now to come up with some cute, cliche presentation.

That four day pass is mine.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    OMG - the brownie bar thing - ugh. Abomination is a good word. It looks like someone threw up every tacky dessert ever served by Denny's, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    The photo of the ingredients for that one is pretty special.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I once made real eclairs. With real pastry cream, ganache and pate choux. Put forth genuine effort. Only to be informed that "you can make the same thing with graham crackers, pudding, coolwhip and chocolate frosting". I died inside.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I once made real eclairs. With real pastry cream, ganache and pate choux. Put forth genuine effort. Only to be informed that "you can make the same thing with graham crackers, pudding, coolwhip and chocolate frosting". I died inside.
    and they died on the outside when you judy-chopped them to the throat right?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Clearly the person who said that is an IDIOT and doesn't deserve to even taste such creations! I hope you never wasted your cooking on them again. I may be a little over sensitive when it comes to eclairs which essentially are the same thing as cream puffs, I used to make Croquembouche (a tower of cream puffs held together by caramel) for my son's birthday. If anyone had made such a comment in our house they would have been promptly 86ed.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

momrn is offline Member
    I've had both and no, not the same. At all. Sigh.

I'm thinking of making that awful chocolate chip cookie/oreo/brownie thing for Christmas to torture my best friend's crossfitting OMG I'm so fat DIL. She's so mean to my friend and she wouldn't be able to resist this.

Would that be wrong?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    @momrn - Nope, not wrong at all.

I think the thing that saves me from desserts is that I don't have the patience to be as perfect as one needs to be a good pastry maker. Sometimes I love to cook. And I like creating new cocktails even when they fail (Brandy and Protein Shakes do not taste anything like a Brandy Alexander by the way ). But baking stresses me out.

I love eclairs and cream puffs, and I'm very glad I'd have to go way out of my way to find one.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

momrn is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for giving me permission, Joanie!

Heads up on cocktail mixing--
    Diet Big Red + vodka=robutussin

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast