Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 31

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    I would eat the hell out of that minus the shortening/veg oil replaced with something else. Damn. I'm gonna see if I can get someone to make that for me.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

I love Cheesecake Factory. I used to go there for my bday dinner every year because everyone will find something they like to eat.

Peanut butter cookie dough chocolate cheesecake wasn't too shabby either.

And then the midnight before at ihop. That is a 10 yr tradition.

I still did ihop this year with a "shell egg" (as opposed to from a carton mixed with pancake batter) omelette. Soooo good. I love crappy diner food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I would eat the hell out of that minus the shortening/veg oil replaced with something else. Damn. I'm gonna see if I can get someone to make that for me.
    Substitute melted butter for the oil. It doesn't look difficult to make, just need to do it stages, make the pound cake a few days in advance as it keeps well. Same with pastry cream. No more difficult than a Croquembouche, which used to be my son's favorite birthday cake:

Croquembouche (Caramel-Glazed Cream Puffs) | SAVEUR
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    Cheesecake Factory makes one of the best burritos you can get on the East Coast.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    The Christmas Troll Treat Challenge

My unit is having a competition for the best food brought to the Christmas party with the first place prize being a four day pass. I considered trying, but then my friends and I got talking about how it seems real food made with passion and care is always beaten by something from a can in these types of situations. So we had a wonderful, awful idea.

We are going to make a Christmas abomination and use our coworkers as guinea pigs in the name of food science. What I need from you is inspiration. What is the most ridiculous treat in your old SAD arsenal? The more cans and boxes involved, the better.

reposted from the funny CW moments thread.

Drock is online now Member
    Just saw someone on fb post a recipe for Doritos bread. Wha??

You put ground up Doritos in the dough (along with the usual bread ingredients), then sprinkle more on top. Then, there was a supplemental recipe for Doritos butter.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I was eating wings in the teachers lounge. Right next to me, someone was eating the school lunch. Talk about a nightmare. Some sort of rice/ noodle/ tomato/ ground meat (read: meat plus filler plus preservatives) thing, a tiny little iceberg lettuce salad (1/2 c total), a roll, some spinach that had been boiled into oblivion, apple slices that weren't browning, and milk.
    I remember the ones I had growing up as being similar, if not worse. One of my favorites (besides the pizza brick) was chicken finger day: Chicken fingers not even McDonald's would have sold, a roll, insta mashed potatoes with margarine, gravy, a boiled to death green vegetable, and fat free milk (which I didn't touch because I was accustomed to whole milk, not "chalk water".)
    I got headaches or nausea (read: sulfite overload on my first meal of the day) seemingly twice a week. No small wonder I started taking my lunch in 4th grade.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I brought lunch for most of my pre-college education. My parents let me buy sometimes as treats because I wanted to be like my peers. I only remember eating PB&J & pizza in a small rectangle tin in elementary school (w/ tiny chocolate milk cartons). In middle school, I was taught to get bagels (that's what the girls ate, didn't realize till now that it was promoting a kind of disordered eating) and how to hide an extra cream cheese container under your hand so you didn't have to pay the extra $0.20. In high school, I'd get the pizza, or bagels (extra cream cheese would get hidden in my purse). I don't remember what other food was actually offered.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I always went to a poor catholic school, so our food was from home or disgusting. Unless it was spaghetti day, my lunch was a bag of sun chips and a bowl of overripe strawberries. You know, to be healthy.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Back when I took my lunch in HS, it was either leftovers (spaghetti, pad thai, baked ziti, stir fry, etc), or my standard lunch: sandwich (wheat bread, cheese, $0.50/ pack lunch meat), fruit, Dr Pepper, oatmeal creme pie, chips.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast