Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 30

yelena is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Crusty white bread dipped in the sweetened condensed milk (boiled or just out of the can) with tea.
    Black (sourdough rye) bread with mustard with various incarnations of cabbage soups (tchi)
    grandma's yest based pies (various staffing but I assume that apples and apple pate de fruit was the worst from a Primal POV)
    grandma's lemon roll (sweetened condensed milk dough, lemons ground with copious sugar)
    I'm not seeing how any of that is particularly tragic. Especially the shchi. And really good black bread is the only kind of bread I miss. And if you grandmother's pies and pirozhki were anything like my grandmother's... well, in my book that's an acceptable indulgence once in a while.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    I guess this isn't really that bizarre, but when I was a kid if I wanted something for breakfast other than cereal or a bagel i would dump some boxed pancake or cake mix into a bowl, add some water, maybe some chocolate chips or sprinkles, and microwave it till it was fluffy. Then I'd top it with either loads of syrup or canned frosting and scarf the whole thing down. I remember it being pretty good if I mixed it right, but sometimes it came out like a gummy, rubbery sponge.
    OMG - at one time this was about my favorite breakfast. I mostly loved it with Bisquick or krusteaz pancake mix. Put in a bowl add water or milk and microwave until fluffy. Cover in margarine, sometimes syrup and enjoy with a big glass of 1% milk. Now it almost makes me gag thinking about it.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I found a recipe website for students. Here are some highlights from todays search:

Title comment
    A different touch to maggie U'll like it ... i think (I was curious so I clicked it; turned out to be some sort of instant(?) noodle dish)
    Airplane sandwich Do you like food in airplanes. if you do your gonna love this one. (I am praying for the author's sarcasm or their soul. It's a cheese and tomato sandwich by the way)
    Marmite pasta! Everyone who has tried this loves it! (Either that or they were being nice)
    Digestive delight! Alternative to weetabix etc. (Here's the recipe: 6, 8 or 10 digestives (depending how hungry you are!), Milk, Sugar)
    My stirfry Kinda spicy not really though
    And finally, V'omelette Cheap tasty omelette (The actual recipe looks good, but just why would anyone name food something that could be mistaken for "vomit?")

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Strawberry mouse.
    - condensed milk
    - heavy cream
    - strawberry syrup
    - if needed additional sweetner
    - smashed strawberries....

The additional sweetner is the killer!!! like you need it...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    And how do they make the ears and tail?

Student food... I thought that was pot noodles? Though I would sometimes open a tin of mixed beans, drain it, and pour in boiling water to heat them through...

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Not specifically recipes but I was shocked by the SAD.
    Last year my bf and I went to travel Canada and Michigan for the first time. I had never been to the US before but had heard stories about the meal sizes.
    In Chicago our last stop on the road we were already shocked enough about the food eaten in both countries (I mean a steak here costs 5€ so to find a good steak for 2 dollar was a shocker) but we decided to go to the Cheese-cake factory for lunch. It was before my primal time and I love anything cake related.
    We were adjusting to the standard portions so we choose our menu from the 'healthy lunch menu'.... I order a chicken breast curry with rice and veggies from the smaller portion list.
    I got, 2 whole chicken breasts (My bf and I eat from that for about 2 days normally), a huge pile of rice and practically 1 veggie... (yeah so much for the healthy menu)...I barely was able to eat it but being at the cheese-cake factory calls for eating Cheese cake. (no small portions menu there)... I managed to eat it all but I didn't need to eat again that day.

What I found most shocking about the whole experience was the back of the cheese-cake menu-card. There was a advertisement for certain cakes, if you bought them half of your money would go to US citizens that weren't able to buy their own food!!!!!!!!!

Both my bf and I concluded that it would be much better for the whole of the US waiste line to just cut the portions in half and feed that to the people who can't afford food!!!!
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I got, 2 whole chicken breasts
    I could kill two whole chicken breasts. Usually you get like a 4 ounce portion of chicken, LOL.

Cheesecake Factory is what it is- an excuse to be a glutton.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Breakfast lasagna. Here is the recipe:
    Recipe: Crystal Palace “Pooh’s Breakfast Lasagna” | the disney food blog

And here is a helpful commenter:
    As I was reading the above negative comments I was just thinking that there are many ways you could make this into a healthy meal. You can substitute Pastry cream for Non dairy lite french vanilla cool whip. And the Custard for low-fat vanilla pudding. It has a ton of simple carbs, but if you prefer other types of flour to All Purpose flour, you can also sub those. I would say no to the shortening and yes to a healthy oil. And since you are making this recipe at home, you can add as many fruits as you’d like! Add some strawberries or blackberries. Add some fresh pineapple! The possibilities of fruit mixtures are endless. And the berries & pineapple are acidic so they will help your body break down the fats in this breakfast dessert. It’s your breakfast be creative! You can still make healthy choices and have your cake too.
    Oh! I almost forgot. You can sub lower fat milks for whole (which is usually what’s used for baking & in restaurants) And you can sub Splenda for granulated sugar either buy baking Splenda (1/2 Splenda, 1/2 white sugar). Or if you prefer invert sugars like Agave syrup or honey to white sugar you can probably look up and conversion chart online to see how much you’d need instead. And Kosher salt doesn’t absorb the same way as table salt into your body, so that’s a good sub for table salt. And it’s usually what bakeries & restaurants use as well.
    Need new desk.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Breakfast lasagna. Here is the recipe:
    Recipe: Crystal Palace “Pooh’s Breakfast Lasagna” | the disney food blog

And here is a helpful commenter:

Need new desk.
    From sugar and flour bomb to chemical bomb. Stunning.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I don't see why Pooh was even referenced in the first place. I mean, there's plenty of sugar, but Pooh loved honey not sugar and flour!

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast