Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 3

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I made this for a christmas party when I was trialling diary free to see if it helped my breastfed baby's reflux: Vanilla Custard Slice

Dairy free didn't help her reflux, but now I wonder if I'd just cut the crap out we might have had more success? Probably. I was stuck in the CW mindset that if I eliminated one food group then I needed to replace it with some sort of processed gunk. I'm pretty sure I was the only one who ate the above recipe because I remember bringing home quite a few that sat around in my fridge until I threw them out.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    Oh man, Divinity is delicious though.

Also, originally from Atlanta, btw!
    Cool. I had never heard of Divinity before. The thought of eating something made of sugar and corn syrup combined makes my fillings start shaking, though

I'm in, but not from Atlanta, btw.
    Last edited by Graycat; 03-26-2013 at 02:58 PM.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Okay...I know it is horrible but divinity is amazing. It just melts in your mouth. I have not had any since my grandmother passed and it is very hard to make so I probably never will but I love it....

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Haha, how about this one? Would you like some corn syrup with your white sugar?
    I think the egg whites are owed an apology here

Divinity Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    That is horrible! I can think of plenty of southern dishes that don't require breading..ham, pork roast, roast beef, bacon, eggs, bacon, sausage, hmmmmm.....
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    *claps hands all giddy* my boyfriend doesnt understand why im fascinated with these revolting recipes, but i just love them. its so fun to see what people think of as food. here are a few more goodies from the blog i read that posts them.

"UNDER THE SEA SALAD (with humorous side notes from widelawns

2 pkgs. lime Jello
    3 1/2 c. hot water
    1 sm. can crushed pineapple (which everyone knows goes great with olives)
    1 sm. bottle Stuffed olives, sliced (why is Stuff capitalized?)
    1 pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese (wonder what would happen if you used store brand?)
    1/2 c. nuts (what kind??? what kind of nuts? Because that would make all the difference you know!)
    1/2 c. salad dressing (I guess this means Miracle Whip, oh God help me)

Mix Jello in hot water. To half of the above liquid, add 1 can crushed pineapple and 1 small bottle stuffed olives. Put in pan in refrigerator to set. Let second half set also, then whip it and add cream cheese, nuts and salad dressing. Spread this over first layer. Cut in squares, serve on lettuce. (Watch your guests vomit like Linda Blair.)"

Chili Frito Pie, courtesy of The Duggar Family (thems with 17(??) kids)

12 (15 oz) cans mexican style chili beans
    2 bags Fritos™
    4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    2 small containers sour cream

Cake Batter Cracker Dip <- a dip comprised of boxed cake batter, yogurt, and cool whip.

Spicy Whitecastle Dip <- dip made of pureed whitecastle burgers, among other things, to be eaten with chips. *quietly gags*

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'm going to get this started with the time I veganized Chicken Paprika. That's primal if you eat dairy- rich chicken, sour cream..... mmmmmm......

But my tragic version included drained tofu browned in canola oil, a sauce of soy milk, soy margarine and flour (plus tomato paste and paprika), lovingly plopped on pasta. I feel like I need to call the guests I served that to and apologize, except they brought an eclair cake made with graham crackers, chocolate icing from a tub, instant pudding and cool whip for dessert. That friendship did not last.
    Speaking of apologies, I think you owe one to the entire nation of Hungary.

Paleobird Guest
    I used to make this pudding out of the really soft kind of tofu mixed with melted chocolate bars and splenda. I thought I was being all heathy because I was using 72% chocolate and the whole thing was so low in fat.

It actually tasted pretty good. That was before I got breast cancer.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    *claps hands all giddy* my boyfriend doesnt understand why im fascinated with these revolting recipes, but i just love them. its so fun to see what people think of as food. here are a few more goodies from the blog i read that posts them.

UNDER THE SEA SALAD...[RECIPE OMITTED FOR LENGTH AND DECENCY'S SAKE]...Watch your guests vomit like Linda Blair.
    I suspect that last line is horribly accurate because I felt a bit queasy just reading it!

Chili Frito Pie, courtesy of The Duggar Family (thems with 17(??) kids)

12 (15 oz) cans mexican style chili beans
    2 bags Fritos™
    4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    2 small containers sour cream
    Don't know if it's the same Duggar family as the one with 19(?) kids, but if it is and they're feeding this to a family of 20+...is a gas mask included?
    Although, I do love chili, so if you made this primal by using beef and maybe some kind of crispy veggies for toppings instead of Fritos (carrot curls?), it might be good.
    Last edited by s-piper; 03-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    There was also vegan taco night at a friend's house in college. I decided I didn't want to know what was in the "meat" or "cheese."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    perfectly timed thread!!!

I just received a 'share' on my facebook from an acquaintance. Her recipe du jour: Dr. Pepper cake!!

1 box white cake mix
    1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
    3/4 cup canola oil
    10 oz dr. pepper.....

then you make a glaze using more of the Dr. pepper and some other stuff.

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
    Holy shit this sounds good, probably going to make that later without the canola oil and replaced with butter or coconut oil
    nihil

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast