Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 29

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd like to try deep-fried cheesecake.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    I went to a decent steak house in Miami and for some reason they had deep fried Oreos on the menu, which my friend wanted to order. They actually weren't bad but they tasted totally different than I was thinking. They weren't crunchy at all. I wouldn't get them again though.

@ Joanie, I've had deep fried cheesecake at a sushi place. Or maybe it was tempura cheesecake. Again, not bad definitely better than the Oreos but I'd rather have normal cheesecake.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    After one of my long bike rides into work a few years ago, I would stir a tin of tuna into some super noodles. It was quite a starchy meal, not too bad, but now of course I wouldn't touch the noodles, especially on account of the luminescent seasoning supplied with them with I think has a half life of approx 3000 years.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'd like to try deep-fried cheesecake.
    I've had that! Well, sort of... it was cheesecake wrapped in pastry then deep fried. It was DELICIOUS.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    They basically freeze it VERY hard, then bread and deep fry it. Theoretically, it should get melty and delicious but because of how deeply they freeze it... not really. Not the one I had, anyway. Unpleasant.
    Bread it? Eww.

Deep-fried Mars Bar should be thickly battered, never breaded. And not fried in the same fat as the fish! (Yes, I live in the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar.)

I've had them a couple of times, many years ago. I thought they were delicious, but very filling, and I couldn't eat a whole one. But then, I always had difficulty eating a whole Mars Bar in any case.

Now I'd probably find it disgustingly, impossibly sweet.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I won't deny, one of my favorite fair foods is a funnel cake. I never was able to finish one, now I can't even get beyond a quarter of one. But there is something about a fair that demands fried pancake batter covered in powder sugar and maybe pie filling.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I won't deny, one of my favorite fair foods is a funnel cake. I never was able to finish one, now I can't even get beyond a quarter of one. But there is something about a fair that demands fried pancake batter covered in powder sugar and maybe pie filling.
    Also corn dogs!!! ( although I actually never go to the fair they have funnel cakes at lots of events. I love them)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Deep-fried craziness is a proud State Fair tradition. I love it. But I don't see how anyone can eat a whole serving by themselves. Best shared with friends or family. Just like the fair, I suppose.

The only time I had deep-fried ice cream, it was rolled in a coconut-based coating, and served on top of caramel and chocolate threads. Amazingly delicious. I've never had it again because I fear the reality wouldn't stand up to the memory.

I heard about deep-fried PBJ in johneturner's thread, and really want to give it a try.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    and for some reason they had deep fried Oreos on the menu, which my friend wanted to order.
    What da f...ck ?! I ate Oreos during a trip to the US. Deep-frying them would have never ever crossed my mind ... what was the frying oil ?? hell, that must have tasted like shit! But Oreos don't taste particularly good to start with ...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Crusty white bread dipped in the sweetened condensed milk (boiled or just out of the can) with tea.
    Black (sourdough rye) bread with mustard with various incarnations of cabbage soups (tchi)
    grandma's yest based pies (various staffing but I assume that apples and apple pate de fruit was the worst from a Primal POV)
    grandma's lemon roll (sweetened condensed milk dough, lemons ground with copious sugar)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast