Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 28

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Considering that I never moved if I could help it, I'm not really sure why I was so confused that I got fat...
    Before I went low-carb/semi-primal, I always made allowances for lots of sugar, figuring that if I kept my calories down, I'd lose weight, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I think we sugar addicts just have a hard time getting rid of that blind spot.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    A new variety of 'tragic' for you. A friend has just been in hospital for emergency surgery - because previous, exploratory surgery perforated her intestine. Very, very nasty - narrow escape. Her health is a mess in general - bunch of things wrong including fibromyalgia, which as far as I can make out is code for, 'Those are some really nasty, crippling symptoms you have there, and we have no idea of cause or treatment.'

Anyway... after emergency bowel surgery and a week of nutrition by drip, plus intravenous antibiotic, the hospital offers her a first solid meal. Roll with butter, followed by macaroni cheese.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Anyway... after emergency bowel surgery and a week of nutrition by drip, plus intravenous antibiotic, the hospital offers her a first solid meal. Roll with butter, followed by macaroni cheese.
    The one and only time (thank goodness) I ever had to stay in the hospital because of surgery, I asked my doctor if I could just eat eggs while I was there. I told him the rest of the menu looked really nasty. Amazingly, he was cool with it. I happily chomped on my eggs three times a day while everyone else ate gray meat with mystery gravy on top.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Stjimmy12 is offline Member
    How about.. Deep fried Oreos, deep fried mars bars, deep fried ice cream etc..?

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    The one and only time (thank goodness) I ever had to stay in the hospital because of surgery, I asked my doctor if I could just eat eggs while I was there. I told him the rest of the menu looked really nasty. Amazingly, he was cool with it. I happily chomped on my eggs three times a day while everyone else ate gray meat with mystery gravy on top.
    That's smart. Why why why is hospital food so nasty? I've only eaten in a hospital once myself as an adult, for which I am grateful and damn it was gross. I think before I was allowed solids they were giving me those frozen sugar ice things then when I was allowed solid food and by then I was freaking ravenous, i got Mac n cheese which at the time I loved but it tasted like cardboard. The veg that i ordered (squash and zucchini) tasted like watery mush. I hope I never have experience hospital grub again!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjimmy12 View Post
    I went to the States for a cruise recently and there were deep fried mars bars available on one of the shore excursions.

I didn't get one. I... kind of regret that.

Oh, I have had deep fried ice cream at a Mexican restaurant once. It was just nasty. Like a breaded hockey puck. I don't care if it was just badly made, never again.

Stjimmy12 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Oh, I have had deep fried ice cream at a Mexican restaurant once. It was just nasty. Like a breaded hockey puck. I don't care if it was just badly made, never again.
    I've never really understood that one.. Is it melted?

Mitch is offline Member
    Thank god you survived Yech

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've never really understood that one.. Is it melted?
    They basically freeze it VERY hard, then bread and deep fry it. Theoretically, it should get melty and delicious but because of how deeply they freeze it... not really. Not the one I had, anyway. Unpleasant.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast