Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 27

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My MOST favorite thing to eat when I was a kid:

grilled peanut butter sandwich dipped in light Karo syrup.

My two sisters and I gobbled that crap right up!
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    re: the sherbet and sprite - it's basically like a coke float, right? my mother would give those to us if we were feeling crummy or recovering from being sick, along w/ jello. Lime sherbet & sprite - YUM to my kid-era sugar wacked palate.
    One of my first jobs out of high school was working in the salad department in the kitchen of an elegant old-fashioned resort hotel. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the cranberry juice cocktail, which had a scoop of raspberry sherbet in a small glass of cranberry juice cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    My MOST favorite thing to eat when I was a kid:

grilled peanut butter sandwich dipped in light Karo syrup.

My two sisters and I gobbled that crap right up!
    As a kid I made sandwiches like fried baloney sandwiches, and grilled bacon and cheese sandwiches. I seem to recall the bacon was not cooked crispy, so there was a whole lot of grease to be soaked up in the bread.

Later I enjoyed grilled peanut butter and cheddar sandwiches.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    MMmmmmm..... peanut butter and cheddar (drool). I'm doing a fat fast right now and just about anything like that sounds delish
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    My cousin just posted this. I don't understand why 1. All recipes for cakes on facebook used a boxed mix and 2. why people consider cool whip to be icing. Cream cheese frosting can be tasty but this version sounds gross to me:

Special Request Cake (This is called special request because people will ask you to make it for every get together)

1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
    1 pkg. (4 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate
    1/4 cup butter
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
    1/2cup sugar
    2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
    12 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
    Make It

HEAT oven to 350F.

PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.

MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.

PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Can we stage some kind of raid and rescue the butter?

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    My cousin just posted this. I don't understand why 1. All recipes for cakes on facebook used a boxed mix and 2. why people consider cool whip to be icing.
    I don't understand any of this either. I had a piece of the best chocolate mousse cake ever this summer -- seriously, if I going to die I'd make it my last meal -- and the cook put cool whip in it. It didn't quite ruin it, but it could have been a hell of a lot better. And I certainly don't get box mixes -- is it that hard to mix together a few ingredients? I suppose Americans are just lazy nowadays.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    I was watching Rachel Ray and she had Emeril as a guest and he was making a pot roast. Everything looked good until he dumped a coke in the pot because it tenderizes. What!? You ruined a beautiful cut of meat for that?! Just let it cook a little longer!

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think the Coke is a Southern thing. I've seen other Southern recipes with it in it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoBreeder View Post
    I was just looking for recipes for overgrown zucchini
    It's called a marrow, and you scoop out the seeds, stuff it with beef mince and onions, etc., and bake it for maybe an hour. For example http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/stuffed_marrow_43279 though I wouldn't bother pre-boiling the marrow (it's watery enough as it is).

Apologies for non-tragic recipe!
    Last edited by orielwen; 09-12-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A few childhood recipes:

-"Pudding": Fat free yogurt, larges quantities of splenda, chocolate protein powder all mixed together. But I was lazy, so there were always clumps
    -"Smoothies": Several bannanas, a couple cups of mixed fruit, and a cup-ish of yogurt with a lot of splenda. One serving, as a drink with my meals -- also the only way I would eat fruit.
    -"Honey Pennies": The only way I would eat carrots. Basically sliced carrots cooked in an insane amount of honey.
    -"Brown butter": Take 1 stick of butter, softened, and using an electric mixer beat in brown sugar to taste. It was usually about a cup for me. That only made one serving.

Considering that I never moved if I could help it, I'm not really sure why I was so confused that I got fat...

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast