Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 26

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyH View Post
    Headcheese ftw xxxx
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

I was just looking for recipes for overgrown zucchini, and this is what the Internet had to offer:
    "Google "zucchini candy"-great for kids. Boil cubes in sugar syrup with koolaid-dry in dehydrator. Kids love em-reminiscent if gummy bears-and have no clue it used to be a vegetable."

Breastfeeding, natural-birthing, paleo/primal, dirty hippy mama who learned the hard way!

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    I hope the ghosts of the zucchini torment these people in their dreams.

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoBreeder View Post
    I was just looking for recipes for overgrown zucchini, and this is what the Internet had to offer:
    "Google "zucchini candy"-great for kids. Boil cubes in sugar syrup with koolaid-dry in dehydrator. Kids love em-reminiscent if gummy bears-and have no clue it used to be a vegetable."

Breastfeeding, natural-birthing, paleo/primal, dirty hippy mama who learned the hard way!
    That is gross beyond words. I wish I could say I was shocked. Why do we think our children are so weak minded that the only way they will eat something is if it is candy? Well, we're the ones who train them up, I suppose.

I have found a great way to use up baseball bat sized zucchini, which are, otherwise, basically useless. I take a julienne peeler and make those zucchini noodles. Great with meat sauce, or similar. I just tossed them with some olive oil or butter, sauteed them quickly, just to get the raw flavor out. They are good raw too, I just don't like them with sauce that way. I'm sure you've all see this somewhere else. I think it's great, for when it rains and they explode over night, or they are hiding under a leaf until they are huge. I hate tossing them out.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Here is one that a friend on FB just put up on her page: the parentheses stuff is my comments...

Dreamsicle Orange Punch

1 Quart Orange Sherbet (frozen chemicals with sugar)
    1 Quart Vanilla Ice Cream (more frozen chemicals with sugar)
    1 Liter Of Sprite or 7-Up. (unfrozen chemicals with sugar)
    1 Can Of Cream Soda. (unfrozen chemicals with different flavoring with sugar)

Pour 1 Liter Sprite or 7-Up Into A Large Punch Bowl. Scoop Softened Sherbet and Vanilla Ice Cream Into The Bowl. Add 1 Can Of Cream Soda And Stir.

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Here is one that a friend on FB just put up on her page: the parentheses stuff is my comments...

Dreamsicle Orange Punch

Pour 1 Liter Sprite or 7-Up Into A Large Punch Bowl. Scoop Softened Sherbet and Vanilla Ice Cream Into The Bowl. Add 1 Can Of Cream Soda And Stir.

Add a couple of liters of vodka to that and at least you'd get a buzz.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member

Dreamsicle Orange Punch

Sherbet plus sprite or ginger ale is pretty much the basis of most punch I've ever had. It's tasty.

Ok I know it's not primal but I do make pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe I got off Facebook a couple times a year.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    Oh, here's something I used to eat a lot when I was a kid. Put a couple of spoonfulls of peanut butter in a bowl, add cheerios, drown it all in honey, then stir and eat with a spoon. Yeah, it's awful, healthwise, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't still sound good to me--I still eat peanut butter (no more than a single serving), and sometimes with a *little* honey, but I wouldn't touch cheerios now.
    When I was a kid, my mom would occasionally make biscuits and peanut butter syrup to go with it. Peanut butter syrup was just what it sounds like: half smooth peanut butter, half cheap "maple" syrup, scooped up with canned biscuits. I loved it. I'd hate it now (too sweet) but damned if I wouldn't try it again anyways given a chance.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Oh damn, that sounds good! XD
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    re: the sherbet and sprite - it's basically like a coke float, right? my mother would give those to us if we were feeling crummy or recovering from being sick, along w/ jello. Lime sherbet & sprite - YUM to my kid-era sugar wacked palate.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast