Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 21

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've had two kids, and my second was very unwell as a baby so I know what its like to be pushed for time and energy to cook, from time to time I might have fed my kids similar type easy meals but I'd never boast about it, nor put photo's on a blog and encourage others to eat food like that.
    The point of this thread is to poke fun at those recipes. You know, the Sandra Lee's of the world. The funny thing is that eating processed foods kill your tastebuds, so canned biscuits with a cup and a half of sugar enhanced with 2 boxes of pudding mix actually tastes great to a lot of people. All of us here know it is fucked up, but it's kind of ummm... like a freak show.

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    Found this gem on my Facebook feed. The author stresses how "light" it is (because you're using Cool Whip, none of that unhealthy real cream nonsense) like 3 times. Meanwhile, just looking at it is giving my eyeballs diabetes.

"This is for YOU, the chocolate lover out there who is looking for a chocolate-y treat that is actually quite light! Chocolate Lasagna is a dessert you donít want to miss!

When Ryan told me that this fabulous Chocolate Lasagna ranks up there on his list of favorite desserts of all time, I knew I had to share it with you. Just looking at the layers upon layers of goodness, you can tell itís going to be worth salivating over!

You will begin with the crust which consists of crushed Oreos mixed with a little butter. You will want to use regular Oreos versus the Double Stuff variety and youíll need all 36 cookies that come in a typical package of Oreos (minus the 1 or 2 or 3 that you are obligated to sample before crushing themÖ).

Attachment 11329

After pressing the cookie/butter mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, youíll get working on the layers! What I love about this recipe is that the layers are actually quite light. Maybe not in calories, but this dessert will NOT sit in your stomach like a brick like some desserts!

The first layer is a white layer which consists of cream cheese that youíve whipped until fluffy, sugar, a little milk, and some Cool Whip. Not whipped cream, Cool Whip! Once thatís spread over the chocolate-y Oreo crust, youíll prep the chocolate layer!

Attachment 11330

The chocolate layer is simply chocolate pudding. Seriously, how easy is that? You will need two boxes of chocolate instant pudding. Make sure itís instant pudding guys, and not the cook and serve variety. I didnít realize that I had bought the cook and serve kind, so I sat there whisking and whiskingÖ. and whisking the mixture waiting for it to thicken up and it never did. Then I realized what I had done and had to make an emergency trip to the grocery store to buy instant pudding!

At any rate, once the pudding has thickened up a bit, youíll spread it over the white layer. Yum yum. At this point, let it rest for about five minutes before continuing on to the next step.

Attachment 11331

The very last layer is simply a little more Cool Whip that youíll spread over the top. Because this is Chocolate Lasagna, I figured Iíd throw in just a bit more chocolate to complete the experience of Chocolate Lasagna, so I sprinkled a bunch of mini chocolate chips on top. It was the perfect addition!

If youíre familiar with the Chocolate Lasagna that Olive Garden serves (served? I hear they no longer sell it), this is nothing like it. Their layers were more cake-like while this Chocolate Lasagna is just light and fluffy layers of pudding, and Cool Whip with a little cream cheese mixed in.

We really loved this Chocolate Lasagna. Each layer complimented the next just perfectly! And, it makes a big 9 x 13 inch pan so that you will have plenty for sharing. Oh, and did I mention that itís a no-bake treat? I love it when I come across a fantastic treat that requires no oven! Enjoy!"
    I love the fact that they are so clueless about cooking they could not even bother to throw the non-instant pudding on the stove and cook it. Instead they wasted it and bought the instant. ARGHHH!

Z0oom is offline Member
    I was offered a homemade "twix bar" at work. I put on a huge smile, said thanks, and promptly threw it in the nearest garbage receptacle.

I have never felt so proud.

annierobic is offline Member

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I love the fact that they are so clueless about cooking they could not even bother to throw the non-instant pudding on the stove and cook it. Instead they wasted it and bought the instant. ARGHHH!
    I thought the same thing! "I'm gonna take 20 minutes to drive to the store, spend more money, and start this whole thing over because using the stovetop pudding is JUST TOO MUCH WORK."

This is from the same source.

"Ice Cream Bread! Anyone heard of this? Use any flavor of Ice Cream..just make sure it's not non-fat or low-fat.

2 cups Ice Cream
    1-Ĺ cup Self-Rising Flour

Stir together ice cream and flour, stirring just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8◊4 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack."

428739_10151445480368507_1421833170_n.jpg

FAT FREE ICE CREAM BREAD. Need I say more?

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Well they said DON'T use non fat or low fat. :P Still it sounds gross either way, why not just eat the ice cream over warm pie or cake if you want ice cream warm? *ponders

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annierobic View Post
    oh my. that actually looks good to me, but w/ twang instead of jello mix.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    oh my. that actually looks good to me, but w/ twang instead of jello mix.
    At first I thought it was grapes covered in *actual* watermelon jello, and was like, Oh that sounds kinda fun! But then I realized it was just the mix. Which reminded me of pixie sticks and then I wasn't interested anymore ;p
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Well they said DON'T use non fat or low fat. :P Still it sounds gross either way, why not just eat the ice cream over warm pie or cake if you want ice cream warm? *ponders
    HA! I missed the NOT in that sentence. That makes it slightly less offensive.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Not sure if this counts as a recipe, but I came accross this gem today:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...97533452_n.png
    i think b/c of these pics, i had a dream that i created a drink called a Do-Rita; rita w/ glass rimmed w/ crushed doritos. LOL!

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast