Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 17

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    The chocolate layer is simply chocolate pudding. Seriously, how easy is that? You will need two boxes of chocolate instant pudding. Make sure it’s instant pudding guys, and not the cook and serve variety. I didn’t realize that I had bought the cook and serve kind, so I sat there whisking and whisking…. and whisking the mixture waiting for it to thicken up and it never did. Then I realized what I had done and had to make an emergency trip to the grocery store to buy instant pudding!
    Hello?

My pet peeve: people who refuse to read the instructions, then complain about the product. Clearly reading the instructions would have given them a clue before opening the packet.

My late ex-mother-in-law served "pistachio pudding" one day that was lumpy and stringy. I asked what the instructions said to do. She said, "stir like crazy". I looked at the box. "Add milk and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 15 minutes." Not too close.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe not in calories, but this dessert will NOT sit in your stomach like a brick like some desserts!
    Awesome, you can eat half the pan before you realize you just ate 14,567 calories. But it's low in fat. And you have NO IDEA why you can't lose weight because all you eat is salad with fat free dressing and diet coke.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Yeah. It doesn't count.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    When I hear something described as "good, hard, hot", toast is certainly NOT what comes to mind.

Second, for the fool making the chocolate lasagna recipe...They actually went back to the store for instant pudding? Just dump the already mixed stuff in a pot and cook the damned pudding! Geez!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    This thread makes me sad. I live in a bubble of real food, I think I don't want to know what weird non food people eat.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    In college, I took a course entitled "Interpersonal Communication." We learned about effective ways of interacting with others and building relationships, stuff like interview skills, problem solving, etc. A portion of the class involved putting our knowledge to use, and part of that involved a weekly "bring food to class" activity, where one or two students would bring some dish they loved. There were some interesting things brought in, some things quite impressive (some guy made a huge rice casserole dish with eggs and sausage) but one thing particularly stuck out to me:

Someone brought in, literally, several Ziplock bags full of something they deemed "Chex Crack." It was basically Chex cereal, rolled around in some peanut butter (guessing they microwaved it to get it all liquidy) and then coated in powdered sugar. Corn+Peanuts+Sugar, ingredients not terribly scary on their own, but when first processed into cereal/paste/powder, then combined... WTF. It was seriously like crack though, that shit was devoured by people within 2 minutes.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    Yesterday I came across "Dorito Cheddar Chicken".

But it doesn't use Doritos at all, just a combination of a packet of dry macaroni and cheese mix and a packet of taco seasoning! Because using real Doritos is UNHEALTHY, silly!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post

Someone brought in, literally, several Ziplock bags full of something they deemed "Chex Crack." It was basically Chex cereal, rolled around in some peanut butter (guessing they microwaved it to get it all liquidy) and then coated in powdered sugar. Corn+Peanuts+Sugar, ingredients not terribly scary on their own, but when first processed into cereal/paste/powder, then combined... WTF. It was seriously like crack though, that shit was devoured by people within 2 minutes.
    Sounds like what I always heard referred to as "Puppy Chow" (because that's what it looks like) except Puppy Chow is peanut butter and chocolate flavor rolled in the confectioners sugar.

I hate peanut butter so I was never tempted by this stuff. Bleh!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I dont know if anyone has posted this because there are a lot of posts but I saw a recipe for "edamole" the other day. Its edamame ground and spiced to replace guacamole. And here I thought avocados were considered a "good" fat by CW.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    I dont know if anyone has posted this because there are a lot of posts but I saw a recipe for "edamole" the other day. Its edamame ground and spiced to replace guacamole. And here I thought avocados were considered a "good" fat by CW.
    Avocados may be a "good" fat, but soybeans have magical properties.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast