Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 15

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    Oh my...and that is considered a "food"?? And worse yet... HEALTHIER than whipped cream? *cry*
    And even worse, a lot of people out there can't tell the difference between this and real whipped cream.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Oh no. It wouldn't be the same without Cool Whip.
    Say 'Cool Whip'.

Last edited by magicmerl; 04-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Merl!
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    shit balls! Not 5 minutes after watching that video and hubby walks into the room talking to the cat. I said, "if that cat could talk he would sound like Stewie" and hubby replies "Cool WHIP"
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    And even worse, a lot of people out there can't tell the difference between this and real whipped cream.
    I am truly amazed that people can't taste the difference. Cool whip leaves an oil slick in my mouth. Yuk.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I used to work for a company where the cafeteria catered little parties throughout the plant. They always served this cake with a clearly artificial frosting, or so I thought. I would cut the frosting off the cake and eat the plain cake. Then one of the upscale women told me how she loved the frosting because they put whipped cream in it. No, they don't.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    As if Krispy Kreme donuts were not a dietary monstrosity in itself, then to mix it with condensed milk and canned fruit? Egads, that makes my teeth cringe!

Plus, you know the person who had to pick up the 2 dozen donuts to make the recipe actually picked up 3 dozen, and ate the additional dozen on the way home in the car/while prepping this 'recipe'

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think the worst thing about that "bread pudding" is that bread puddings don't have to be terrible. I know as primal/paleos we don't eat bread, but I used to play around with both savory and sweet bread puddings, and it is possible to use decent bread, eggs and cream for the custard, etc.

IOW, they've managed to take a perfectly decent peasant food and turn it into pure Krispy Kreme Krap.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i love this thread!!!

when i was like 7 yrs old (back in the 70's) my friend's mom would let us "cook" as long as we cleaned it up.

we made box cakes with a ton of food coloring in it (b/c it's neat to watch a blue cake "green" instead of brown in the oven), then we would frost it with crisco mixed with sugar and food coloring. WHEEEEEE!!

sometimes we would make frozen "margaritas" - koolaid + ice + sprite in the blender to make the frozen stuff, rim the glass with more dry koolaid, pour & serve! i remember pigging out on those mini sugared cake donuts with that.

we also were good at fried cheese sandwiches, sometimes with baloney. Probably always with margarine b/c honestly i didn't know that butter and margarine were different. But i did like that commercial about not fooling mother nature.

when i was a kid i would eat that betty crocker prepared frosting right out of the can. BLECH!!!! I remember once actually eating a slice of margarine right out of the fridge. Lord.

oh but i realize now that none of those were really recipes. Sorry! someone post some more atrocities, please!

awhile back someone posted a video of some really fat young lady making macaroni salad that had like 2 cups of sugar in it - that would fit right in here!
    Last edited by Catherine; 04-15-2013 at 10:52 AM.

abbyful is offline Member
    One of my coworkers made that Krispy Kreme bread pudding and brought it to work.

I usually like bread pudding, so I got some, not knowing what was in it yet. I dumped it in the trash when I got back to my desk, it was horrible!

Yet the office was buzzing with "Did you try that bread pudding? I need the recipe! She said it had Krispy Kreme donuts, how clever!"

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast