Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 14

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    People go to dinner parties, have "potluck" dinners, church get-togethers, birthdays, holidays, brunches -- and when these people make food, they want people to be impressed with how delicious the food is, not how HEALTHY it is. I know it's an accomplishment to bring some sort of food to a party and go home with an empty pan.
    I always bring a huge container of home made meatballs and always go home with an empty dish. I've found the best way to ensure that you will have something Primal to eat at a get together like that is to bring it yourself.

That Captain Crunch goop above makes my teeth hurt just reading it.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I've found the best way to ensure that you will have something Primal to eat at a get together like that is to bring it yourself.
    Yes, and hope that you've made enough so that everyone else doesn't polish it off first.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I used to go to pot luck dinners where most people brought something that would serve two as a side if they weren't hungry. I would bring a big pot of fried rice so there would be enough food to go around. It always got eaten.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I used to attend a vegetarian potluck and some people brought crap. Stuff like a bag of Thomas's whole wheat bagels, carry out pizza, box of crackers. It was so hit or miss. I always brought 2 or 3 home made items-desserts, potato salad. But more than half of the food was usually just a package of something off a shelf.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    You'd be surprised... People go to dinner parties, have "potluck" dinners, church get-togethers, birthdays, holidays, brunches -- and when these people make food, they want people to be impressed with how delicious the food is, not how HEALTHY it is. I know it's an accomplishment to bring some sort of food to a party and go home with an empty pan. Things can get pretty competitive in those terms. I've seen plenty of horrendous looking foods at family reunions, and my family isn't even all that unhealthy! I can't imagine what kind of foods families who regularly indulge in fast food and frankenfoods would bring to the table. Well, actually, I can, because it's all listed on this thread! haha.
    Yeah, but so far the only recipes listed here that struck me as sounding really good was the Divinity one because I've had Divinity before and know it tastes good, and somewhat the Sex in a Pan. That one sounded like it had good potential, but as it was originally I imagined it'd taste like most baked goods I've had from home cooks (besides my spice loving mother)...boring due to having little falvor other than that of sugar.

Granted there are certain things Primal/Paleo people eat that might not go over well like organ meats, kelp noodles, kale chips.
    However, there's plenty more to choose from that any person would love even if their the world's biggest carb addict, processed food loving, CW eater.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    What I wanna know is... what is Cool Whip? I have seen it in a lot of American recipes, and just don't know what it is... I'm guessing it's some sort of fake whipped cream monstrosity??? (Which makes me wonder why people don't just USE whipped cream).

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Coolwhip is a whipped topping. It replicates whip cream, but without the fat. They have fat free and sugar free versions.

This is the "healthy version"
    WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL* (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN TWO PERCENT OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYSORBATE 65, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK. *ADDS A NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNT OF FAT.

Thisisthe fullfat one:
    WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, LIGHT CREAM, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.

Oddly, Livestrong has 2 Tbl of cool whip at 45 calories, and 2 Tbl of real whip cream at 35 calories.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I used to use cool whip as a shaving cream(remarkably similar in texture) and it burned my face, so you can only imagine what it does inside
    nihil

abbyful is offline Member
    I shake my head at most people's Pinterest recipe boards....

Here's what the recipe boards of most people I know on Pinterest look like:

Pinterest_NotMy1.jpg
    Pinterest_NotMy2.jpg

Here's mine:

Pinterest_My.jpg
    Last edited by abbyful; 04-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Coolwhip is a whipped topping. It replicates whip cream, but without the fat. They have fat free and sugar free versions.

This is the "healthy version"
    WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL* (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN TWO PERCENT OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYSORBATE 65, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK. *ADDS A NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNT OF FAT.

Thisisthe fullfat one:
    WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, LIGHT CREAM, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.

Oddly, Livestrong has 2 Tbl of cool whip at 45 calories, and 2 Tbl of real whip cream at 35 calories.
    Oh my...and that is considered a "food"?? And worse yet... HEALTHIER than whipped cream? *cry*

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast