Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 12

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I won't give up SEX IN A PAN and you can't make me. I think the name alone should earn it a pass.
    Holy christ! If you're going to make that, PLEASE use real butter and whipped cream!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    You could totally make that Cherry coke salad even worse or better according to your take on things.
    You could use sugar free fruits, jello and diet coke and fat free cool whip.
    I wonder though, what exactly would you be eating then? Would that be "food"?
    Yet another example of things that should never have been called "salad" in the first place.
    If you did it with real gelatin, real fruit and real whipped cream (and gave the diet coke to Gorbag) then it would be food.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Holy christ! If you're going to make that, PLEASE use real butter and whipped cream!
    Oh no. It wouldn't be the same without Cool Whip.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My Paca makes that "sex in a pan", except with a homemade pie crust (Crisco to the rescue) and sugarfree/ fat free everything. He calls it chocolate pie. I'm determined to make it in what had to have been the original way one of these days: butter in the crust, real homemade pudding/ ganache instead of instant, and real whipped cream. Just out of curiosity to see what has been abominized.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My Paca makes that "sex in a pan", except with a homemade pie crust (Crisco to the rescue) and sugarfree/ fat free everything. He calls it chocolate pie. I'm determined to make it in what had to have been the original way one of these days: butter in the crust, real homemade pudding/ ganache instead of instant, and real whipped cream. Just out of curiosity to see what has been abominized.
    Can I come over to your house? I would totally eat it, even though I really shouldn't... Baked goods are my downfall.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    I was totally planning out how I'd make that Sex in a Pan recipe with homemade vanilla and chocolate custard, maybe with a hint of chili powder in the chocolate to enhance the flavor (It's supposed to be sex right? Why not spice things up!), an almond flour crust with honey, and real whipped cream.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    I was going to start making fun of disco fries,* but honestly I would still eat them if they were healthy.

*French fries with melted cheese and gravy.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    I was going to start making fun of disco fries,* but honestly I would still eat them if they were healthy.

*French fries with melted cheese and gravy.
    Ah, poutine!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    I was totally planning out how I'd make that Sex in a Pan recipe with homemade vanilla and chocolate custard, maybe with a hint of chili powder in the chocolate to enhance the flavor (It's supposed to be sex right? Why not spice things up!), an almond flour crust with honey, and real whipped cream.
    Pecan crust, chili cinnamon chocolate custard, eclair custard, and whipped cream is my plan. I may do that this weekend.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Pecan crust, chili cinnamon chocolate custard, eclair custard, and whipped cream is my plan. I may do that this weekend.
    Sounds perfect. Way better than Jello pudding and CoolWhip. I'll have to make this for my next group meeting.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast