Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 11

momrn is offline Member
    From a local free paper:

Cherry Coke Salad(?)

16oz Bing cherries
    1 large can crushed pineapple
    6oz cherry Jello
    12 oz Coca Cola

Drain juice and add water to make. 2 cups. Dissolve gelatin. Add Coke and fruit. Chill until set. Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip.

YUM! YUM!

momrn is offline Member
    You could totally make that Cherry coke salad even worse or better according to your take on things.

You could use sugar free fruits, jello and diet coke and fat free cool whip.

I wonder though, what exactly would you be eating then? Would that be "food"?

snoops is online now Senior Member
    Can't imagine how the cherry coke salad sets with pineapple in it. Enzymes in the pineapple work on the gelatin and it won't set.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    A hypnotist can help you get over an irrational fear or phobia of mayonnaise.
    Maybe but I can't justify spending the money on that. It's mayonnaise. It's easy enough to avoid.
    I don't like the taste either so I don't keep it in my house because it'd just go bad because I only ever use it in the odd dish where it's a minor ingredient, but I've prepared food for other people with it. At a picnic when I'm with people who like mayonnaise on sandwiches, etc.

Okay, hypothetically, if I were starving to death and had to eat mayonnaise by the spoonful to live...well then I'd start thinking that it's time I conquered my fear, but until then I'm not going to worry about 'fixing' it

Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    Can't imagine how the cherry coke salad sets with pineapple in it. Enzymes in the pineapple work on the gelatin and it won't set.
    Jello salad 101.

Canned pineapple that's been carefully rinsed and dried will set when added to gelatin.

momrn is offline Member
    It's only fresh pineapple that won't work. Canned is heated and whatever enzymes cause the breakdown is deactivated.

Sorta science, kids!

Still don't want to eat it.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I won't give up SEX IN A PAN and you can't make me. I think the name alone should earn it a pass.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You could totally make that Cherry coke salad even worse or better according to your take on things.

You could use sugar free fruits, jello and diet coke and fat free cool whip.

I wonder though, what exactly would you be eating then? Would that be "food"?
    Send that recipe to the Hungry Girl!!!!!111!!!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I won't give up SEX IN A PAN and you can't make me. I think the name alone should earn it a pass.
    It is pretty tragic, though.
    I bet you could vamp it up with some better quality ingredients and it'd even be tastier.
    If you're going to cheat, cheat right!

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Send that recipe to the Hungry Girl!!!!!111!!!
    Please say you DIDN'T give me credit!!!

Would love to hear any comments. I've seen that show only a couple of times. That sh*t sounded so nasty! Just fake freaking everything. How is she alive eating that crap?

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast