Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic CW and SAD Recipes page 10

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Not just sugar overload, but fat overload, most of it trans.
    This is true too, not to mention all the delicious chemical additives. YUM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Well, darn. Now I'm thinking about the last time I made French buttercream, and how good it would taste if mixed with melted and cooled 90% chocolate.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    Somebody posted a recipe on facebook the other day that was for "2-ingredient strawberry fudge," aka an entire can of artificially flavored strawberry frosting mixed with a big bag of melted white chocolate chips. Talk about sugar overload. Makes me want to gag just thinking about it.
    It actually makes me glad that people think recipes like this pass for fudge. It means that when I make my grandmother's fudge recipe (which is not paleo, although i halve the added sugar and chose the darkest chocolate I can find) people are even more amazed and overwhelmed with how awesome it is.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Umm.... this is low in sugar with 10 butterfingers, cake. cool whip? Is it also low in fat?

Butterfinger Dessert -Weight Watchers =easy and low in sugar

1 (10") prepared angel food cake, cut into 1' cubes
    1 ( 1 oz.) package of sugar free, fat free butterscotch pudding mix
    1 1/2 cups skim milk
    2 ( 8 oz. ) containers of cool whip FREE, thawed
    10 fun-sized butterfingers candy bars, crushed ( I used mini food processor)

1. Spray 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray. Arrange half the angel food cake cubes in bottom of pan.

2. In large bowl, combine the pudding mix with skim milk. Whisk until starting to thicken. Fold in both containers of cool whip FREE.

3. Pour half the "fluff" mixture over the cubed angel food cake in pan. Top with half the crushed butterfinger candies. Repeat with rest of cake, fluff and candy. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, or overnight. Enjoy!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I meant to share this conversation I had the other day with a woman aged around 30 that was sitting next to me on a park bench. We were both having our lunch out of tupperware boxes. Mine consisted of a half roast chicken, an avocado and a tub of whipped cream with nuts, bottle of water. Hers was white bread sandwiches, a packet of crisps (potato chips in US English), a low fat yoghurt, a cupcake and a can of 7-Up

Anyway, I was ripping the flesh off the chicken and dunking it into a little pot of homemade mayo and it was delicious! This young woman looked at me and virtually gasped at the sight of me with mayo all round my face and chomping on an avocado like it was an apple! haha

So she pipes up and says:

"Excuse me, but how can you eat so much fat? Aren't you worried?"

Now, I didn't mention the box full of CW crap she was eating (typical podgy English girl, clearly been living on CW crap all her life) and so I just said:

"Well, it tastes good and does me good! I feel great eating this stuff"

and carried on eating until she says:

"But, don't you worry about what that will do to you when you get older?"

To which I replied:

"How old do you think I am then?"

She takes a closer look (I had wiped the mayo off my chops by this time) and says:

"Dunno. Thirty? Thirty-two?"

Which was quite pleasing because I had the pleasure of saying:

"I just turned 49 sweetheart"

And she exclaimed:

"No way!!"

Had to show her my driving licence to prove it. And I gave her the link to this forum.
    Last edited by Katsuhiko the Rolfer; 04-09-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Now THAT is a great story!!

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post

Anyway, I was ripping the flesh off the chicken and dunking it into a little pot of homemade mayo and it was delicious! This young woman looked at me and virtually gasped at the sight of me with mayo all round my face and chomping on an avocado like it was an apple! haha
    Excellent story, although I can kind of sympathize with the mayo thing. Not because "OMG fat!!!!!111!" but because I have an extreme aversion to mayonnaise. I don't know why, but imagining it smeared on someone's mouth makes my skin crawl.
    It's an irrational fear though, and even if I saw it happening I wouldn't say anything to the person. They aren't responsible for my phobia...I'd just look away.

A hypnotist can help you get over an irrational fear or phobia of mayonnaise.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    For me it's not a fear. I just hate the taste and texture. Yes, even the homemade stuff. Yes, even baconnaise. It's just foul tasting to me. I probably wouldn't think twice about seeing on the side of someone's face, though (although I would probably make the universal "You have something on your face" gesture.) To each their own.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I used to hate mayonnaise when I was a kid. After I started making it myself I started liking it.

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast