Thread: Anti-Inflamitory foods post workout page

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member

Anti-Inflamitory foods post workout

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I read Mark's post about good inflammation and how it's different from chronic (bad) inflammation. Basically, the temporary (two or three day) inflammation that accompanies workouts are good because this helps the muscles recover and be better next time.

However, does this mean that anti-inflammatory foods (which comprise a significant portion of the Primal Blueprint's recommendations) would be a bad idea after working out?

As late I am trying to improve my physical strength via push ups (it seems to be having an effect in composition, as people have commented, but I swear I'm not doing BETTER), and I currently bike 4.5 miles to work every day (I try to give it my all, hoping to get better). Even before trying to shoot for Primal I started looking into anti-inflammatory foods (it has helped with the side effects of my handicap), and I'm now starting to wonder if a salad for lunch may inadvertently be holding back progress.

I also drink a lot of tea, which it claimed to be anti-inflammatory.

M.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    You're overthinking it.

Just eat good food and move on with life.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    My understanding is that anti-inflammatory foods reduce chronic inflammation, but have no effect on acute inflammation.

Just eat whole foods, move a lot, and be happy. That should do it
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just spice whatever you eat with turmeric and call the whole meal anti-inflammatory. Eat meat.