Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cups of tea for the British. page

Britify is offline Junior Member

Smile Cups of tea for the British.

Primal Fuel
    Hello all, I only started this today and have been reading the book where we are told only to drink some kind of wild milk or something, anyway I normally drink store bought semi skimmed milk and have about 3 to 4 cups of tea per day. The first 2 when I arise and they are non negotiable. Please help a Brit out as you know we love our tea, how do I overcome this problem?

Thank you.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    just buy pasteurized milk (not homogenized milk). it is freely available in UK supermarkets. Beware some of the organic milks that are still homogenized.

Dairy doesn't like me so I do not drink milk at all so I have black coffee or black/green teas.

the Twinings variety of Tea (Lady Grey, Early Grey etc..) is excellent for me. Clipper also seems to be a decent brand as well. Beware some of the cheaper teas. In Tetleys Green tea with lemon came the label "May contain wheat" !!
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    We used to use double cream in our tea and coffee but last week we made the mistake of buying extra thick double cream. Best mistake we've ever made - amazing stuff! Tastes lovely in tea.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Britify View Post
    Hello all, I only started this today and have been reading the book where we are told only to drink some kind of wild milk or something, anyway I normally drink store bought semi skimmed milk and have about 3 to 4 cups of tea per day. The first 2 when I arise and they are non negotiable. Please help a Brit out as you know we love our tea, how do I overcome this problem?

Thank you.
    Wild milk? What book are you reading? Can I borrow it?

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I always drink my tea black (coffee as well), but you can buy unhomogenised milk in most UK supermarkets, and I'd just use that, if I were you. As long as you're not having problems with dairy, the amount of milk in a few cups of tea a day shouldn't make that much of a difference. Just don't go using UHT!!

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Im guessing you mean Raw Milk? That means it hasent been Pasteurized & Homogenized etc.
    As in fresh from the cow.. If your in England then you can buy it if you can find a supplier/farmer that sells it. If your in Scotland its illegal to sell here
    If you cant source raw then next best is Un-Homonigized milk. Sainsburys has there own brand from Jersey cows that's quite yummy.
    You can also use cream or double cream and ive heard of some people using coconut cream.
    Then there's butter which is what I sometimes use if im having a chai tea (needs to be blended in) YUM!
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Oh, really, unless you're severely lactose intolerant, a little spot of milk in your tea is hardly going to hurt.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

caro_h is offline Junior Member
    A cup of builder's first thing (Yorkshire Tea for hard water and a tiny splash if semi skimmed) is the one thjng I'll never give up

I don't think there is really an issue with the odd cup of tea and milk. Having said that, I do now drink herbal all day after my first cup of 'proper' tea. Am loving Teapigs brand (liquorice and mint) or Aztec Spice tea.

If I have coffee (rarely) it's with double cream and maybe even a dollop of coconut oil. But can't give up that first cuppa!

fifer is offline Senior Member
    I drink cups and cups of tea all day! I stopped adding milk when I was a student and it was too much hassle to keep fresh milk in. I went towards lighter styles like darjeeling, earl grey, chinese teas etc. which are nicer without milk anyway.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I never put anything in my tea. Servers always sound overjoyed when I tell them no lemon, sugar, cream, stirrers, etc. Just a dish to drop the used teabag in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast