Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to MDA -Product Kits- Platinum package a good choice?? page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    No idea why you quoted the Key Tones guy, calling me a fool is pretty comical coming from you. Can you please explain your post and bolds and why you quoted someone who isnt even involved in this thread.
    Last edited by Zach; 03-26-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    No that is not correct. I quoted your post. You quoted the other guy.

Zach is offline Banned
    Where?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Mark was asked, at the Ancestral Health Conference, 2012, if he thought that everyone needed or should take supplements and he answered NO, that people in good health shouldn't need supplements. But that also means thay your diet must include everything that your body needs. There are definitely 3 things you cannot reasonable get from foods today, Magnesium, K2 and enough Vit. D3, these must be supplemented.
    As much as it pains me to say it, on this one I gotta disagree with crypto and agree with Zach.

Magnesium is easily available in seafood, nets, leafy greens, and K2 you can get in cheese, meats, eggs. As far as the D goes, unless you live in Siberia, there is a free vitamin D treatment awaiting you right outside. Take off your shirt and soak in some rays.

To the newbie OP, welcome. Zach has POed some folks around here, myself included with some of his views on diet but, he and I are both on the same side of this. I agree with what Mark said actually. Healthy people eating a healthy diet don't need supplements. If you have a particular medical condition or deficiency that requires targeted supplementation to get bacjk to normal, that is where supplements have their place.

I adore Mark and I appreciate the fact that he is very up front about the fact that selling supplements is what pays for the gorgeous house in Malibu but also can come right out and say that at the AHS. That's integrity.

Kool is offline Senior Member
    or you could give the money to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    My advice is not to bother with any of Mark's supplements. They aren't any better than other brands, yet you are paying a lot more. Supplements are arguably completely unnecessary as well.

If most people here aren't buying Marks supplements, then who the hell is?

There is a whole other world over at the blog. It seems that many if not most don't post on this forum, yet one can gain some real insight over there. Perhaps they are buying it? Word of mouth amongst those paleo/primal if his products have a good reputation? It is a big world out there beyond this particular forum folks. Mark's products will, like anything else, stand or fall on their own merits. Spam e-mails? Phone calls in the middle of the night pushing his products? Not that I know of.

Paleo protein powder
    The commenter, Amy Kubal, was discussing how supplements are unnecessary except under special circumstances. Seems to be a concept that Mark Sisson holds to. Great minds think alike. Check it out and the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    ... I appreciate the fact that he is very up front about the fact that selling supplements is what pays for the gorgeous house in Malibu but also can come right out and say that at the AHS. That's integrity.
    Disagreeing about his products is one thing, and character assassination quite another.

iambustanut is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this! As a new user its nice to hear from people that have been here awhile. I feel much more informed on what I need/don't need, until' next time!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast