Thread: Vibram Bikilas for $34.99 on sport.woot! page

jennf is offline Senior Member

Vibram Bikilas for $34.99 on sport.woot!

Primal Fuel
    Sport.woot! has bikilas up today for $34.99. Wish I could buy them but I have oddly shaped toes that don't fit in 5-fingers :P

Vibram FiveFingers Bikila Shoes

johnmjoy is offline Member
    Grr. They don't have my size.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Plus $5 shipping, but still a great deal. I can't even afford them at this price right now and I'm not confident on my size anyway. So disappointing!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    check out 6pm.com too...i grabbed a new pair of bikilas the other day for $34, and no shipping charge.

The Primal Minister is offline Junior Member
    Just pulled off a pair of KSO's here in suburban Washington DC for $29. Anyone in this area, hit up Hudson Trail Outfitters in Fairfax or Rockville. They have a wide selection of VFF Classic and Sprints. Some Bikilas and KSO's.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    I am thinking of getting some; are they ok for hiking? Like 3-4 hours up a mountain? My biggest issue is I need a lot of forefoot padding to be comfortable, and so I've been hesitant about these for that reason (no issues with my heels). I have wide, flat feet. Also I live in New Mexico and the desert here has industrial-grade cactus thorns and goat heads, how well do they resist puncture?
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I am thinking of getting some; are they ok for hiking? Like 3-4 hours up a mountain? My biggest issue is I need a lot of forefoot padding to be comfortable, and so I've been hesitant about these for that reason (no issues with my heels). I have wide, flat feet. Also I live in New Mexico and the desert here has industrial-grade cactus thorns and goat heads, how well do they resist puncture?
    i wear my vibrams (sprints, KSOs) hiking all the time, and the mountains in NH can get pretty tough. there are no cactus thorns, but there's plenty of sharp rocks and sticks. they protect pretty good; i feel like your eyes are better protector than your shoes in those cases though.
    i just got my bikilas. there a lot more shoe than i'm used to. much thicker and firmer soles, and even the material is more like a sneaker than the original vibrams. i expect that they would provide plenty of protection for what you might encounter. not much padding though. most barefoot/minimalist shoes are pretty light on the padding.