Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which book(s) are you reading? page 5

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Rereading The Gnolls Credo. Damn good book.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Just picked up a copy of Call of the Wild. I have been meaning to read this book since I was 10 years old!!
    Just recently I've been reading some Richard Jefferies and Henry Williamson books -- and also listening to a W. H. Hudson audiobook and an audiobook of Gilbert White's Natural History of Selborne. So, as it happens, it's been a few nature writers recently.

I have also been re-reading the Life of Johnson and dipping into some of Johnson's own writings, though.

I was rummaging in a secondhand bookshop this weekend and found a couple of books. One was a travel anthology edited by Eric Newby. Newby himself is a good writer, was a wartime member of the Special Boat Squadron, and after leaving school worked as a seaman on the last fast run under sail in a clipper ship -- for the story of that see The Last Grain [sorry] Race:

Amazon.com: Last Grain Race (Picador Books) (9780330318853): Eric Newby: Books

I also found a book about a woman, Dorothy Kerin, whose name I knew as a founder of a local hospital. I started that one: it seems she was a very remarkable woman, intensely religious and something of a modern-day mystic and healer:

Our History | Burrswood Christian Hospital, Kent

I'm not reading any Paleo/Primal/WAPF/etc. books at the moment. I must have a couple of dozen on my shelves by now, and there are so many other things to read ...

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    The Dirty Life - On Farming, Food and Love by Kristin Kimball.

Barely into it and the NY journalist has fallen in love with her organic farmer after he prepares venison heart for dinner. So primal, haha, and humorously written.

sara frances is offline Junior Member
    I just finished Wool last night for the Sword & Laser May book pick. it was very good but didn't quite live up to the hype imo. or maybe I'm just grumpy because I stayed up WAY too late finishing it.

I tried to listen to it but I couldn't stand the narrator's character voices.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by sara frances; 05-02-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Boneidle24seven is offline Senior Member
    Everyone try yoga.

Only about a third of the way in but quite excited to give it a go.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
    ― Carl Sagan

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    The Perfect Health Diet, new edition, read the older addition a few years ago, reading this one now since there has been a "noise" in the primal/paleo community regarding more moderate carb intake ie: safe starches (root vegetables). This seems reasonable and interesting to me, see what happens.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Game of Thrones at the moment and its taking me forever!!

fresa is offline Member
    Wellll right now I'm reading "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison. And since we are discussing less...erm...impressive books as well, I'm actually also reading "My S*it Life So Far" by Frankie Boyle. Not so much on the intellectual side, but a good laugh.

Also, I'm going to throw out there that I personally think the "Game of Thrones" TV show is terrible (I'm the only one on the planet, it seems) and I'm pleased that so many people are electing to read the books as well

sara frances is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really want to read game of thrones but I refuse to start it until either

a) the series is finished

or

b) g. r. r. martin bites it.

I don't want to get sucked in only to have to wait YEARS for the next book to come out. no thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345