Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which book(s) are you reading?

Shop Now
    Among the many other books I am reading I am enjoying Dean Dwyer's Make Shift Happen. It's really been opening my eyes to things I didn't realize might be standing in the way of the me I want and the me I am.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

The Whiteness of the Whale by David Poyer

Right now I am reading Game of Thrones in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. I know, I know, I'm ridiculously late to the Game of Thrones party, but better late than never Haven't watched the HBO show at all, but friends who told me a bit about it inspired me to read the novels.

The Land of Painted Caves by Jean Auel. It's not great, but it's not as bad as the reviews would have it. I like reading about Ice Age food prep.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Begun Shutter Island. Unfortunately I watched the film first...
    I have the book around the house but haven't read it yet. I like Lehane, but I watched the movie a few years ago and was a little dumbfounded. I'd seen a play the year before that was THE EXACT SAME STORY. Just change the country, the decade, and the profession of the main character. I think it was called Mindbend and after watching Shutter Island I looked it up. Mindbend was based on a novel by the playwright and was published before Shutter Island. If I were him I'd sue.
    Last edited by Violette_R; 04-12-2013 at 09:06 AM.

The 4-Hour Chef by Timothy Ferriss
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

I'm about to order The Closing of the Western Mind by Charles Freeman.

Just finished Nora Gedgaudas, Primal Body Primal Mind, thought it was very good.

I'm currently reading the utterly stunning Dweller on Two Planets by Frederick S. Oliver:
    A Dweller on Two Planets Index

Shop Now
    Sociology (Anthony Giddens) - very interesting introduction to this field, not only for students.