Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which book(s) are you reading? page 3

Chanda is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was about to say, what? No one reads Harry Potter around here? I love that series, and I'm almost 36!

I'm waiting for my copy of Primal Blueprint 21 day total body transformation to get here. I have Primal Blueprint already, but I seem to do better when I have a "program" to follow.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Well of course I have read Harry Potter...in English though. I just don't even have a desire to try Chinese. Spanish perhaps but not Chinese
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomingno View Post
    Harpua, not on the rug,

If you haven't already, start reading "Malazan" while you wait for GRRM to finish.
    how does that series compare to the asoiaf series? i mean, i'm not really into fantasy stuff/dungeons and dragons stuff/etc. it is way out there with that kind of stuff, or is there just a hint of it like in grrm's books?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    I'm curious to see what you'll think of the ending of Painted Caves, considering it's the end of the series.
    I'm getting close to halfway through the book, and it's been better than expected. I waited a long time before buying it, because it had such bad reviews on amazon. Finally gave in to curiosity. I'll let you all know my ultimate reaction when finished.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    I bought it the second it came out, because I just HAD to know what happens to Ayla. I particularly wanted to know if the Zelandonii would try to make any real contact with the Clan, like they'd talked about previously.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Begun Shutter Island. Unfortunately I watched the film first...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    In the last three weeks:
    Bring Up The Bodies - Hilary Mantel (pretty darn good)
    A Place of Greater Safety - Hilary Mantel (amazingly good)
    Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal - Jeanette Winterson (fanfuckingtastic, but then I always was a fan, and I'm adopted)
    Desiring Women - the partnership of Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville West - Karyn Sproles (kinda crappy, but I've only just started it)
    Last edited by badgergirl; 04-11-2013 at 04:18 AM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Nothing related to primal / paleo / nutrition / fitness whatsoever (the internet is enough for that), I am actually (re)reading "La Reine Margot" by Alexandre Dumas (in French).

boomingno is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    how does that series compare to the asoiaf series? i mean, i'm not really into fantasy stuff/dungeons and dragons stuff/etc. it is way out there with that kind of stuff, or is there just a hint of it like in grrm's books?
    Ha! Well, uhhh, I take that back, Malazan may not be for you then :P Lots of magic and dragons... not necessarily in the classic fantasy D&D sense, but still. I kinda prefer the ASOIAF style of subtle magic myself, but I got so annoyed at the pace of GRRMs writing, and Malazan is 10 good sized books and already completed.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by boomingno View Post
    Ha! Well, uhhh, I take that back, Malazan may not be for you then :P Lots of magic and dragons... not necessarily in the classic fantasy D&D sense, but still. I kinda prefer the ASOIAF style of subtle magic myself, but I got so annoyed at the pace of GRRMs writing, and Malazan is 10 good sized books and already completed.
    i'll look in to them. thanks again
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast