Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which book(s) are you reading? page 2

Harpua is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, it just felt like a good time to take a break. I have only seen season 1 and a couple episodes of season 2. i think they have done a good job on the shows so far.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Non-fiction: Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz

Fiction: For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway

Next up is Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Has anyone read Meditations before? I always have a difficult time becoming immersed in ancient Greek and Roman texts...
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

boomingno is offline Member
    Harpua, not on the rug,

If you haven't already, start reading "Malazan" while you wait for GRRM to finish.

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    Currently reading two books:

Biological Approaches to the Study of Human Intelligence (Edited by Philip A. Vernon), includes essays from Arthur Jensen, Richard Lynn, H. J. Eysenck and others.

The Growth Of Southern Nationalism by Avery Craven. An older work arguing that the breakdown of the democratic process led us to the Civil War. Part of LSU's history of the South series.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    I just got a hard copy of Weston Price "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration". About half way thru, this is rightly considered the most important book ever in the field of nutrition. He just observed what existed in these untouched 1930s tribes and accepted the story nature told. Wise individual. The photos are incredible. It's amazing to me how much knowledge man can accumulate, and then poof it's all forgotten!

Also audio-booking Gary Taubes "Good Calories, Bad Calories". Taubes spends significant time on this topic; how over and over again nutrition as a field has "restarted"...new researchers came along and ignored everything that came before, only to go off on some pointless tangent.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    I finished "Jurassic Park" yesterday and now I'm about a third of the way into "The Lost World." After that, I think I'll re-read "Dracula."

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    These threads always sound so intellectual! I am reading/scanning Engaging Autism by Stanley Greenspan M.D. and just started the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. it is a historical fiction series. I read for escape so my reading is normally urban fantasy with some silly romance thrown in for good measure.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Physical book (for reading at home): Freedom Riders: 1961 and the Struggle for Racial Justice.

Kindle book (for reading anywhere else): The Land of Painted Caves.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    Physical book (for reading at home): Freedom Riders: 1961 and the Struggle for Racial Justice.

Kindle book (for reading anywhere else): The Land of Painted Caves.
    I'm curious to see what you'll think of the ending of Painted Caves, considering it's the end of the series.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    These threads always sound so intellectual! I am reading/scanning Engaging Autism by Stanley Greenspan M.D. and just started the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. it is a historical fiction series. I read for escape so my reading is normally urban fantasy with some silly romance thrown in for good measure.
    I'll throw it off for you then: I'm currently reading the first Harry Potter book in Chinese. Not very useful vocabulary to learn, but it allows for relaxing while still feeling semi-productive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast