Thread: beginner and insatiable page

Smorgy4 is offline Junior Member

beginner and insatiable

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

I have been following MDA for about a year now and I have been easing my way into being primal for a while. For the last 3 months, I have been trying hard to avoid SAD foods, but I kept slipping and having a handful of cookies or something every couple days. I have finally been able to stick with it for just over a week now and I barely feel carb cravings anymore! I have been feeling great, having a lot of energy, no problems with asthma or exzema anymore and am very glad that I could finally do it!

I have been having one problem though, even though I have been trying to get enough fat, twice in the last week, I have had moments where I ate more in one sitting than I have ever eaten before and still felt hungry. Earlier today, just a few hours after I had eaten a large breakfast, I started eating, and eating, and eating, and couldn't satisfy myself. After I was finally full, I had eaten 3 strip steaks (about 3oz each) a fried onion, a package of fried mushrooms, a handful of almonds, an apple, about a dozen olives, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a chicken and spinach salad. That is more than I typically eat in a day; in one sitting. Has this type of ravenous hunger happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to avoid it?

Thanks to anyone who is able to help me with this!

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    When I was completely off grains, I experienced this. I could eat a burger, 5 eggs cooked in coconut oil, berries and cream, loads of veggies, nuts, avocado, and I would still be ravenous. I've realized grains are the only thing that really give me that satiety response. Everybody's different, but adding a little rice back in might help you the way it helped me.

Smorgy4 is offline Junior Member
    2ndChance, thanks for your advice, but I don't think that going back to grains is for me. I don't know how to describe it, but I just feel good and my body feels right without grains. I want to try other ways to control my hunger and I will hold grains as a last resort.

Kool is offline Senior Member
    Well almonds and olives are pretty caloric dense so it's hard to get full from them.
    Chewing a lot also gets me full quick! So salads salads salads (lame, I know, but toppings!)

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i'm guessing you're male?

if i were you, i'd eat. your body is finally getting real food and is SOOO happy for it.

your appetite will level off, but for now, just feed it with real whole foods.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    LOL! Good Lord, your "hunger" triggers are really off.

But maybe the only way to get them back on is to go with them. After a few days though, a little restraint should be used.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smorgy4 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been following MDA for about a year now and I have been easing my way into being primal for a while. For the last 3 months, I have been trying hard to avoid SAD foods, but I kept slipping and having a handful of cookies or something every couple days. I have finally been able to stick with it for just over a week now and I barely feel carb cravings anymore! I have been feeling great, having a lot of energy, no problems with asthma or exzema anymore and am very glad that I could finally do it!

I have been having one problem though, even though I have been trying to get enough fat, twice in the last week, I have had moments where I ate more in one sitting than I have ever eaten before and still felt hungry. Earlier today, just a few hours after I had eaten a large breakfast, I started eating, and eating, and eating, and couldn't satisfy myself. After I was finally full, I had eaten 3 strip steaks (about 3oz each) a fried onion, a package of fried mushrooms, a handful of almonds, an apple, about a dozen olives, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a chicken and spinach salad. That is more than I typically eat in a day; in one sitting. Has this type of ravenous hunger happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to avoid it?

Thanks to anyone who is able to help me with this!
    Your addiction doesn't go away in a week. Your ravenous hunger is caused by the addiction.

Read the third item down in this list >> that's what you're suffering from.

Do not add any form of starch back in -- that's basically glucose and will feed your addiction and make things worse.