Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting- Debate and Science page 3

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Is that weight fat, muscle or retained waste though?

M.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Yeah... Go ahead and tell ekatherine what didnt happen him. I mean, because you were totally there monitoring the whole thing.... I hate that shit!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Yeah... Go ahead and tell ekatherine what didnt happen him. I mean, because you were totally there monitoring the whole thing.... I hate that shit!
    Yeah, what next? - maybe somebody that claim to gain weight when waterfasting?

Dude, seriously? May as well call ekatherine a liar. People do this kind of thing all the time. "Please, continue to tell me how my experience didn't happen."

Dude, seriously? May as well call ekatherine a liar. People do this kind of thing all the time. "Please, continue to tell me how my experience didn't happen."
    Well, this is not a forum for extra terrestial experiences or UFO's, and since it can't be done anyway, I don't have to disprove absurde claims! So, if you as an example should claim that you gained 150 pound of fat by waterfasting only, I do not have to prove you wrong at all, but people with a minimum of knowledge will know for sure that it can't be the case...

janie is offline Senior Member
    +1
    I continue to be amazed at people who insult and dismiss the experience of others. They are apparently of the opinion that everything about the functioning of the human body has been discovered.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Why should I care if a troll calls me a liar? Isn't it clear that trolldom is the fount of all knowledge?

I'd be glad to experiment with it again after I reach my weight goals. However, experimenting with eating more protein ended up setting me back about 5 months. It took me a long time to get a grasp on what was happening. After all, that's not supposed to happen.

So I'm not going to do an n=1 on it quite yet.

One thing I won't experiment on again is a fat-free diet, protein sparing or otherwise. My body can't tolerate that.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Is that weight fat, muscle or retained waste though?

M.
    The feeling I had was it was muscle. However, it was not accompanied by an immediate increase in strength.

I have calipers. Putting on 5 (or more) pounds in this way did not increase the thickness of my abdominal fat.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Why should I care if a troll calls me a liar? Isn't it clear that trolldom is the fount of all knowledge?
    Heh. I just can't stand it when folks do that. Makes me blood boil whether its to me or to someone else.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is that a refence to me? And where did I call you "a liar"? You make certain irrational and absurd statements that you can gain weight in a calorie deficit below 800 kcal per day, and I say that it can't be the case, but I don't call you a liar, because you probably don't know where you are mistaken or make wrong measurements. Another possibility is that you are trolling or lying, but I am not saying that, only that what you are claiming can't be the case! In an earlier post you wrote that you can gain weight in a calorie deficit:
    You can believe that if you want to. I have said before that when I eat excessive protein (and that diet demands an enormous amount of protein) I gain weight, even in a calorie deficit.
    This is of course a complete absurdity, so I don't need to check it, because nobody can even maintain their weight in a calorie deficit, far less gain any! And if somebody claim that gravitation is not working where he lives and that a stone instead of falling down flies upwards instead, I don't need to go and check it, because I can dismiss it as pure nonsense a priori. But maybe this person believes in what he is saying though...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast