Page 99 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 99

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yay, so 2 of the 3 pounds from vacation are already gone! My first DD after about a week and a half off ADF went very well...I was surprisingly NOT that hungry yesterday, even after eating a carb heavy diet for that week and a half. I'm still not all that hungry today so I'm trying to make sure what I do eat is more nutrient dense, though I'm mostly wanting proteins for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rueben View Post
    and the protein drink I have is a good tasting, low sugar, gluten free one.
    On the positive - my hormones and adrenals are now much improved, and I am actually starting to have energy and not want to kill everyone who lives with me...
    Congratulations on the improved health aspects...hoping ADF will magnify those! What protein drink is it that you have? Occasionally, I have the need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    I'm not really hungy yet, but I feel like eating, you know. I'm going to try to delay eating for as long as possible.
    Yes, I had this the first few days on the Eat More Fat thing and then again on ADF. I think I used to eat just because I THOUGHT I should, not because I was actually hungry. I definitely think I've gotten much better in that regard.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    ok, so mothers day was write off. LOL. Really. But, I am not going to beat myself up over it. I did what I wanted. And this week will be irregular. I am having a colonoscopy (again ) on wednesday. That involves 2 days full fast. Its ridiculous.

So, I m going to go easy on myself this week, and get back on track regular for friday.
    Not getting to the scale.I wont do that to me. I will next tuesday as per the new normal.

Hope you all had lovely mothers day.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Oh TerriAnn, hope that colonoscopy goes well.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    ok, so mothers day was write off. LOL. Really. But, I am not going to beat myself up over it. I did what I wanted. And this week will be irregular. I am having a colonoscopy (again ) on wednesday. That involves 2 days full fast. Its ridiculous.

So, I m going to go easy on myself this week, and get back on track regular for friday.
    Not getting to the scale.I wont do that to me. I will next tuesday as per the new normal.

Hope you all had lovely mothers day.
    Good luck with the colonoscopy...youll be outta there is no time

Mothers day was SO hard... it was a DD for me too... I think I kept it at 700 calories... not bad considering the day.
    I was SO happy today was an UD. I'm also considering tomorrow DD a Steak and tomato day to even out Mothers day.
    Here we GO!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning- that is one aspect I really like about ADF: that you just get back on it. A 'day off' is not the end of your diet, it is just a day off. I know theoretically that could be true with any other diet, but mentally, I have not found it to be so. I go 'off plan' and that's it, it's over, and it is very difficult to pick up again. Since with ADF you are SUPPOSED to eat a lot when you're on an Up Day, it never seems so hard to get back to the Down Day. It may be all in my head, but hey, so much of life is!

252- glad to hear you had a good time. On the JUDDD thread on lowcarbfriends there seems to be a general concensus, that two rotations gets rid of vacation weight. You're half way there!

I had a good weekend, with some failures(pistachios) and more successes. Enjoying my Down Day today with salmon, salmon, and more salmon. I need to get on the thread on the weekends- it looks like a lot happens then.

My Honey hit a new post-Up Day low this morning. He's pleased. After my pistachios I am up a bit, but also pleased, because my trend downward is looking strong. Feeling very good in general today.

Colonoscopy! How it goes well. I wonder what effect(if any) ADF has on the pattern of stuff in your bowels. Clumps and then empty spaces? Or does it still spread out? (Can you tell I have absolutely no idea how a colon really works?!) In any case, I gather they get it all out before they go looking.

Welcome to the newcomers!

I'm hoping you're right Sabine about 2 days!

I thoroughly enjoyed my up day today, lol.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Sabine, I think that is exactly it. Had an off day? Meh, just an UD- tomorrow is DD! So simple.

Today was DD for me. Most of my calories were in this mornings coffee. Couldn't help but pour a little of the fresh cream in the cup! I just bought a new Jersey cow and her milk/cream is out of the world. Heavenly. The cream is a rich yellow color. Amazing. Today was an easy down day because I drove 6 hours round trip to pick up my new goats. On the way back, I grabbed a meat stick for a snack. I ate it, and afterward looked at the label. Contained wheat and soy. GR. I wasn't even paying attention. Too concentrated on the goats. I should know better than to grab for mainstream packaged meat. Oh well.

The other day I had a locally produced Elk stick and it was really great. Watching the rest of the family chow down on grilled wings, brats, burgers and dogs.... not so cool. Oh well, I made it through. Happy day, ya'll!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Hi All

Well I did Ok yesterday for my first DD. I had a protein shake for breakfast, a green salad for lunch and for dinner I was going to have another shake but I couldn't resist the smells coming out of the crockpot that SO had put on (I'm a sucker for Lam Irish Stew).

Instead of having a full serving I had some gravy and veges out of the pot, and left my serving to eat for lunch today... (wow its so much easier being able to say "I'll eat it tomorrow" isn't it?)) I should have kept to 500 calories, but I counted it as 600...

This morning for my breakfast on an up day it was so liberating being able to have exactly what I wanted - left over spud, with 2 eggs and mushrooms.

I'm going to have a vege juice made with celery and carrots and green apple this afternoon for a snack and of course my irish stew for lunch.

I am pretty sure I am fat adapted so didn't find myself very hungry yesterday - I really think eating is a habit with me - having to chew something at certain times of the day - and I know I am an emotional eater.

I have just come back from 2 weeks holiday in New Zealand visiting family (I live in Australia) - and I was surprised to put on only 1 kilo (2 pounds) while I was away. After my first down day I am back to my pre-holiday weight at 84.5 (from 85.2 yesterday)

I am going to try and stay off the scale until my DD early next week - its not going to be easy as I am an "every day weigher" but I think I sabotage myself when I see the scale go down ("well I've lost a kilo so I can have that....") - but I guess with alternate day fasting I can have it!! OMG - I really think this way of eating is going to actually help and fit in with the way I "tick"

Tomorrow I am going to stick to 500 calories and try to get through the family dinner time without having a full serve. I remember when I was in my 20's and lost alot of weight - I was still living at home and I used to ask mum just to serve me up veges for tea - that was really successful so I will just do that at dinner times from now on, and not have a protein shake. I really need to chew something...

elkay7 is offline Member
    No weight loss progress in the past 12 days after the initial 13 lbs. I did try on my wedding dress again today though and I could zip up the back by myself, unlike at purchase, haha. It is a good thing I am getting it altered in June.

My biggest problem is not drinking my calories when going out with friends. I don't think I have anything food or bar-related on the social calendar this week, so hopefully I can get back into more normal looking up days than the gluttonous ones I have had the last few weeks. I have a feeling booze and eating out was how I gained so much weight in the first place.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Elkay- my weight loss has definitely gone in fits and starts. A sudden drop, a pause, a little creep downward, more pausing, another little creep, a sudden drop, a bounce back upward, a gentle creep downward. It is becoming less important to me as to the actual number, since it is changing a little up or down, every day. I find I am looking more at the trend(yay!). This is freeing for me.

Had a very low Down Day yesterday, almost by accident. had my first feed at the movies, where I noshed on a small bag of beef jerky. 100K and 18P, not bad. Then a piece of salmon with homemade mayo when I got home from the movie. 133k and 20P. I meant to have some more salmon later in the evening but got busy, not least with a long walk with my Honey. Wasn't really hungry later when I had access to the kitchen again, and decided just to skip it.

Looking forward to my Up Day today. Sashimi is in the works!