Page 97 of 159 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 97

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Yoga, I agree. At 50-75g I would not think it is carb flu, unless you are very sensitive to carbs. Do you have any of the other symptoms of carb-sensitivity- cravings after carbs, water retention, sleepiness. (Forget the others, but a quick search should pull them up for you.)
    h.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So, I miscalculated this morning. I have been primal since February first. This week makes 13 weeks, not 17. The first two months I lost 35 lbs, so about 15 pounds in four weeks from ADF.

Sabine, I'm not super sensitive to all carbs, but definitely wheat (which I stay away from), corn and yams I'm ok with, but I rarely eat. Maybe it's bananas... You know what.. I did eat Grapes the day before my DD was just awful and grapes have a TUN of sugar in them... hmmm.. maybe i'm grape sensitive it's sugar, not grain. (still carbs).. I remember getting this kind of hang over (not the alcohol kind) a couple months back from a birthday i went to and had a some icing and I had a crazy headache the next day. I'm not really sure it's the sugar, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Gladmorning, congrats! that is super amazing! I have a question about your weight goals (of course only if you want to share them), where did you start and where are you now? Go YOU!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So, I miscalculated this morning. I have been primal since February first. This week makes 13 weeks, not 17. The first two months I lost 35 lbs, so about 15 pounds in four weeks from ADF.
    !!!

Lilac is offline Member
    Veronica: Glad you came in at a loss for the week!

Sabine: You're not raining on my parade! LOL - I've been losing weight long enough to know that I'm not going to lose 5 pounds every week! You gotta take the bad with the good - as long as the general overall trend is downward, I'm happy. Good luck on your weight in tomorrow.

Gladmorning - WOW! Those numbers are awesome!

Yoga - I hope you figure out what's causing the symptoms.

-----------------------------------

Today's a down day and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll have a snack for lunch and then dinner later, that seems to be working for me. No workout tonight, since I've worked out every day this week and I have a heavy lifting day set for tomorrow. Even after my up day yesterday I'm only up .4, so I'm pretty happy about that. The other thing I'm super happy about is my sleep -I have been sleeping SO WELL since I started ADF. I mean, ridiculously well to the point where I wake up, fully refreshed, without the use of my alarm clock. I'm kind of amazed and I hope it continues!

I hope everyone has an excellent day!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    I did eat Grapes the day before my DD was just awful and grapes have a TUN of sugar in them... hmmm.. maybe i'm grape sensitive it's sugar, not grain. (still carbs)..
    There are people who react to grapes.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Oh sure thing. I'm 6 ft tall with a large frame. I started at 315 february 1st today I weighed in at 265. I would like to reach 200 and access my body from there before making another goal.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone!!! Wow, it looks like everyone's having such great progress. I'll be starting ADF on Monday. (Monday will be my first DD.) I had been planning on starting a week from next Monday, but I don't think I can wait any longer. (Whenever I decide to do something, I always have a hard time delaying it, always want to jump right in, lol!) I'll post my stats next week and let everyone know how my first DD goes. So excited!! It's time to lose some weight.

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Somebody STOP me!!! Its a DD, and I'm at 700 cals. I could still eat a horse!!!
    I can't seem to stop myself. Sheesh.
    Coming to the board and reading all your successes has seemed to set me straight. I wish i had turned on the computer earlier.
    What is it that sometimes i just let go?
    Maybe i didn't have enough calories yesterday?
    Have i sabotaged myself by going to 700 calories? if someone tells me yes. I'll just eat that horse- I swear.
    Posting has helped. I am calm, I have GOT THIS!!! (again)
    Thanks goodness youre all here, being successful and motivating me (and each other)

Take good care
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Yesterdays UD was weird. I got hungry around 9am and prepared 2 bacons, 1 oz sausage patty big potato and two eggs. I ate it with a glass of milk. Wasn't hungry the rest of the day. I was munchy and snacky around bedtime, but there was literally nothing to snack, so I just went to bed. It will be interesting to see how far I make it today before the first hunger pangs appear.

I lifted weights yesterday. Hahaha, no, I actually didn't. I was just cleaning out the barn, which felt like lifting weights and pulling a heavy cart. I deep bedded my barn this winter. Meaning instead of continuously cleaning it out, I just kept adding bedding. It makes a great compost starter for the spring, but also means digging through and cleaning out about 12 inches of hay and manure. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great day, and here's to a good DD
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing that steak-and-eggs challenge. Steak, eggs, and butter 6 days, then low fat and carbs on Sunday. Yesterday I felt like having a down day and ended up just not eating anything.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    Somebody STOP me!!! Its a DD, and I'm at 700 cals. I could still eat a horse!!!
    I can't seem to stop myself. Sheesh.
    Coming to the board and reading all your successes has seemed to set me straight. I wish i had turned on the computer earlier.
    What is it that sometimes i just let go?
    Maybe i didn't have enough calories yesterday?
    Have i sabotaged myself by going to 700 calories? if someone tells me yes. I'll just eat that horse- I swear.
    Posting has helped. I am calm, I have GOT THIS!!! (again)
    Thanks goodness youre all here, being successful and motivating me (and each other)

Take good care
    On those extra hungry days... I think it's one of 3 things... 1. you are about to have a WHOOSH! (i think thats how you spell it)
    2. You didn't eat enough yesterday on the DD 3. (I include myself in this) too much carbs not enough fat and not enough calories.
    I think your post was from yesterday, now it's an UD for you! I hope you are feeling better...
    I had the worst DD a few days ago... I posted and had serious carb flu or symptoms... and it was bad... I made an puree of veggies and made a soup. low in calories and held me over nicely. i could have like 3 cups and still have my "dinner" I also have to eat earlier.. i can't wait till night... my dinner is at like 11-4.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I've been doing that steak-and-eggs challenge. Steak, eggs, and butter 6 days, then low fat and carbs on Sunday. Yesterday I felt like having a down day and ended up just not eating anything.
    Hows is that going for you? notice a difference? give us the details!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 05-11-2013 at 10:38 AM.