Page 96 of 159 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 96

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I got nothing on the body aches and fatigue. Are you very close to your goal? Sensitive to eggs? Seems unusual for it to be going on for two weeks. And you've been primal for a while, right? So I wouldn't think it was de-tox.
    I started at 165.5.. this morning (finished week 2) and i'm down to 163.2 (!!! yay!!) huge success for me.
    I have been primal since about 5 months ago... but just started JUDDD.

Not sure what to do about the fatigue, headaches, and body aches.. ugh. Anyone else experience this? not sure how long i'll be able to handle it.

Yay I lost 2.3 pounds!

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga- Congrats on the 2.3 lbs! The only thing I could think of is if your UD are high in carbs than maybe you are crashing on your DD? This last week I had a over 100 g carb UD and the following DD was not pleasant, shaky, bad hunger, low energy, etc.

Well if I had kept today as my weigh in I'd be up 1 pound for the week, but since I like to weigh after a dd, ill weigh tomorrow. Is that cheating? Lol! Crossing my fingers for a 2lb weight loss overnight so I can at least say I lost 1 lb this week.

I feel like what will be my 4th cold in as many months is coming on today, tickle in the back of my throat and my daughter has a slight fever and runny nose. You'd think I wouldn't be getting sick as much since I switched to primal but it's had no effect on my immune system. :/ anywho glad Mother's Day lands on an ud so I dont have to mess with doing a moderate day or switching things up, we're going to a brunch and I'm looking forward to it.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post

Not sure what to do about the fatigue, headaches, and body aches.. ugh. Anyone else experience this? not sure how long i'll be able to handle it.
    That sounds like the carb flu to me. I agree that if you're alternating between high and low carb, that may not give your body time to adjust.

Congrats on the weight loss, btw!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    2.3 lbs! Yay!

That's great. Onward!

Vlo- hope your numbers tomorrow please you as much.

I am doing a weekly weigh-in for an 'official' number, always whichever weekend day comes after an Up Day, so now, I don't think it is cheating to wait for after a Down Day. Consistency is what matters. You're not comparing it to right after an Up Day, are you?

Made it through my first challenge of the day- a mid-day meet with a friend who I am not telling about the ADF. Made it through with no need to mention or deny food. Later in the day challenge- a meal out with a new group- I will be having salad. Third challenge- driving teenagers to and from a midnight movie showing. I made some diet-jello with extra protein for something to have if I have to have SOMETHING. 60 calories, 10 grams of protein, artificial sweetener.. Not ideal, but not too bad.

Lilac is offline Member
    Terri Ann - I'm a little late but great job on the loss!

Yoga - congrats on the loss! Your symptoms also sound like the carb flu to me. Some people are just more sensitive than others.

Veronica - I recall reading on the JUDDD website that you should always weigh on a down day, even if it's a day over the week. So, no, it's not cheating! Good luck.
    --------------------------
    Today was my weigh in day, down 5.2 pounds! That's 6.2 pounds in the two weeks on plan. It's getting a lot easier as well. I forget who mentioned it, but I am finding that I look forward to a down day after an up day. Sort of a reprieve from food. I've also noticed a definite difference in body composition. I've had multiple unsolicited comments in the past week (some from strangers at the gym) that I'm looking great. I even had a friend tell me that I should probably stop losing weight. Which is hilarious, as I weigh 213 pounds. I'm tall so I look a lot skinnier than I am (thankfully), but I also think a lot of that has to do with the strength training I've been doing. I'd like to get down to 175 and then reassess at that point.

Hope everyone has an excellent day!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all for the "congrats" !!

About the carb flu... Do any of you know how to elevate that? Just eat less carbs on UD? I eat around 50-75

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well, 17 total weeks of primal and about... 4 weeks of ADF I am down to my second major loss goal. -50 lbs officially this morning. I took new pictures this morning and compared them side to side. It made me realized that even though *I* don't think there is a difference in the mirror, there really IS. I cannot believe how much my body has changed. I was getting frustrated last night because I still have this horrible belly fat roll, but it made me happier to see the pictures this morning and know it is, in fact, smaller than it was 17 weeks ago.

Wednesday was my up day. I was at work 10 hours and didn't get the chance to eat. Then I came home, did chores and jumped right into the car to go look at a cow 2.5 hours away. I stopped at a gas station about 3:00 pm and grabbed some cashews. Then, about 6pm when we were on our way back, mom wanted to stop at hardees. I realized how hungry I was. So, I got their "low carb" burger. Basically a burger with all the toppings in a lettuce wrap. It was damn good, but i doubt it was good for me. Oh well. Since my UD was so light, I struggled with yesterdays DD. I find that my cow's milk though not easy on calories, helps me through a rough day. When I got home from work I felt like my stomach was eating itself. I slammed a 5 oz glass of that mornings milk and I felt way better.

Hope everyone is doing AWESOME!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    yoga~ if all your eating is 50-75g of carbs then it shouldnt be the carb flu.......perhaps try to stay at 50 or below for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

Glad morning~ 50 lbs in 17 weeks is freaking amazing! How much of that was just from 4 weeks of ADF?

As for me ,down 2 lbs overnight putting me at my new low weight of 210 lbs! So that's a 1 lb loss for the week just like I'd hoped! I notice every dd that I have salmon I tend to have a big drop the next day so I'm going to try to keep that on the menu for sure. This week was so freakin tough( damn TOM!) but I made it through and I feel confident about the rest of this month on ADF. Today's the first ud I haven't really planned to make some new recipe, it's a busy day for me and ill probably just end up picking up a rotisserie chicken for dinner and having a side of veg. We do that about once every 10 days or so because when you cook as much as I do sometimes it's nice not to have to think about it( also what's nice about dd, except I do still cook dinner). hope everyone is doing great!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Wow, every one is doing so well.

Lilac, 5.2 pounds is fantastic. (to rain on you parade, but don't be dismayed if next week is radically less. So much coming off seems to demand a 'rest'. Keep looking at that total number! Which is great.)

Yoga, I agree. At 50-75g I would not think it is carb flu, unless you are very sensitive to carbs. Do you have any of the other symptoms of carb-sensitivity- cravings after carbs, water retention, sleepiness. (Forget the others, but a quick search should pull them up for you.)

Gladmorning. Wow! 50 pounds! Woot!! What a four months it has been for you. I am glad you can see photographic evidence of change, even if you don't feel it yet. It is so important to keep ourselves motivated when we have to concentrate on weight loss for a long period of time.

Vlo- Don't you love hitting your weekly goal! Good job.

I'm weighing in tomorrow. I love the low of post-Down Day, but I feel like post-Up Day is more my 'normal' weight. Feeling very good this week. My Down Days have been a little challenging due to various factors, but I have made them work for me without anguish.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I miscalculated this morning. I have been primal since February first. This week makes 13 weeks, not 17. The first two months I lost 35 lbs, so about 15 pounds in four weeks from ADF.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.