Primal Fuel
    Thanks everyone!

Yay TerriAnn!!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

madamshome is offline Junior Member
    Hi, am a newbie to ADD, this is week 3.

Am using Myfitnesspal for calorie tracking as they have a good selection of foods already logged but would like an app that can be set up specifically for ADD with the different calorie goals for DDs & UDs.

Would also like to have a bigger choice of calorie calcs for exercise. On exercise days, am doing mostly HIIT programs & MFP does not cater for this either.

Anyone?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great first week, TerriAnn. I feel like I have a completely different(healthier) relationship with hunger, since I first tried fasting last summer. CW makes it seem like an ogre, when it is really just a tool.

Sorry, Madamshome, I know nothing about the different calorie/exercise count sites. Someone here might, but if you ask the question on the tools thread, I'm sure you'll get some info.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Madam...sorry, I don't know of any sites that can be tailored quite that specifically...I use MFP and have changed my macro percentages there to be more in line with a lower carb/higher fat diet and I've got the calories a couple of hundred below my up day calorie "goal".

~~~~

Well, I woke up at 2:00 am with abdominal cramping. Fortunately (ha!) this time it's more in line with my occasional IBS cramping, so I'm not worried, but I've never had it wake me up before. I have a full physical exam appointment at the end of the month, so I'm debating whether I should just wait for that, or go in before especially for this. Whatever has been going in the last two weeks is getting old, lol. Fortunately, I do not think it will affect my trip. So...

I'm off, "see" you in a few days.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madamshome View Post
    Hi, am a newbie to ADD, this is week 3.

Am using Myfitnesspal for calorie tracking as they have a good selection of foods already logged but would like an app that can be set up specifically for ADD with the different calorie goals for DDs & UDs.

Would also like to have a bigger choice of calorie calcs for exercise. On exercise days, am doing mostly HIIT programs & MFP does not cater for this either.

Anyone?
    I use a different site from myfitnesspal. The sites I have seen are mostly mainstream/conventional wisdom dieting sites. I have never seen one where intermittent fasting of any sort was anything more than a fringe activity. I think the only way to get a calculator that could be set up specifically for JUDDD would be if the JUDDD site decided to create it.

As far as exercise calculations go, the ones that any site gives you are at best grossly inaccurate. There is a huge individual variation in the intensity (based on perception) and calories burned. But besides that, they cater to the "dieter" mindset that one can offset a bad diet with the right type and volume of exercise. People on those sites carefully add back the calories they think they have burned to make sure they don't go into "the starvation mode", which really doesn't exist as they think it does.

Exercise is a small part of your daily calories burned. Weight loss is mostly a result of controlling what you eat.

If you really want to get accurate, there are devices you can wear that will give you a very good idea of what you are burning. Perhaps you should look into them. I know some people use them all the time, but I don't recall what they are called.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Much bigger drop after my dd. 2.2lbs ,but still up .4. I'm gonna take Fridays weight this week because Thursday is a dd and I dont want to weigh after an ud. So maybe just maybe I can eek out staying the same or even a small loss for the week. Also I'm going to try adding some sprints to my walk today. I think salmon really works for my dd meal too, I am gonna try to eat it most dd's as long as I don't get sick of it. Ill leave my crazy need to try new recipes for UD's lol!

Terriann~ congrats on the 4 lbs!

Madameshome~ I use MFP too and totally agree, they have the most already input foods database but a crap excercise one for sure. I just don't bother tracking my excercise on there. I also wish I could put a calorie limit based on ud or dd but I haven't figured that out either. But it give you your totals so just make sure you keep you eye on it and don't go over, it helps planning meals the day before so you know exactly what to eat to reach your calorie limit.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    Lilac, Sabine and yoga 11, thanks for the tips. I appreciate the help.
    This morning i got on the scale. after 10 days half fasting, I am down 4 pounds. WOOT! Thats with a dairy queen trip on an ud, and and ice cream treat from the corner store on another ud?!
    Seems it might not take em the summer to lose my 20 lbs (now 16!)
    AND : yesterdays down day was amazingly easy. yes, i had hunger, yes I lived through it. Today was an ud, and i got though it without ice cream.
    I honestly think this half fast thing might work!
    TerriAnn, that's so great. So tell me... what did you eat on your DD? I'm always curious.
    Also, when you say "half fast" what do you mean? did you mean you came from 4:3 and now you are alternate day fasting? and what are you calorie ranges? thanks!

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone! That was really kind of you all to take notice of ,my 4 pounds, gone. I eat whatever is left over from the day before for my dd. Around 4 pm, I have a protein shake, and then I eat a small meal near 6 or 7. usually chicken. Tonight though, I am having lobster!
    Half fast is my term for this. I ma on a 4:3 though. I have dd mon wed fri, and up tues, thurs, sat and sun.
    I exercise on my dd, in the am. 2 hours.
    My calories are i think 1795 on ud, because I input no exercise, (sedentary life style) to the JUDD calculator. I dont really track up, I just eat. but, I don't eat processed foods, or sugar, or much wheat.

I am only going to weigh in once a week, because i dont really like to. I am finding good energy on dd though, and that surprises the heck out of me.

Sabine, I agree, i think this will give me a healthy feeling about fasting. It seems after an ud, I am ready for a dd, already, in just such a short time. It 's great to recognize hunger, and to know that I don't have to give in to that, and that its ok to feel it.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    hello everyone! I can't tell you all how happy I am the weekend is almost here. This week is just kicking my butt.
    I am not getting the hang of my DD. It's not the eating... it's the feeling. My body aches, blurry mind, fatigue, crash, energy is low, and headaches. Since I teach yoga I eat a 2 hardboiled eggs in the mid morning to hold me over. Tomorrow is my second weight in and I'm really anxious about it. What do I do about these body aches and fatigue!? I don't feel good.

Maybe I'm detoxing?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I got nothing on the body aches and fatigue. Are you very close to your goal? Sensitive to eggs? Seems unusual for it to be going on for two weeks. And you've been primal for a while, right? So I wouldn't think it was de-tox.