Page 94 of 159 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 94

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

Lucy, glad to hear you are doing well. Interesting about the 'sudden' but delayed weight loss.
    Thanks. I guess I mainly just wanted to share because we can get so dissapointed with 'plateaus' - but my last two kg each took 3 weeks. Both times I was starting to dispair, give up, thinking about changing things e.g., going low carb, thinking I had plateaued - and then boom, another kg.

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Elkay- I don't have a thyroid at all, so it's most def the reason

Hey, out of interest, are you just on t4 thyroid replacement? Is it worth getting your levels t3 checked? I have my thyroid, but I have Hashimotos , and I struggled with my weight for two years because I was only being treated with t4. In fact I gained 10kg while on a weight loss diet and exercising daily. Even fasting didn't help.

As soon as I got my t3 levels checked (very low), and got onto the t3 only, I started to lose. It was always a DAILY struggle against my weight, and now it is just coming off so easily! You may already have checked all this, just wanted to let you know what happened to me just in case it is something that you hadn't considered....

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Lucy~ I'm on cytomel(5mcg twice a day) and synthyroid(135 mcg once a day) are you just on t3 or t4/t3 combo? I've never heard of just being on t3 before. I would love to try armour natural thyroid hormone from decicated pig thyroid but my endochronologist is very opposed to it. I've only heard good things though so if I do decide to try it ill also have to look for a new doctor.

Argh scale back up 1.4 lbs after my ud, so still 2.6 lbs up for the week so far. I just don't see how I'm going to get that off plus lose some more to have a loss for the week. I feel super bloated so I'm really hoping its just water weight from my TOM that will be gone by Thursday. Dd for me and I'm sticking to my delicious baked salmon topped with homemade mayo and parm!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm having a salmon day, too! I should try it with the parmesan- it sounds delicious.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all!! I've been slowly improving, but haven't been following ADF this week. I've been eating about double the carbs because I've been eating about a cup of rice and a banana everyday hoping it will calm the big D. It seems to have worked. I was up in weight yesterday, probably the water weight from going from VLC to moderate carbs, but am back down today. My calories have been around 900-1300 per day, so not huge, but definitely not fasting material. With the increase in carbs I've also had a little increase in hunger. I leave tomorrow for a three day cruise, so I'm not going to attempt the ADF until I get back, mostly because I don't want to have D on the ship, lol. I will be eating gluten free as I do have Celiac, and I'll be keeping the carbs under control, though if they have a particularly great looking gluten free dessert I might try a little...the last couple of cruises I've taken, they've had at least one gluten free dessert at each meal. They will also make gluten free bread, pizza, etc. if you want it, but I like to stick to just proteins, veggies and a little fruit.

Gladmorning ~ congratulations on your new primal low and on the healing!!!!

Veronia ~ Yes, I think I know exactly what you mean about entitlement with weight loss....while I don't always follow through with it, I have felt it.

Lucy ~ Congratulations!!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy your cruise, Donna!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Thanks. I guess I mainly just wanted to share because we can get so dissapointed with 'plateaus' - but my last two kg each took 3 weeks. Both times I was starting to dispair, give up, thinking about changing things e.g., going low carb, thinking I had plateaued - and then boom, another kg.
    Argh scale back up 1.4 lbs after my ud, so still 2.6 lbs up for the week so far. I just don't see how I'm going to get that off plus lose some more to have a loss for the week. I feel super bloated so I'm really hoping its just water weight from my TOM that will be gone by Thursday. Dd for me and I'm sticking to my delicious baked salmon topped with homemade mayo and parm!

in regards to stall... I read a couple of things... might be fun to try!
    1. Carb re load day - I've read this on a lot of threads, not sure how I feel about it... but i've read its good to shake things up.
    2. 2 UD fallowed by 2 DD - this is recommended via JUDDDD website, to break routine/jolt body away from pattern!
    3. UD's stay away from banana, nuts, rice, etc. for a few UD's.
    4. Change what you are eating. Stay simple. No crazy sauces... no eating out.. try different meat, different veggie, eat REALLY CLEAN for a few days. Nothing from box, bag, or bottle.

on a DD:
    5. Have an apple day (6 apples) - this is a tool from HCG - if you don't like it thats ok I'm just offering options!
    6. Steak and tomato day (only have a steak with a tomato at night w a little olive oil) - another tool from HCG

anyday:
    7. SPRINT! it's only 21 minutes long. 30 seconds ALL OUT 90 seconds cool down, try for 6 times. This really helps your blood, circulation, better then running at 1 pace, make your hormones balances, the list of pro's is like really long for sprinting, even Mark has an article.
    8. Or just have 1 crazy awesome long bike ride. DO SOMETHING out of ROUTINE!!
    9. on JUDDD website he says to also make sure you are ONLY eating up to 500 cal if you are stalling and just because..
    so, just in case you aren't tracking... now might be a good time.

I'm not standing by any of these... This is what I'm gathering from other post, forums, and thread. I think they are worth a shot if stalling or water retention. I don't think I like the carb reload days... (maybe on a stall, but not a water retention). If I was water retaining, I'd do a steak and tomato day. I have to try it first. Anyways, I hope this helps with ideas!!

I don't weigh in till thursday, it's 2nd week completed. I'm excited!
    Last edited by Yoga11; 05-07-2013 at 09:22 AM.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    252dip~ have fun on your trip don't worry about ADF till you get back!

Sabine~ I just spread 1 tbsp mayo and 1 tbsp parm on the fish and bake. Super yummy.

Yoga~ thanks for looking all that up, I really do need to add sprinting into my regimen. I also might try that 2 ud followed by two dd's , sounds great then miserable but ill do it if I find that things are stagnant. I was just thinking today that I should just eat salmon and veggies every dd to keep it simple. I barely eat nuts and haven't had rice for 4 months, but I do eat bananas and plantains so I think I could lay off for awhile. I won't try all these things at once but it's nice to have a list of tweaks to work through should u need them!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Lucy~ I'm on cytomel(5mcg twice a day) and synthyroid(135 mcg once a day) are you just on t3 or t4/t3 combo? I've never heard of just being on t3 before. I would love to try armour natural thyroid hormone from decicated pig thyroid but my endochronologist is very opposed to it. I've only heard good things though so if I do decide to try it ill also have to look for a new doctor.
    Yeah, I was actually resistant to the t4 - I was turning it all into rt3, which is inactive, and blocks the t3 receptors. So I wasn't getting any benefit from any of my meds when I was on t4! Caused by chronic dieting, over exercising and stress.

I'm also up 0.5kg, but I bounce around a lot day to day.

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Lilac, Sabine and yoga 11, thanks for the tips. I appreciate the help.
    This morning i got on the scale. after 10 days half fasting, I am down 4 pounds. WOOT! Thats with a dairy queen trip on an ud, and and ice cream treat from the corner store on another ud?!
    Seems it might not take em the summer to lose my 20 lbs (now 16!)
    AND : yesterdays down day was amazingly easy. yes, i had hunger, yes I lived through it. Today was an ud, and i got though it without ice cream.
    I honestly think this half fast thing might work!
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis