Page 93 of 159 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 93

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Vlo- you don't have to stay under 2100 calories on your Up Days! Up Days are 'eat to desire.' The JUDDD site gives a calculation for an Up amount, but you can eat more. You just CAN'T eat LESS! Maybe your Down Days are harder because you are not eating enough on Up Days. Chow down, girl! Especially if you have only recently switched to primal (sorry-can't remember). Your body may still be in healing mode, and be needing those extra good food calories.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Duplicate. I see this issue still exists.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've been gone for a week or so. In my last posts I was struggling with some serious dizziness, which I never found the culprit to. Anyway, I went off ADF for about a week. Hub's birthday came up so I had two not so primal days. I was happy to see after all that, I had not gained any weight. I didn't lose, but didn't gain. I have been back to it the last 4 days and I am already down to a new primal low of 267- started at 315 february 1st/2013. The last time I remember being in the 260's was about 5 years ago.

It was very happy to see my body could handle some changes and not freak out and gain 10 lbs. Kinda proves there is a lot of healing with just plain ole' primal eating. I enjoy ADF because I do think it has some good health benefits. But, it really helps boost my weight loss, which I am never going to complain about.

There were about 40 some pages from when I last posted. I skimmed some of them. Hope everyone is still finding success!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning~ happy to see you back and on track!

Elkay~congrats on the 13 lbs that's awesome! And I've never heard that about burning more while on your cycle but that would makes sense as to why so many women have a hard time not over eating during that time!

Sabine~ I wouldn't say I'm super new to primal, it's been about 4 months and I dove in head first and committed myself 100%. But i also had a thyroidectomy 4 months ago and fully believe that im still healing from that invasion to my body. As for eating more on up days the couple times that I've gone over I've noticed that scale go up a lot more the next day than if I stuck to my 2100. I am down 1.6 after yesterday's dd, but I'm still up 1.2 so far for the week. I'd be happy to squeak out another half pound loss this week at this point. But who knows maybe ill have a whoosh, gonna cross my fingers!

I think little changes might be affecting my hunger too. Like I've noticed on up days I've been having breakfast as early as 7:30 am and then I'm hungry again by 11:30. That's just too early, so today when I woke up I took my thyroid pill( have to wait an hour to eat after this) then had my cup of coffee @ 7:30, then waited till almost 9 am to eat breakfast. I think having a later breakfast works better for me so I will try to be conscious about that from now on. Also lately my dinners on dd's have been closer to 300 cals, so the last couple dd's I've had my 75 cals coffee and cream, a 100 calorie snack a couple hours before dinner( apple, turkey slices, etc). I think this doesn't work for me because I need a higher calorie meal for dinner to keep me sated till bed time. So im going back to making sure I just have my 75 cal coffee in the morning and my dinners are 425 calories on dd, nothing in between.
    Last edited by vlo1125; 05-06-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

elkay7 is offline Member
    Veronica - My mom and my future father-in-law both struggle with difficulty losing weight due to hypothyroidism. Maybe your thyroid is a reason behind the recent plateau? :\ Snacking early always makes me hungrier later too. I always do best with late lunch or an early dinner, if I can hold out.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Elkay- I don't have a thyroid at all, so it's most def the reason I haven't really plateaued yet, last week I lost .4, but a loss is a loss. Just struggling this week so far with staying with calories ,hopefully ill still see a loss this week too ,we'll see come Friday. Also

Maybe some of you can relate but i think a funny thing happens when you lose weight, you start feeling like you are entitled to a break or to be cut some slack but really the opposite is true, at least for someone as overweight as me. That's when you need to try harder because when you start to get too comfortable your in danger of falling off the wagon. I need to remind myself that while the 15lbs lost last month is great I'm no where near done and can stand to lose a lot more.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Maybe some of you can relate but i think a funny thing happens when you lose weight, you start feeling like you are entitled to a break or to be cut some slack but really the opposite is true,
    You said it vlo1125. If I have a "good" diet day, I want to reward myself with yep : FOOD! Whats with that self sabotage?

I guess it's like the excersise videos, they say when cant do anymore, just do 6 more. So, when I feel like I deserve a treat, Just go without for 6 more!(days)
    Today is a dd after 2 up in a row. It seems I am doing a half fast, at 4/3 rate. Mon, wed, Fri are dd, and weekends and tues, thurs are ud. Will I reap the same benefits as those of you doing alternate days?

Today is a good dd, except now its after dinner, and this is where I usually sabotage. Go all day without food, have a small dinner, and then look out. Anyone else do this?
    Shed some light? why do I do it?
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Lilac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    You said it vlo1125. If I have a "good" diet day, I want to reward myself with yep : FOOD! Whats with that self sabotage?

I guess it's like the excersise videos, they say when cant do anymore, just do 6 more. So, when I feel like I deserve a treat, Just go without for 6 more!(days)
    Today is a dd after 2 up in a row. It seems I am doing a half fast, at 4/3 rate. Mon, wed, Fri are dd, and weekends and tues, thurs are ud. Will I reap the same benefits as those of you doing alternate days?

Today is a good dd, except now its after dinner, and this is where I usually sabotage. Go all day without food, have a small dinner, and then look out. Anyone else do this?
    Shed some light? why do I do it?
    I'm doing the exact same schedule as you, although instead of a full up day yesterday I only ate about 1600 calories. I'm not sure how that will affect my losses, but its what works for my schedule.

I hear you on the sabotage thing. I've gotten pretty good at not sabotaging myself because I usually go to the gym in the evening, so that keeps me occupied. I also will drink tea or chew gum. Sometimes I will save a small snack for in the evening as well, since I know that's when I might need it.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hi all,
    Just checking in - still doing 4:3, and it's working well. I eat a lot on up days (up to 200 cal, sometimes more), and around 500 fast days/DD, and have lost 4kg in 6 weeks. I had three weks there that I didn't lose at all, then poof, 1kg gone.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post

I guess it's like the exercise videos, they say when you can't do anymore, just do 6 more. So, when I feel like I deserve a treat, Just go without for 6 more!(days)
    Yikes! Can we make that hours?

The two things that have helped me with my down days, are to have heavy fat or heavy protein, very few carbs. It doesn't make for much volume, but it really satisfies my hunger.

And, I try to start my eating as late in the day as possible. This is something that evolved- I didn't do it on purpose, I just found myself eating later through absence of hunger, but when you have your first feeding(I won't call it a MEAL) at 1:00pm, then something else at 4:00, and then at 7:00, it makes it easier to get to bedtime without going wild.

Lucy, glad to hear you are doing well. Interesting about the 'sudden' but delayed weight loss.