Page 92 of 158 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 92

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thank you Sara!

Wow, I just looked up that lemon bread recipe and I might actually really try that...it sounds fantastic!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

TeriAnn, I am following your progress with interest, because I have pains that I am hoping to get rid of as well. Do you have a journal?

Hi Sabine, No I do not have a journal, except here at home. I'm guessing its the colitis you are curious about?
    I was diagnosed in 1998. I have had numerous surgeries, and the pharmaceutics just arent working for me anymore. I decided in Sept 2012 my goal for 2013 was to cure myself. Thus began the biggest research project in my history. It lead me to paleo, and marks daily apple. If food is my first line of defense, I needed to figure out what i was eating that hurts me. Through elimination diets, I have determined, my enemy # 1 is corn, and corn products (isnt that stuff just in everything?)
    Enemy # 2 is sugar and products that turn to sugar in my body (starches - peas, potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, wheat products
    so, I dont eat any of it anymore. I am finishing up this round of steroids, and my after next colonoscopy ( every 8 weeks like clockwork for 3 years now) I am quitting all the doctor drugs. Its a HUGE scary decision, but its made.
    IMO, the disease is in remission, and my symptoms are completely gone. My health is fully in my control. What i eat determines how my machine runs.

I have read this half fast works wonders for the digestive system. I think it might, but I started taking magnesium supplements same time I started this, so,i am having a reaction to the supplements until my body acclimatizes.

The weight loss is far from the reason I am here, but it will be a lovely bonus.

Today and tomorrow are up days, as of yet, Im not calorie counting either up or down. I may have to, but for now, Its nice to remember what it feels like to have hunger.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    T Maybe I just need to let go of the weight thing and just relax and stay on JUDDD. just sharing thoughts... Although, I think I'm seriously committed to this even through out the summer. I want fit into my jeans I haven't fit into since before the holidays... So, 1 pant size and 15 pounds. Lets do it body! <3
    You will. Keep the faith girl. The name of this and every game like this is "stick-to-it-ive-ness"
    Just one step at a a time, one ud followed by one dd, and keep stringing them together. You've got this.

Ive got this. We've got this.
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Lilac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Down 1.2 after my dd but I'm still up .4 from Thursday. I too think my TOM is starting anyDay now, been taking pregnancy tests all week( negatives)and now I feel bloated so yea. Looking forward to my ud though, making ribs with primal bbq sauce , loaded baked cauliflower, and glazed lemon cake. No Grains Delicious Lemon Bread with a Lemon Glaze | Primally Inspired cept I'm gonna make them in to cupcakes so I can give 2/3 of it away. I don't bake very many paleo/primal treats but when I do I always give more than half away, helps that both my mom and a friend are primal too so they are more than happy to receive! By the way as written if made I to 12 cupcakes they have 160 cals/18 carbs/9 fat/ 6 protein. Ill let you know how they turn out!
    Glad you are back down. I'm exhausted reading your menus everyday! You are so ambitious in the kitchen! By the way, I tried that coleslaw recipe you posted a while back, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Well, I guess I'm taking an unwanted/unintentional break from ADF, lol. I've had bad watery diarrhea for the last 3 days, and yesterday all I wanted to do was have clear liquids and crackers. I have some gluten free crackers, so had 8 of those and some sliced roast beef and some watered down apple juice (no added sugar). It was supposed to be a down day, but I ended up having around 930 calories. Today is supposed to be an up day but I doubt it will be a much higher calorie count. Today I've had a Starbucks drink and some chicken and rice. Talk about higher carbs, lol. I need to get rid of the watery D before tomorrow though...I'm taking a short cruise on Wednesday and they won't let me on the ship if I still have it (or within 3 days).
    Hope you feel better!!

Yoga - I use 1/2 tsp of baking powder in those cream cheese pancakes.

Sabine - can't wait to hear how your lemon loaf turned out since Veronica's turned out good. I haven't done any baking in a while (I love to bake) but I think I may try this as a treat and I can bring the leftovers in to work.

------------

Down again this morning after my down day (actually saw 216.8 on the scale!). I'm totally stuffed from my up day today and not sure if i'll get all my calories in. I also did not get my strength workout in today and I feel guilty about that. My carbs were around 85 today because I had a banana with full fat Greek yogurt this morning (yum!) so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Instead of doing a full up day tomorrow I think I will do a Mid day. Still trying to figure everything out, but man I am sleeping so well, feeling great, lots of energy, etc.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    252- I hope you are feeling better. Ugh. When it goes on for more than an episode, it really wears you out. Keep your eyes on that cruise, and your bowels will follow! (here's hoping!)

Sadly, I wasn't that thrilled with the lemon loaf. It was just okay. I wonder if I am losing my taste for bread-like items. The glaze was fantastic, though!

TerriAnn- I am tracking exactly what I eat, and the number and types of pains, and have found some correlations that are helping me get back on track. One of the good things, is I seem to be bouncing back from any spikes more quickly. I think I am slowly healing up. And I tell myself that any spikes I get are just giving me more information about what it causing the problem. Too many sugars seems to be a big culprit.

Honey and I went out for a burger last night, at a new place. (I had mine sans bun.) We both had to run for the bathroom an hour afterwards, though. It led to a weight drop AFTER an Up Day for me. Always nice, but I don't like the process.

I posted my last month's numbers on my journal, if anyone is interested. The summary: I am losing my pound per week that I am aiming for.

Today I am going for a Protein-centric Down Day: 4oz fish with 1t of homemayo, repeat, repeat.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Lilac- I am very adventurous in the kitchen for sure, I need variety or ill feel like I'm on a diet ,and being on a diet doesn't work for me. So def gotta keep it fun and interesting.

Sabine- did you use coconut milk as the liquid for the batter? I really liked the flavor bright and lemony. my aunt who isn't primal had one and she said it tasted like a sweet quiche, which is funny cause I didn't detect an eggy flavor but she did. Probably cause she's used to wheat and I get baked goods so seldom that it tasted like bread to me lol! Also did you refrigerate for an hour before eating? For some reason the blogger stressed that it should be eaten cold. I think it's cause baked goods that use only coconut flour tend to be wetter? Idk but I just had one now and it was really good, and this time I tried to pay attention for the egg flavor and still did t get it so I think my aunt is just crazy lol!

Ugh and I'm back up another 2.8 lbs, my TOM did start yesterday and I was more upset about it than I thought I'd be(cause not pregnant). so I did have a 4 oz glass of red wine, which even though primal always makes the scale go up the next day without fail. So instead of a moderate day I'm keeping today a dd. throws off my m-w-f schedule this week but oh well.
    Last edited by vlo1125; 05-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Thank you all for the well wishes! I do think I might be turning a corner. I've only had one BM today (immediately after eating a coconut macaroon) and while it was still very very loose, it was only one. I had a Starbucks drink, and the same one yesterday caused an immediate trip to the bathroom, but not today. I haven't eat anything else today, so the real test will be after I eat something. I have to travel on Wednesday, and if I have to go after eating, it will be tough. I also walked this morning without any issues...while out I picked up some immodium type stuff from Walgreens just in case. I'm going to stick to mostly rice and chicken today, but may make my afternoon meal Mahi Mahi instead of chicken.

Edited to add: Sorry Veronica about not being pregos!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I used cow milk, and butter for my fat, as I am staying away from coconut right now. I'll try it with, at some later point. I DID refrigerate it, and I agree about eating it cold. It made it easy to slice, and kept the glaze at a beautiful consistency. (Can you tell I am liking the glaze?)

Too bad about not being pregnant, but every month of primal eating will make it more likely, bring you to a healthier weight and state, and give your baby a better base to build off of.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys but I think I'm more upset at the thought of another month of ADF! Lol! I just don't find it pleasant, some days are easier than others but all in all it's not fun. If I could find another way to take this weight off and eat everyday (primal of course) I would but so far this is the only tweak ,or n=1 as people here like to put it ,that has worked for me. I think I'm in a funk cause I barely lost last week and if things continue the way they are this week it'll be no loss or even a gain! I'm finding it harder and harder to stay under 2100 cals on my up days. Today was the first time I've gone over on a dd, I'm at 670 instead of under 500. I ate dinner at 5pm and was hungry again by 5:44. I think it's def my TOM making me feel extra hungry too. I toyed with the idea of just making today my moderate day like I had planned but I didn't eat all day today, the thought of doing it again tomorrow is not pleasing! So 670 it's is, and now that I know I'm not pregnant a melatonin to boot!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

elkay7 is offline Member
    Veronica - I think I read somewhere you burn an additional 500 calories/day when it is that TOM, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were hungrier due to using more calories up.

I just finished up a month on ADF. Down 13 lbs but surprisingly my calorie-intake is overall not much different than before I started dieting. I am thinking my weight loss might be because of eating lower on the glycemic index (less sugars and processed foods, less wheat, more carbs from produce, and more primal overall).

I had a really naughty weekend and ate and drank a bunch with my friends visiting from out of town, but no weight gain. I had a DD today after all of that, 100% primal this time and I feel AMAZING! I have been reading in here so many people eating hard-boiled eggs. So I ate one today with mustard and topped with paprika, salt and pepper (like a fake deviled egg), a huge green, leafy salad, and some raspberries. Lots of tea and water. I feel so much better. I am sorry liver.
    Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com