Page 91 of 159 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 91

Lilac is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Lilac- I ate over 100 gram of carbs yesterday when I normally stay below 50 and I'm finding I'm much hungrier today compared to other dd. I was wondering if its cause the insulin spike i must've had eating all those carbs yesterday?
    Hmm, interesting. I assumed that I was hungrier this morning because it's the start of TOM and I'm always hungrier (even when I am in ketosis and eating less than 50 carbs a day). I'm fine now after I had my snack at noon. I'll just have to see if eating more carbs on UD's affects my down days in the future.

The other thing I have noticed while I've been dieting (and I've been doing the low carb thing for a while) is that some days I'm just hungrier and I usually notice a "whoosh" after those hungrier days. I know it doesn't make sense, but weight loss certainly isn't linear and sometimes you get big whooshes.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Lilac- I ate over 100 gram of carbs yesterday when I normally stay below 50 and I'm finding I'm much hungrier today compared to other dd. I was wondering if its cause the insulin spike i must've had eating all those carbs yesterday?
    ya, that is a definite possibility. hmmm also you are not use to eating that many carbs, but I think that if u did it for awhile your body would a just and not be SO sensitive to it.. When you go low carb it takes a while to get out of it. I think your body can get use to it.. (that might be a good thing) it's just time to adapt. Altho, we all know where we are uncomfortable.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Down 1.2 after my dd but I'm still up .4 from Thursday. I too think my TOM is starting anyDay now, been taking pregnancy tests all week( negatives)and now I feel bloated so yea. Looking forward to my ud though, making ribs with primal bbq sauce , loaded baked cauliflower, and glazed lemon cake. No Grains Delicious Lemon Bread with a Lemon Glaze | Primally Inspired cept I'm gonna make them in to cupcakes so I can give 2/3 of it away. I don't bake very many paleo/primal treats but when I do I always give more than half away, helps that both my mom and a friend are primal too so they are more than happy to receive! By the way as written if made I to 12 cupcakes they have 160 cals/18 carbs/9 fat/ 6 protein. Ill let you know how they turn out!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I used to love probably still DO!) that Starbucks lemon bread, so I think I will try this, too. In bread style, since I have two teenagers to help me eat it. Thanks for figuring the macros for us.

I had a good day yesterday. Friends over in the evening, but I was able to keep to just a small piece of quiche and some salad for my dinner, skipping the pizza and cheesecake. Calorie count slightly high for a Down day, but I felt in control. I count it as a success. And the weight dip this morning was very encouraging. I do my weekly weigh-in tomorrow (always the weekend day after an Up Day), and I am hoping for good things.

TeriAnn, I am following your progress with interest, because I have pains that I am hoping to get rid of as well. Do you have a journal?

Down 1.2 after my dd but I'm still up .4 from Thursday. I too think my TOM is starting anyDay now, been taking pregnancy tests all week( negatives)and now I feel bloated so yea. Looking forward to my ud though, making ribs with primal bbq sauce , loaded baked cauliflower, and glazed lemon cake. No Grains Delicious Lemon Bread with a Lemon Glaze | Primally Inspired cept I'm gonna make them in to cupcakes so I can give 2/3 of it away. I don't bake very many paleo/primal treats but when I do I always give more than half away, helps that both my mom and a friend are primal too so they are more than happy to receive! By the way as written if made I to 12 cupcakes they have 160 cals/18 carbs/9 fat/ 6 protein. Ill let you know how they turn out!
    Oh MY! that sounds SOOOO D-LISH! I think I'll also have to make these... tomorrow.... thanks for the share!
    whats your primal BBQ sauce??

Quote Originally Posted by TerriAnn View Post
    if i over eat on carbs, it sets me up for failure. I feel hungrier than normal, and my cravings kick in. Starches (potatoes, rice etc) turn to sugar right away in the body, and then i feel the sugar cravings again. I steer clear. Yesterday was an ud, and i think i over ate, and the day before that, I may have over ate on my dd.
    Todays a new dd, and I'm back on track. its not an exact science, and if it takes me the summer to lose my 20 pounds, so be it. Patience, self acceptance, and enjoying the journey are my goals. the benefits from SIRT 1 and ADF go beyond weight loss, and good health , extra energy, clear skin, good hair days all combine to make me mighty happy I decided to follow this type of eating (after only 10 days, I have all theses benefits)
    Its better for me to keep the focus off the pounds. My inches have decreased. My clothes fit better. My moods are balanced. Lots to be grateful for.
    Its lovely sunny weather, and gentle gardenng is greta exercise, I will stay busy and happy all weekend
    I'm right with you!

Today is a beach volley ball with all my friends. It's also a DD for me... Ugh. Sometimes I find myself overwhelmed on UD worried that i'm not getting in enough to cover me for my DD. I think that thought process is setting me up for failure. That's not a way to live or even do this right. I just need to be smart and bring my own food to Vball. This week i don't feel as good last week either. Last night I went over 2100 by only 100 cals. You guys think that makes a difference? I know that being freaky controlling... I guess I just want that weight loss success SO BADLY. Maybe I just need to let go of the weight thing and just relax and stay on JUDDD. just sharing thoughts... Although, I think I'm seriously committed to this even through out the summer. I want fit into my jeans I haven't fit into since before the holidays... So, 1 pant size and 15 pounds. Lets do it body! <3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yoga11-100 extra calories on your Up Day will be fine. Try not to stress over it so much. Remember, you only need to count the calories on your Down Day. And even there, an extra 100 every once in a while should be fine. I had an extra 150 yesterday, and still had a very pleasing drop this morning.

I made the lemon bread, it is cooling on my stovetop right now, waiting for the glaze. It smells great. I am looking forward to trying it.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Well, I guess I'm taking an unwanted/unintentional break from ADF, lol. I've had bad watery diarrhea for the last 3 days, and yesterday all I wanted to do was have clear liquids and crackers. I have some gluten free crackers, so had 8 of those and some sliced roast beef and some watered down apple juice (no added sugar). It was supposed to be a down day, but I ended up having around 930 calories. Today is supposed to be an up day but I doubt it will be a much higher calorie count. Today I've had a Starbucks drink and some chicken and rice. Talk about higher carbs, lol. I need to get rid of the watery D before tomorrow though...I'm taking a short cruise on Wednesday and they won't let me on the ship if I still have it (or within 3 days).

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Well, I guess I'm taking an unwanted/unintentional break from ADF, lol. I've had bad watery diarrhea for the last 3 days, and yesterday all I wanted to do was have clear liquids and crackers. I have some gluten free crackers, so had 8 of those and some sliced roast beef and some watered down apple juice (no added sugar). It was supposed to be a down day, but I ended up having around 930 calories. Today is supposed to be an up day but I doubt it will be a much higher calorie count. Today I've had a Starbucks drink and some chicken and rice. Talk about higher carbs, lol. I need to get rid of the watery D before tomorrow though...I'm taking a short cruise on Wednesday and they won't let me on the ship if I still have it (or within 3 days).
    Hope u start feeling better soon!
    *~Sara~*

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    My Lemon muffins turned out great! I used whole milk and I think the lemon curdled it so my cake had weird little brown spots all over it that resembled raisins. It didnt effect the flavor but next time I might just make with coconut milk. How'd your turn out Sabine?
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy