Page 90 of 159 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 90

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well I'm up 2.2 after my ud, had about 120 g of carbs yesterday because I had an over ripe plantain I needed to use so I fried for breakfast. Completly forgetting I was make tostones( fried green plantains) to go with the Puerto Rican pork roast for dinner, and I stupidly ate a baby banana at lunch. So yeah all primal but high in carbs! Hope its gone by tomorrow. Dd today, so well see.

Gotta love that a DD gives you a break. Maybe try a "fat fast" for today... Try to get as close to no carbs as possible.
    U could also so a "steak" day... u eat nothing but 1 steak and 1 tomato cooked in some coconut oil/olive oil. Either way, let us know what happens...

So, all, in an attempt to get my dairy down down down this morning i woke up and was about to use cream/half and half whatever was available and instead I use coconut milk!! same calories and just without the dairy part. I can't believe i'm getting use to the flavor. The last couple days I have no felt on ADF. I think I also ate too many carbs then what my body is use to. I also snacked a lot... ugh every time I do it I have it. I'm SO a meal girl. I lose more eating meals as well. Anywho, I'm can't believe i'm drinking coconut milk over cream

I'm still having trouble figuring out the food on UD and DD. I think I'm just over whelmed. I don't want to think of "cheating" just because it's an UD, ya know? How the hell do I get my calories up on UD without the use of dairy, nuts, sweet potatoes or should I just be eating them! hmmm

FarmerPete is offline Junior Member
    I was talking to my wife the other night and I mentioned how I really have only ate half my calories on my DDs. I find that I skip breakfast and lunch with ease, and then I have a simple 300 calorie meal for dinner. I've been filling up my calories for the day with fluff (popcorn for the munching factor) or flavor (I love 64oz light slurpees from 7-Eleven. At 20 calories for 8oz, I can get the entire 64oz of slurpee for 160 calories. I suppose it would be better for me to add something better for me on the down days. I'm thinking I should try to eat more potatoes, since they are filling and lowish calorie.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    If you look at the lowcarbfriends forum you will see under the JUDDD section, that there is a potato hack for Down Days. Several people seem to have good success with it, but I am not willing to try a high-carb option for my Down (or Up) Days. They just have too rough of an impact on me.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Farmerpete- I'm confused are u doing primal because all the things you mention eating aren't primal?

Sabine- I too had (canned) coconut milk in my coffee this morning, only cause my HWC went bad, but when I did the whole 30 for a week(lol) I got used to the coconut flavor in my coffee, it's actually tasty and I look forward to making my own coconut frappacinos this summer! As for food ideas make sure you do ghee if you aren't doing butter, avacados, olive oil, fattier cuts of meat. That should add up in cals, also do you like pork rinds? That would be good too. I recently discovered dipping pork rinds on guacamole is heaven on earth!

Wel I weighed myself again after my coffee this morning and I was down .6 already so I'm not too worried about it.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerPete View Post
    I was talking to my wife the other night and I mentioned how I really have only ate half my calories on my DDs. I find that I skip breakfast and lunch with ease, and then I have a simple 300 calorie meal for dinner. I've been filling up my calories for the day with fluff (popcorn for the munching factor) or flavor (I love 64oz light slurpees from 7-Eleven. At 20 calories for 8oz, I can get the entire 64oz of slurpee for 160 calories. I suppose it would be better for me to add something better for me on the down days. I'm thinking I should try to eat more potatoes, since they are filling and lowish calorie.
    You do not need to eat all your dd calories-Dr. J says a full fast on dds are optimal, but realizes that most people can't do this, so that's why there's dd calorie allotments. It's the ud calories you want to be sure to get close to.

Also, there's a large, active section on the low carb friends forum that has tons of info on adf/dd food ideas etc. That's where I got all my info for adf. I'm no longer a member over there, since I am feeling led to do primal now, but the adf people over there are absolutely amazing and a wealth of information. The section is labeled JUDDD over there
    *~Sara~*

Lilac is offline Member
    Hi all. Had a very good UD yesterday - I even had a baked potato with dinner! I haven't had one in a long time because I think I put too much pressure on myself to stay under 50 carbs per day (I think I can safely stay between 50 and 100 carbs per day). I have decided that with JUDDD I will reintroduce a few good carbs that I previously avoided (i.e. berries, banana, potato/sweet potato). I ate about 75 carbs yesterday. My suspicion about water retention was right, as I am down to 217.8 this morning.

Today's DD is going to be tough (I can already tell). I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm starving. I'm trying to wait until noon for a snack.

Someone asked before about what I eat for up days:

Breakfast - Sometimes like to make the cream cheese pancakes (1 oz cream cheese, one egg, baking powder, cinnamon - blend together and cook with butter) - tastes like a cross between a pancake and french toast and is a real treat. I'm excited to try the banana pancake recipe. Otherwise, it's scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese, sausage/bacon, etc.

Lunch - Leftovers from dinner; or, a big salad with meat, cheese, olive oil for dressing, avocado, eggs; or, if I had pancakes in the morning I will make scrambled eggs and bring for lunch.

Snack - Macadamia nuts or almonds.

Dinner - Some meat with veggies - really varies depending on what I'm hungry for. Usually add in some cheese and fat.

Dessert - if I haven't met my calories for the day, then after my workout i'll have dark chocolate or berries with HWC and dark chocolate.

I've been getting anywhere from 2200 - 2300 calories on my up days. It's hard sometimes because I love veggies and eat them with every meal, so I get fuller faster. But I'm managing.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Hi all. Had a very good UD yesterday - I even had a baked potato with dinner! I haven't had one in a long time because I think I put too much pressure on myself to stay under 50 carbs per day (I think I can safely stay between 50 and 100 carbs per day). I have decided that with JUDDD I will reintroduce a few good carbs that I previously avoided (i.e. berries, banana, potato/sweet potato). I ate about 75 carbs yesterday. My suspicion about water retention was right, as I am down to 217.8 this morning.

Today's DD is going to be tough (I can already tell). I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm starving. I'm trying to wait until noon for a snack.

Someone asked before about what I eat for up days:

Breakfast - Sometimes like to make the cream cheese pancakes (1 oz cream cheese, one egg, baking powder, cinnamon - blend together and cook with butter) - tastes like a cross between a pancake and french toast and is a real treat. I'm excited to try the banana pancake recipe. Otherwise, it's scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese, sausage/bacon, etc.

Lunch - Leftovers from dinner; or, a big salad with meat, cheese, olive oil for dressing, avocado, eggs; or, if I had pancakes in the morning I will make scrambled eggs and bring for lunch.

Snack - Macadamia nuts or almonds.

Dinner - Some meat with veggies - really varies depending on what I'm hungry for. Usually add in some cheese and fat.

Dessert - if I haven't met my calories for the day, then after my workout i'll have dark chocolate or berries with HWC and dark chocolate.

I've been getting anywhere from 2200 - 2300 calories on my up days. It's hard sometimes because I love veggies and eat them with every meal, so I get fuller faster. But I'm managing.
    Pancakes sound really good- how much baking powder? Thanks!
    *~Sara~*

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    Hi all. Had a very good UD yesterday - I even had a baked potato with dinner! I haven't had one in a long time because I think I put too much pressure on myself to stay under 50 carbs per day (I think I can safely stay between 50 and 100 carbs per day). I have decided that with JUDDD I will reintroduce a few good carbs that I previously avoided (i.e. berries, banana, potato/sweet potato). I ate about 75 carbs yesterday.
    I too am enjoying re-introducing berries,bananas, sweet/reg potatoe. I also had lots of pressure to stay under 50 carbs and am around now 75. I think trouble for my stomach sets in when I go beyond 100carbs. I wonder if it makes a difference regarding weight loss... When I was VLC under 30 I didn't lose, I lose around 50, now i'm bit higher and seeing if it makes a difference. I like not having the "pressure" to stay under 30... it's SO nice.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Lilac- I ate over 100 gram of carbs yesterday when I normally stay below 50 and I'm finding I'm much hungrier today compared to other dd. I was wondering if its cause the insulin spike i must've had eating all those carbs yesterday?
    Last edited by vlo1125; 05-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    if i over eat on carbs, it sets me up for failure. I feel hungrier than normal, and my cravings kick in. Starches (potatoes, rice etc) turn to sugar right away in the body, and then i feel the sugar cravings again. I steer clear. Yesterday was an ud, and i think i over ate, and the day before that, I may have over ate on my dd.
    Todays a new dd, and I'm back on track. its not an exact science, and if it takes me the summer to lose my 20 pounds, so be it. Patience, self acceptance, and enjoying the journey are my goals. the benefits from SIRT 1 and ADF go beyond weight loss, and good health , extra energy, clear skin, good hair days all combine to make me mighty happy I decided to follow this type of eating (after only 10 days, I have all theses benefits)
    Its better for me to keep the focus off the pounds. My inches have decreased. My clothes fit better. My moods are balanced. Lots to be grateful for.
    Its lovely sunny weather, and gentle gardenng is greta exercise, I will stay busy and happy all weekend
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis