Page 9 of 159 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 9

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Um... Paleobird, I don't understand your comment about low carb spam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    There was likely a spam post that was removed by the moderators before you saw the page. Sometimes if the spam is apropo, I like to quote it so we can continue to enjoy it after the original has been zapped. In this case, we will just have to wonder!
    Yes, there was one of those forum skimmer spam posts saying, "I'm doing the low carb version of this diet" followed by a bunch of those little blue squares that are where marketing links lurk. Glad to know the mods are on the job.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Regarding cooking for others. On my down days (I am going with lower case dd for down day and upper case DD for my darling daughter) i make a couple of veggies and for the boys I do Pasta and for myself I use konjac noodles. Stuff like that. Make some thing we can all eat and then add to it for them. Then on my ud's I do a seriously nice meal we can all eat and maybe add bread to theirs. Neither of them are primal and both are carboholics and whine if i dont ocassionly add some to dinner.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Haha! It was pointing to the existing post above yours, which seemed completely normal and well thought out.... and I was like... damn... PB getting nasty! Glad to see I was wrong.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Made it through my Down day pretty easily yesterday, having my small mini-meals. (Well, I almost forgot the yogurt one, had to eat some just before I went to bed!) My energy wasn't off the charts, like it was last week, but still good: felt like walking, did my chores, no grumpiness. My Honey has said he notices he gets a little more irritable in the late afternoons of his Down Days, but figures he can just read when he gets home, and then go to bed early. He is a carb-hound, and most definitely NOT fat-adapted, so I think that is why he is having that difficulty. I can honestly say my disposition is the same on Down Days.

I've got my Up Day planned out: a nice pork chop and egg breakfast, meat and salad for lunch(going on a date with Honey), and homemade sushi and sashimi for dinner. I guess I'll sling my yogurt into a mid-day snack slot. Not that I think I will be hungry, but I am NOT giving up my pork chop for yogurt! There are limits to good-health, after all.

How are y'all doing?

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Had a great dd yesterday. Waited to eat until 4 pm (which is my ultimate goal in maintenance - 1 meal per day). Good focus and concentration and work..."hunger" was mild and very much in the background.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    dd is today.. I had my coffee and at 7am am already hungry. I plan to have some bone broth with a bouillon cube @ 9:50 when my first class leaves. That should tide me over until lunch which consists of 1/1/2 c of coleslaw cabbage sans dressing, a tuna pouch and a hard boiled egg.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

My up day kinda sucked. Had half a grapefruit. A cup of chili that made me sick. Then way late in the day I did a potato experiment. I made myself a potato. Baked it peeled and sliced under olive oil, salt and pepper. Covered it in butter when I ate it. It was freaking awesome. But, would it effect my weight?

Well, it didn't down another 1.4 lbs this morning. Ok, so it only sucked because the chili made me sick. Other than that, felt like a normal day. Calories were only 1000ish which is low.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I was intending to make yesterday my first down day by extending my normal fast until dinnertime. But when I got home I ended up eating a 950 calorie dinner, at least in part because the meat took an hour longer than anticipated. Note to self: plan better.

I agree! I think planning is key!

I actually love my fasting days because.. well... it just makes things easier. No cooking... no scrounging up food, no taking the time to make it and eat it. I save money this way too. It's kinda depressing to wake up in the morning knowing I won't eat anything that day, but at the same time, it's relieving. Does that make sense?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    dd today and hungry AND teaching about feed chains and food webs. One of the assignments is the students have to take a recent meal and trace the energy back to the sun. OMG.. their meals sound so good.

*anxiously awaiting my bone nroth*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 9 of 159 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast