Page 88 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 88

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    HapppyHippo- it is normal for EVERY weight-loss method, to have a slow-down after the initial loss. Just keep chugging away.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    HapppyHippo- it is normal for EVERY weight-loss method, to have a slow-down after the initial loss. Just keep chugging away.

But I WOULD like to see Mom23kids' numbers, too! I love that kind of info!

Lilac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Someone in another thread mentioned leangains so I did a bit of googling-seems to follow a 8/16 type of IF window, but then there's all the extra stuff about percentages to eat, training days etc. I want to keep things as simple as possible, and not got bogged down too much by breaking everything I eat and do into formulas etc. Maybe I'll try 1/6 next week, or just 8/16 IF by itself and see what happens Never in a million years did i ever think I would have this kind of 'problem'!
    Yes, not a bad problem to have!

Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Happy news first...I am down in weight this morning to a new low of 170.8. So at the end of my first month on ADF I've lost 6.8 pounds and ONE inch each off my bust, waist, and thighs and a half inch off each of my hip, calves and arms. And, since starting Primal at the beginning of February I've lost a total of 11.2 and a few more inches. Not bad at all!

So I started ADF at 177.6 and am 170.8 this morning. The biggest surprise was the inches I think. Though I do feel like my clothes are fitting better, they didn't seem that loose, lol. I'll take it.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Today is a completion of 1 week. I weighed myself and I lost 1/2 a pound. Let me tell you guys... I'm SO HAPPY!
    I haven't seen the scale go down in FOREVER!!! i was 165.5 and today I weighed 165.0. I feel I was expecting a bigger drop because the inches on my body I CAN FEEL ARE SMALLER. wow. So, i expect the scale to drop to where my inches are very soon. I feel SO MUCH smaller in my clothes.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well 211 lbs so that's only .4 lbs down for my 4th week which may as well be nothing. Wondering if its because I messed with my rotation last weekend or if its just slowing down now that I've been at it a month? I guess a loss is a loss even if its tiny.
    Don't fret. Weight loss is NOT linear, and if I recall correctly, you lost like 15 pounds in the first three weeks, so you're doing fantastic!
    -----------------------------------------
    So I completed my first week, and I'm down 1 pound. I wasn't expecting a big loss because I was already eating primal low carb, so I know I didn't have a lot of water weight to lose. I'm happy, because just prior to starting I was hovering around 222, and today I'm at 218.6 (I had a couple pound drop the day before I started). I weigh everyday, and the fluctuations this week have been interesting:

Start 219.6
    4/26 219.2 (after UD)
    4/27 217.4 (after DD)
    4/28 219.2 (after UD)
    4/29 220.2 (after UD)
    4/30 218.2 (after DD)
    5/1 219.8 (after UD)
    5/2 218.6 (after DD)

It's almost TOM, so I know I am retaining some water, so I think that is part of the fluctuation. I also did two UD's in a row because I want my DD's and my UD's to be the same each week. I may need to modify that moving forward, not sure yet. I know I've lost weight because the previous 2 or 3 weeks I kept on bouncing between 221 and 222. My clothes are also fitting better after one week (all my 16's are fitting and I'm even fitting into some 14's). I'm committed to trying JUDDD for 4 weeks, to give myself plenty of time to see how well it will work for me. I have found the down days pretty easy so far, and I definitely can see myself staying on JUDDD to get to my goal.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    I have a question...

Today is a DD, (friday)tomorrow is an UP, Saturday is a DD.

I need saturday to be an UD. Do any of you know how to successfully switch my days without changing my results? Should today and Tomorrow be a DD? will that slow down my process/metabolism? or maybe it would help me lose a couple for LBS?

I have to switch because I'm playing Volleyball and going on a hike Sautrday... I'll need the calories Saturday.

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    It's almost TOM, so I know I am retaining some water, so I think that is part of the fluctuation. I also did two UD's in a row because I want my DD's and my UD's to be the same each week. I may need to modify that moving forward, not sure yet. I know I've lost weight because the previous 2 or 3 weeks I kept on bouncing between 221 and 222. My clothes are also fitting better after one week (all my 16's are fitting and I'm even fitting into some 14's). I'm committed to trying JUDDD for 4 weeks, to give myself plenty of time to see how well it will work for me. I have found the down days pretty easy so far, and I definitely can see myself staying on JUDDD to get to my goal.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

what TOM? sorry I'm not hip to the abbreviations lol. I also just completed my week #1
    would you share you daily meals (UD&DD)... I love hearing what people eat, it gives me such inspiration and ideas!!

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    Mom23
    Can you post your numbers when you originally lost weight. Did you loose 8 lb every month or it's decreese when you get close to your goal weight. How many DD a week you had?
    I went thought April with 15 DD. But now would like to go to Mon, Wed, Fri. I don't know what to expect from my body because first 2 weeks went so great and then everything stall. Any ideas?
    Started last October with a general low carb/SAD diet, at my highest weight of 171lbs. Lost ten pounds in a matter of days, stalled, regaines most of the weight back and started resenting the food restrictions. That's when I found JUDDD I followed the calculator on Dr. Js site for my dd numbers and my dds were pretty strict, with no overage. However, I did not count ud calories, and just tried to be mindful of how many calories I was eating (spot checking showed I was averaging 1700-2000ish calories on uds). Also I was doing JUDDD with SAD-uds had plenty of fast food, processed.food, more cupcakes than I'd like to admit etc lol. Took several days off for Thanskgiving and I also totally went off plan for the week of Christmas-had like seven uds in a row, with lots of party food involved. After the holidays I got right back on and hit goal of 135 in mid March. Since then I've lost around 8 more pounds transitioning into maintenance, primal etc.

To date, I've lost a total of 44.5lbs and have gone from a size 14 jean, to a loose size 4.

Also, I did several potato hack days throughout my weight loss and I lost quite a bit of weight doing that (along with JUDDD). Probably lost around 10lbs with potatoes, spread out over several hacks. Then I'd jump back into my JUDDD rotations and that prevented the weight from coming back.

When I wasn't doing the potato hack I did every other day rotations, with the exception of the holidays and the potato hack days (1-3 days at a time and I think I did a total of three of them ).
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-02-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    *~Sara~*

FarmerPete is offline Junior Member
    Do any of you know how to successfully switch my days without changing my results? Should today and Tomorrow be a DD?
    I personally don't recommend it. I switched to a 4:3 plan because of all of the unexpected issues. It seems like every week I've got some birthday or holiday or out of town relative messing up my plan. It's better for me to just plan on three set DD per week. It also makes my wife a little happier, since unless we have an event, I can maintain a consistent MWF fasting schedule. I wouldn't recommend doubling up on DDs. I would make the second day a "Low calorie, but enough to keep your body functioning well" day. I would target 1500 calories myself. I figured that was enough that I could eat a respectable amount of food, but still add to my weight loss for the week.

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    what TOM? sorry I'm not hip to the abbreviations lol. !
    Time of the month . If you are girl you know what we are talking about :-))

Lol yes I'm a girl! I get it now... Haha

Lol yes I'm a girl! I get it now... Haha