Page 87 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 87

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Mom23kids~ if you think yore too thin then I'd definitely switch for 6:1 for now, just concentrate on nourishing your body with primal foods. I think you'd still get a benefit from fasting even if you only do it once a week. Also try to keep a calorie count on your regular eating days, you may find your not eating enough calories on those days and could benefit from upping them by adding more fats in to your diet.
    I haven't been keeping calorie counts of my uds, but looking over my journal, just for the last week, calories do seem a bit low. As for fats-it's hard to fit it in, but I'll keep trying!

Someone in another thread mentioned leangains so I did a bit of googling-seems to follow a 8/16 type of IF window, but then there's all the extra stuff about percentages to eat, training days etc. I want to keep things as simple as possible, and not got bogged down too much by breaking everything I eat and do into formulas etc. Maybe I'll try 1/6 next week, or just 8/16 IF by itself and see what happens Never in a million years did i ever think I would have this kind of 'problem'!
    *~Sara~*

FarmerPete is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    I'm getting nervous that I'm getting too thin?
    Sounds like a pretty good problem to have. :-) If you don't want to lose weight, than eat more. I'd probably switch to 6:1 if it was me. If you're still loosing weight, than you'll have to add more calories to the rest of your week.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Happy news first...I am down in weight this morning to a new low of 170.8. So at the end of my first month on ADF I've lost 6.8 pounds and ONE inch each off my bust, waist, and thighs and a half inch off each of my hip, calves and arms. And, since starting Primal at the beginning of February I've lost a total of 11.2 and a few more inches. Not bad at all!

So I started ADF at 177.6 and am 170.8 this morning. The biggest surprise was the inches I think. Though I do feel like my clothes are fitting better, they didn't seem that loose, lol. I'll take it.

On a not so happy note, OMG, my stomach is still hurting and I am definitely having bathroom issues again. I'm wondering if I should do a little n=1 and cut out dairy for a few days. I was thinking it started with the carrots and onions I had on the weekend, but now I'm not so sure. Veronica...yes your comment about the bathroom struck home with me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Today is a completion of 1 week. I weighed myself and I lost 1/2 a pound. Let me tell you guys... I'm SO HAPPY!
    I haven't seen the scale go down in FOREVER!!! i was 165.5 and today I weighed 165.0.
    are bananas and yams ok on UD? I'm not sure if I should ditch them. I guess JUDDD can be used on SAD, so the answer is probably yes, I can have them, but I want to become a fat burning machine! I feel it happening already...
    Congratulations, that is FANTASTIC!! I eat banana maybe once or twice a week, but would eat them more if I weren't doing the down day thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Something is wrong with this thread.
    Why, what's happening?

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Well 211 lbs so that's only .4 lbs down for my 4th week which may as well be nothing. Wondering if its because I messed with my rotation last weekend or if its just slowing down now that I've been at it a month? I guess a loss is a loss even if its tiny.

My stats:
    ADF start weight: 226 lbs
    Current weight: 211 lbs
    Total lost in 4 weeks: 15 lbs
    Yay, congratulations!! I certainly got messed up with my experiments last week, but hopefully we are both back on the losing track now!

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Obviously I don't want to stop primal, but wonder if I sbould cut back to a 1/6 kind of plan? That's what Dr. Mosley did to go into maintenance. But, then do I lose the health benefits of IF? Another option would be to switch to an eating window IF plan like 8/16.
    I'm not sure about losing the health benefits, but you may want to try it for a week or two just to see. The eating window might be just as good though and I'm sure you would still reap the benefits of fasting.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 252dlp View Post
    Why, what's happening?
    I wasn't able to access page 86 of this thread (and I still am not). It kicks me back to page 85.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I wasn't able to access page 86 of this thread (and I still am not). It kicks me back to page 85.
    That is so weird! Don't ya just love computers! I can get to 86 and 85 (if my computer is to be believed, and I'm not always entirely sure it should be).

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I would not worry about the two days of fasting while you are switching over. First, find the level of primal eating that lets you maintain, then work from that to see how to get the two days in once you have stabilized. You are improving your health in other ways by going primal, so I think any lessening of the SIRT1 effects will be balanced out. Also, it can be too tricky to be tweaking two systems at once!
    And, just as our bodies benefit from switching up exercise routines, there may be good sides to NOT fasting regularly for a little while. I seem to recall an article about that and SIRT1. Hmmm...need to go look at all the stuff again.
    Last edited by Sabine; 05-02-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: stray apostrophe wreaking havoc

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Started off my Up Day with a pork chop, 2 eggs, and the last piece of pumpkin 'pie'. I did NOT want to let that go begging in the back of the fridge. Finishing off some beef stew leftovers for my lunch, then having something new for dinner. Not sure what yet, but Honey and I are both wanting some vegetables. Hmmm...ratatouille sounds good. But it makes such a lot. NO leftovers! Maybe Siobhan's zucchini. There are never leftovers of THAT!

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I would not worry about the two days of fasting while you are switching over. First, find the level of primal eating that lets you maintain, then work from that to see how to get the two days in once you have stabilized. You are improving your health in other ways by going primal, so I think any lessening of the SIRT1 effects will be balanced out. Also, it can be too tricky to be tweaking two systems at once!
    And, just as our bodies benefit from switching up exercise routines, there may be good sides to NOT fasting regularly for a little while. I seem to recall an article about that and SIRT1. Hmmm...need to go look at all the stuff again.
    I've spent all morning reading Mark's posts about fasting and I agree with you- going to take a break from 5:2/low calorie days and focus on transitioning to primal right now. I may also do some IF eating windows, but I like Mark's idea of not planning them out and just letting them happen naturally.
    And, if the scale starts to creep up I can always throw in a dd to balance things out

Thanks for the input everyone!
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-02-2013 at 07:57 AM.
    *~Sara~*

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have been skipping breakfast for probably 8 years, since long before I heard of intermittent fasting. I started skipping breakfast because with my decreased activity level, I didn't seem to need as much food as previously, and I preferred to eat 2 good meals rather than 3 smaller ones. Also, it was easier to skip breakfast with no ill effects, even when I was eating more carbs. In the morning you are in the fasting mode until you start consuming fuel. You're just not as hungry. And if you do get hungry, it's so minor it's not even an inconvenience.

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    Mom23
    Can you post your numbers when you originally lost weight. Did you loose 8 lb every month or it's decreese when you get close to your goal weight. How many DD a week you had?
    I went thought April with 15 DD. But now would like to go to Mon, Wed, Fri. I don't know what to expect from my body because first 2 weeks went so great and then everything stall. Any ideas?