Page 86 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 86

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Today is a completion of 1 week. I weighed myself and I lost 1/2 a pound. Let me tell you guys... I'm SO HAPPY!
    I haven't seen the scale go down in FOREVER!!! i was 165.5 and today I weighed 165.0. I feel I was expecting a bigger drop because the inches on my body I CAN FEEL ARE SMALLER. wow. So, i expect the scale to drop to where my inches are very soon. I feel SO MUCH smaller in my clothes.
    I am still having trouble figuring out my UD and DD, but I know that in time it'll just fall into place. I have MAJOR HOPE
    for this weight-loss experiment w ADF will be a success. AH to be at 153lbs again (where I was before the Holidays and I never got rid of) will actually be OFF OF ME in time. 15 pounds would be perfect and it's not that much to lose after all. 150 is really tiny on my muscly body. But the point of me saying that was I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!

Anyways, I have a few question...

are bananas and yams ok on UD? I'm not sure if I should ditch them. I guess JUDDD can be used on SAD, so the answer is probably yes, I can have them, but I want to become a fat burning machine! I feel it happening already...

Fat burning machine suggestions... ??

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Today is a completion of 1 week. I weighed myself and I lost 1/2 a pound. Let me tell you guys... I'm SO HAPPY!
    I haven't seen the scale go down in FOREVER!!! i was 165.5 and today I weighed 165.0. I feel I was expecting a bigger drop because the inches on my body I CAN FEEL ARE SMALLER. wow. So, i expect the scale to drop to where my inches are very soon. I feel SO MUCH smaller in my clothes.
    I am still having trouble figuring out my UD and DD, but I know that in time it'll just fall into place. I have MAJOR HOPE
    for this weight-loss experiment w ADF will be a success. AH to be at 153lbs again (where I was before the Holidays and I never got rid of) will actually be OFF OF ME in time. 15 pounds would be perfect and it's not that much to lose after all. 150 is really tiny on my muscly body. But the point of me saying that was I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!

Anyways, I have a few question...

are bananas and yams ok on UD? I'm not sure if I should ditch them. I guess JUDDD can be used on SAD, so the answer is probably yes, I can have them, but I want to become a fat burning machine! I feel it happening already...

Fat burning machine suggestions... ??
    Congrats on the great start!

I eat a banana on some of my uds- use them to make those amazing banana/egg pancakes that are posted in the recipe section. I'm not in weight loss mode anymore, but am maintaining nicely, even with the occasional banana
    I've never had a yam, how sad is that lol.
    *~Sara~*

Well, I had totally forgotten that we're meetng a group of people at pizza hut for supper tonight, before my dds musical ugh. So ud it is! I just spent some time on their website and their naked traditional wings look decent-I can get 5 of them with a small side of ranch dressing for 340ish calories and almost no carbs/sugar. And their on deal today, so the cost would be $3 I'll also eat something before we go, so I'm not tempted to grab a breadstick.
    *~Sara~*

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hippo View Post
    Sabine what kind of Liverwurst do you buy? I like boars head brand. But I don't have a scale at home and now wondering how I can measure small amount?
    You can buy a portable scale on Amazon for just $8 (free shipping if you have amazon prime). I have this one. Amazon.com: American Weigh Signature Series Black Digital Pocket Scale, 1000 by 0.1 grams: Kitchen & Dining

When I was counting and weighing everything, I carried it around in my bag.

Happy Hippo is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=serenity;1177894]You can buy a portable scale on Amazon for just $8 (free shipping if you have amazon prime).

Thank you. I didn't even realized its was so cheap.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Something is wrong with this thread.

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    Today is my fifth dd ever. Its much easier already. Funny how I never thought I could do without food.
    Yoga 11, you could be telling my story. Same weight, same muscly body type, same goal weight.
    I dont have any problem getting in my ud calories.
    I started the star calendar. It helps.
    I feel positive and motivated, I know I have lost inches, but will only weigh myself once a week. so, dont know if any pounds are gone. It's not about that for me anyway, Its about my colitis, and my health overall, how I feel, and then how my clothes fit.
    I might just have a peek at the scale tomorrow. I'm glad this forum is here
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Well 211 lbs so that's only .4 lbs down for my 4th week which may as well be nothing. Wondering if its because I messed with my rotation last weekend or if its just slowing down now that I've been at it a month? I guess a loss is a loss even if its tiny.

My stats:
    ADF start weight: 226 lbs
    Current weight: 211 lbs
    Total lost in 4 weeks: 15 lbs

Here's to what another 4 weeks may bring! I'm hoping another 5-10lbs!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

I did end up making yesterday a dd afterall, wih a hb egg after strength training and then 5 wings at Pizza Hut. I was really proud of myself for having the control to not eat the cheesy breadsticks or dessert apple thingys everyone else got.

So-woke up to a new low of 126.5lbs this morning, and I'm a bit freaked out.
    I'm 34yrs old, 5ft, 6in, am pear shaped, and have a medium frame (according to the wrist measurement test). I started JUDDD at 171lbs and size 14 jeans, and a goal to get down to 135-140 and size 8. Called goal end of March and switched to 5:2/-2 dds a week. Kept losing so modified 5:2 and now do a 700-900 calorie md on Mondays and a 500 dd later on in the week. That stabilized the weight loss-until I switched to primal last week. That's put my body into weight loss mode again it seems. Problem is, I really don't want to lose any more weight! My hip bones are starting to stick out, my chest is now a very small size A (and I bf three babies ugh), and my stomach is too flat, if that makes sense? I'm pear shaped and while my butt now looks awesome, I still have the thigh saddlebags going on, but their much smaller now and walking/strength training sbould get rid of them eventually.

Obviously I don't want to stop primal, but wonder if I sbould cut back to a 1/6 kind of plan? That's what Dr. Mosley did to go into maintenance. But, then do I lose the health benefits of IF? Another option would be to switch to an eating window IF plan like 8/16. Supposedly you still get health benefits of IF, but you don't restrict calories. This morning I'm 126.5lbs and my size four jeans are loose enough that I need to look into size twos.
    I'm getting nervous that I'm getting too thin?

Ok, whine over lol.
    *~Sara~*

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Mom23kids~ if you think yore too thin then I'd definitely switch for 6:1 for now, just concentrate on nourishing your body with primal foods. I think you'd still get a benefit from fasting even if you only do it once a week. Also try to keep a calorie count on your regular eating days, you may find your not eating enough calories on those days and could benefit from upping them by adding more fats in to your diet.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy