Page 83 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 83

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How did you get multiple quotes on a page? I always end up having 3 posts in a row.. that way seems much easier

and congrats Jezzebelle!

FarmerPete is offline Junior Member
    I've been doing ADF for 48 days now. I'm down 24lbs. It's really a lot easier than I had ever expected. I think I'll probably keep fasting at least once a week even after I hit my goal. Of course, I have 80lbs more to go, so that will be awhile.

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerPete View Post
    I've been doing ADF for 48 days now. I'm down 24lbs. It's really a lot easier than I had ever expected. I think I'll probably keep fasting at least once a week even after I hit my goal. Of course, I have 80lbs more to go, so that will be awhile.
    That's amazing! Keep it up!
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    That's amazing! Keep it up!
    Thanks everyone. Think I made a mistake having almost 600 calories for breakfast. My belly isn't too pleased at the moment. Lol. Ended up having 1 avacado, 3 eggs, and a cup of broccoli. Still have under 1200 to get in to reach my 1796... My current thought is eww! It's funny down days I can't wait til it's an up day then after an up day it's like yay a down day, my belly can rest. Lmao

andi is offline Member
    Naturally we are programmed to overeat, since generally food wasn't always as readily available as it is now. Even fasting two days out of the week will create a large calorie deficit, and cause us to use some of what our body has stored.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I was inspired by FarmerPete's post to look at my numbers since I began.

I started JUDDD with my first Down Day on March 5th. I weighed 202.0 pounds.
    April 5th I was 191.5.
    This morning I was 188.5.

So 13.5 pounds over 56 days, most of it during the first month, but a respectable pound per week this last month.

Non-weight positives: My IBS is getting better. I'm saving money on food. I feel I can sustain this long-term. This gives me hope that when I get to my goal weight, I will be able to stay there. My energy levels seem to be rising, not in terms of having more energy on a particular day, but that I seem to 'have steam' longer each day.

I'm liking it!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    How did you get multiple quotes on a page? I always end up having 3 posts in a row.. that way seems much easier
    On each post there are three reply choices (toward the bottom right of each post), the first is reply, the second is reply with quote and the third is multiple quotes. You would click on that third choice as you read through all the posts, then when you are ready to reply, you would hit "reply to thread" at the bottom left of the screen... All the posts you checked will appear in that window at the bottom of the screen. You can delete out any text you don't want, just be sure you don't delete the beginning or end quote tags. You would reply after the ending quote tag which will look like [/QUOTE ], but without the space before the bracket. Hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerPete View Post
    Amazing!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    I also have been having non-weight positives: (sorry if it's TMI) but I go to the bathroom more often. Which is actually why I'm Primal... I'm grain intolerant. BUT even doing this ADF has made it even better! I'm not at the point where DD are easy, BUT i feel my body really using fuel. Like as if my metabolic rate is kicking butt!!! my engine is ON.. ya know? that feels amazing..

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, I'm thinking about jumping on this bandwagon soon. I haven't had a chance to read all 83 pages of this thread yet so please bear with me as I ask stupid questions. So the JUDDD website says that you can eat as much as you want on up days without intentionaly overeating (whatever that means--every time I overeat it has been unintentional). But looking at some of the posts on this thread, some of you have calorie caps for up days. Is that recommended? Thanks!

Edited to add: Also, do any of you combine this with vigorous exercise? Does it create problems? I Crossfit four times a week and run 2-3 times a week. Not too worried about the running because I can run on very little carbs and/or calories. Slightly concerned about Crossfit.
    Last edited by diene; 04-30-2013 at 10:16 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    ooo congrats! what do u think the shift is coming from? more animal fat?
    That's a possibility. I was making an effort to eat as close as my daily protein needs as possible on my down day, which meant I was eating next to no fat on those days, mostly a big pile of fish and some tomato and lettuce.

Right now I am eating mostly roast beef, butter, and egg yolks. Yesterday it was about 18 ounces of lean beef, an ounce and a half of butter, and 9 egg yolks. Eight ounces of beef for lunch and 4 egg yolks didn't seem like enough, so I at more for supper. That felt like too much in the evening, so I will try to eat a little more for lunch and a little less in the evening. Live and learn.

When I run out of the tri-tip roast, I will switch to rib-eye steak and cut back on the butter.