Page 81 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat page 81

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    Awesome!
    I use this one...
    Amazon.com: Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable: Home & Kitchen

altho yours is better for smaller sized zucchini I LOVE IT!
    Ha that's the same exact one I have, wish I would've seen the little one first, cheaper and less bulky. Though I do love to use it to make zucchini and cucumber noodles. I also make apple "fries" for my daughter the apples come out like matchstick size so it looks like fries.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Ha that's the same exact one I have, wish I would've seen the little one first, cheaper and less bulky. Though I do love to use it to make zucchini and cucumber noodles. I also make apple "fries" for my daughter the apples come out like matchstick size so it looks like fries.

OOOoo share recipe

TerriAnn is offline Junior Member
    today is my third down day. Yesterday i had a mid day, because i want to fast mon wed and fri, not sure then what to do with sunday? should i have 2 up days in the weekend?

I did start measuring portions, and weighing my food, and counting calories, although I don't like to do it. I am glad I did. what an eye opener!

I was eating like my grown sons, health food, yes, but copious amounts.

I also snuck on the scale although I dont want to weigh in more than once a week, just to see if i should give up and EAT SOMETHING, but, i was down a pound in just 4 days, so Im on track. Its not only about weight loss. i suffer with bowel disease, and have heard this is amazing for it.

My goal is get off the pharmaceuticals by the end of 2012.

Its 6 pm, and I have had 2 cups of broth and a protein shake today. Dinner will be liver and an egg. Tomorrow I can eat!

I think its important for me to be busy in the evening on down days at this point, so tonight i am upholstery cleaning my furniture!

This half fast might be good for a lot of things!
    Primal 90% from sept. 2012
    looking to alter ulcerative colitis

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    OOOoo share recipe
    No recipe, i just peel an apple and use my spiral slicer and it looks like fries. She gets a kick out of it.
    Veronica

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, my down day turned into a medium day as well. My stomach continued to hurt all day and sometimes food helps...today was one of those days. I have to enter it all on MFP, but I think I'm not excessively high, it's just not a down day, lol. I'm undecided whether I just want to keep tomorrow as an up day or do my down day tomorrow...I guess it will depend on if my stomach hurts when I get wake up. So, I had a marathon Pride & Prejudice viewing...watched the entire BBC production with Colin Firth...six hours I think, lol. But my tummy does feel a bit better....still sore, but not nearly as bad as earlier.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    So today was my 3rd up day... I really wanted to get up to my goal of 2100 calories.. And I did it! But Oh my g! My stomach hurts SO badly. Maybe my food had flour in the sauce. Sometimes restaurants do that... (Which I'm intolerant)
    Or 2100 calories just hurts! :P

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Had a solid dd yesterday and stayed on track, yay! This morning's weigh in was 128, which is right in the middle of my maintenance range. Really happy about that, after my indulgent weekend
    *~Sara~*

Back to 211.4 after my dd,I think instead of having an ud Saturday and a moderate day on Sunday I should have had two moderate days of 1300 cals each. Ill try that this weekend and report the results.

I'm pretty sure I didn't conceive this month so ill have at least another month of ADF and hope I can lose another 5-10 lbs. I can't say I enjoy ADF but I do enjoy the results, and most days it's easy. But when you have a rough dd it can seem daunting to continue.

Very much looking forward to my up day, chorizo and goat cheese omelet, bacon kimchi stir fry, pot roast and mashed butternut squash topped with bacon, and various snacks. Yippee!!!!
    Veronica

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I'm feeling mostly better today, but decided to make it an up day, though I think it will end up being mostly a moderate day. I was down in weight this morning...not quite down to my lowest on ADF, but almost. But judging by how many times I've visisted the ladies room today, I might also be down tomorrow, lol. I guess whatever it was that caused the pain is slowly moving out. (sorry for TMI, lol).

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My Fat-Fast Down Day yesterday went very well. I started off with a slice of liverwurst(60K) in the early afternoon when I first felt hungry. Cut it into 24 little pieces and ate it slowly over a period of ten minutes. Then in the evening I had 1T of mascarpone(60K) and another slice of liverwurst, about an hour apart. And that was it.

180 calories, which is my lowest 'eating' Down Day so far, and it was very easy. Minimal hunger, and I was not thinking about food all day, which I can find even more annoying than hunger sometimes. I don't want to be obsessive, you know?

Especially pleased because of my three Up Days in a row. It feels empowering to be able to swing right back into a Down Day without stress, or feeling deprived. My Honey and I are always talking about this way of eating, and we are both coming to feel that it is something we can live with over the long haul. Since we are both interested in the health and life-extension possibilities of the IF, we are hoping the long-term will be very long!

Today is my daughter's birthday, so we are planning a celebratory dinner out (sushi- which we all love). I'm going to have a pork chop, eggs, and greens for breakfast, with maybe some chicken and guacamole for lunch. I still have some of that pumpkin 'pie' to finish. One thing about ADF, the leftovers pile-up. Meats, I am learning to stick right into the freezer, but I don't think this 'pie' will freeze. Maybe I'll add a sliver to my breakfast.

Someone was asking for the recipe. Here it is. I got it from Bon Appetit's November 2012 edition.

Grandma's Pumpkin Pie (with primal alterations)

Combine
    1 1/2C pumpkin puree
    2 large eggs
    1C cream (instead of whole milk)
    1/2C pure maple syrup-grade B
    1T tapioca flour (instead of wheat)
    1t cinnamon
    1/2t ground ginger
    1/4t salt

Pour into a greased pie plate(instead of a baked crust).

Cook at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until center is just set. let cool. Serve with whipped cream.